My license was in my mail today!

Applied 02-06-17 w/o prints

Current status as of 04-24-17 still "Under Review"

Love the efficiency of our state government! (sarcasm)

Trying to be patient. My Alien Gear holster is lonely with no real-world use so far. :)

05/16 - Finally went to "QC Verified" under the inspect element. Hope that means it will go to approved soon! 99 days since submitted without prints so far.

Have emailed them several times with questions in hopes of "bumping" my CCL through faster, but just got automatic "We have 120 days to review" emails in response.

Edited by jphotoman

Went to "Approved" today (05/22) under inspect element. Crossing fingers for going active this week!

It has been 105 days so far without prints, so technically they have another 15 days.

Applied 02-06-17 w/o prints

Current status as of 04-24-17 still "Under Review"

Love the efficiency of our state government! (sarcasm)

Trying to be patient. My Alien Gear holster is lonely with no real-world use so far. :)

05/16 - Finally went to "QC Verified" under the inspect element. Hope that means it will go to approved soon! 99 days since submitted without prints so far.

Have emailed them several times with questions in hopes of "bumping" my CCL through faster, but just got automatic "We have 120 days to review" emails in response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5/10/17 Applied (with prints)

5/22/17 Showed QC-Verified under "inspect element"- Status still shows Under Review.

6/22/17 Went Approved under "inspect element" - Status still shows Under Review.

And ... for the first time I have seen on this board, someone who applied after me has gone approved before me. I am still sitting at QC_Verified. I applied (with prints) on 05/07/17.

5/22/17 Showed QC-Verified under "inspect element"- Status still shows Under Review.

6/22/17 Went Approved under "inspect element" - Status still shows Under Review.

And ... for the first time I have seen on this board, someone who applied after me has gone approved before me. I am still sitting at QC_Verified. I applied (with prints) on 05/07/17.

I applied with prints 04/25/17 , I went QC verified 05/16/17 , Im still under review.

Im sitting 1 hour away from 59 days, how do you think I feel? Ha

I applied with prints 04/25/17 , I went QC verified 05/16/17 , Im still under review.

Checked this morning as I often do and my status has changed to ACTIVE. Now I wait for the mail man/woman :)

That just makes me feel worse. :no:

Applied 4/11 w/prints

She's at 78 days and counting. Though I want me license as soon as possible, I would be okay waiting, if I knew it was just admin time, and it sometimes take 90 days. I think the harrowing thing (especially for those from Cook County) is that each day you wait is one more day you can go under board review. I think an interesting data point would chart the following:

1) Application Date

2) County of Residence

3) Active Date or Under Board Review Date

If people knew that by day 50 or 60 or 70 (or whatever the data say it is) there is a low likelihood of a LE objection, people would rest easier. However, as far as I can tell, anecdotally from this forum, people have gone under board review quite late in the process, though I don't know how late.

Applied 4/11 w/prints

She's at 78 days and counting. Though I want me license as soon as possible, I would be okay waiting, if I knew it was just admin time, and it sometimes take 90 days. I think the harrowing thing (especially for those from Cook County) is that each day you wait is one more day you can go under board review. I think an interesting data point would chart the following:

1) Application Date

2) County of Residence

If people knew that by day 50 or 60 or 70 (or whatever the data say it is) there is a low likelihood of a LE objection, people would rest easier. However, as far as I can tell, anecdotally from this forum, people have gone under board review quite late in the process, though I don't know how late.

I applied September something, 2016 (with prints and out of Crook County) and went Under Board Review late November.

Applied 4/11 w/prints

1) Application Date

2) County of Residence

I applied September something, 2016 (with prints and out of Crook County) and went Under Board Review late November.

So pretty late in the process. 75 days or so. How awful, especially knowing your story that the objection is utterly ridiculous.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MKHALIL61,

May I ask, if you know, what was the likely cause your app went under board review?

I ask because I'm at day 70 and have been at QCV/Under review the entire time with no changes the whole way.

I've only got 2 LEO interactions from my past. One was in 1992, or so, for driving while suspended for an unpaid speeding ticket in Lake Co, IL. I paid that ticket and it was all good. The other was in 1993 when my then girlfriend's dad called his Chicago PD pals on me for being at their house during the wee hours of a saturday morning after she and I had been out with friends all night. I spent the night at 65th St. I got arrested for being drunk and disorderly and went to court and all was fine. So I'm hopeful that something so silly as that wouldn't be a cause to deny me. I have no DUI's, possessions, violence, thefts, etc. Just the two things mentioned above.

Has anyone here been denied for things such as these, and if so, how'd it work out for you?

Thanks,

I ask because I'm at day 70 and have been at QCV/Under review the entire time with no changes the whole way.

Under review does not equal under board review. If you are at day 70 with no prints, you are probably looking at another 30 or more days. Take a deep breath and be patient.

Edited by InterestedBystander

MKHALIL61,

May I ask, if you know, what was the likely cause your app went under board review?

I've only got 2 LEO interactions from my past. One was in 1992, or so, for driving while suspended for an unpaid speeding ticket in Lake Co, IL. I paid that ticket and it was all good. The other was in 1993 when my then girlfriend's dad called his Chicago PD pals on me for being at their house during the wee hours of a saturday morning after she and I had been out with friends all night. I spent the night at 65th St. I got arrested for being drunk and disorderly and went to court and all was fine. So I'm hopeful that something so silly as that wouldn't be a cause to deny me. I have no DUI's, possessions, violence, thefts, etc. Just the two things mentioned above.

Has anyone here been denied for things such as these, and if so, how'd it work out for you?

Thanks,

JimN1968,

I had some juvie arrests for stupid things (criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct). I am sure that those are reason for my objection (but at this point I don't know because there has been no communication from the board). Unfortunately, if you live in Crook County there is a high chance that Sheriff Tom Dart and his phony crew will object to your application due to the fact that you have been arrested Crook County. Basically how we have been seeing it is they object to any applicant that has been arrested in cook county, whether that case resulted in a non-conviction or dismissal (link below to there website where they brag about all the objections they have made).

As for denial that is up to the board and doubt that they will deny you for something like that. Unfortunately, the board is so backlogged so you will end up waiting over a year before hearing back from them i.e. receiving your conceal carry license. But in the rare occasion that you are denied there is an appeal process that has been heavily discussed in other forums, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to start digging through some of the forums on this website.

Good luck and let us know what happens, hopefully you slide threw without having to go through what some of us on here had to.

http://www.cookcountysheriff.org/conceal_and_carry.html

6/26/2017 Status changed to Active

7/1/2017 License in hand

52 days total (including one Federal holiday).

6/26/2017 Status changed to Active

7/1/2017 License in hand

52 days total (including one Federal holiday).

Congrats! Another good guy with a gun. Carry safe.