Polling: FOID Fingerprints, AWB, ...

InterestedBystander

I'm normally pretty skeptical of polls but we need to get the Pro 2A community out voting, calling and writing their state senators and reps as well as educating the misinformed.

full story at link...

..."Illinois Voters Support More Statewide Gun Regulation, Survey Shows

Illinois residents across the state, and across party lines, largely support more gun regulations. Thats according to the results of an NPR Illinois - University of Illinois Springfield survey. We took a look at the new data and explored what might be behind the numbers."...

https://www.nprillinois.org/post/illinois-voters-support-more-statewide-gun-regulation-survey-shows#stream/0

2019-10-13-survey-guns-4-questions_1.jpg

2019-10-13-survey-guns-background_1.jpg

2019-10-13-survey-guns-assault_1.jpg

2019-10-13-survey-guns-magazines_2.jpg

2019-10-13-survey-guns-fingerprints_1.jp

What I see in the first two questions is that they deliberatly inject the anti-gun focused negative spin words into the question, that IMO taints the survey and shows a bias of the survey takers and invokes the negative connotations that skew the survey. Crafting the question to invoke a response either way is a classic way to skew polling results.

Just a guess, if they changed the end of the first question to "commonly known as standard capcity magazines" the answers would be different, same if they remove AR15 and AK47 from the second question.

It looks like a NPR poll, that explains the majority of it.

It is, but will that matter when they start throwing this out when these bills come up?
With the rite people pointing out that NPR is a left leaning news source, yes it should matter. To balance it out use a NRA poll asking the exact same questions and see what both polls produce when combined. Or just suggest they use the NRA polls.

Looking at the polling methodology, they over-sampled Democrats by 2:1. That right there calls the results into question. As was mentioned above, the wording of the questions is designed to get the (liberal) response that the pollster wanted. This poll is worse than useless.

Actually, that is probably in our favor. I'm sure they more than outnumber us in this state than two to one.

I don't care who supports what. This isn't a majority rules system where your "wants" control or dictate my rights.

Though I do find it interesting that these polls never seem to include many rural people or downstaters.. Just Springfield and Chicago soccer moms.

Polls like this are just used to shape future public opinion in order to disarm the populace at a slow and steady rate, with total confiscation being the end goal. The game is clear..

Though I do find it interesting that these polls never seem to include many rural people or downstaters.. Just Springfield and Chicago soccer moms..

Polling nowadays is a disaster, it's always skewed nowadays so they try and use some made up formula to correct the skewing, and when the formula doesn't work they tweak it to get the expected outcome many times.

Back in the day they could dial random phone numbers and using areacodes and prefixes get a pretty random sampling and people answered the phone because they didn't know who it was, those days are long gone.

When you read the fine print and methodolgy used on some of these polls it's mind boggling. With number porting and cell phones, areacodes and prefixes don't really mean squat anymore. Second everyone has caller ID, less and less people answer unknown numbers, chances are if you get someone to answer your unknown number it's a teen or elderly person, most middle aged people simply don't answer. Also these polls still lean heavily on land lines, and in doing so you are skewing towards the elderly or worse calling businesses. And the worst of all worse they include Internet sampling in the polls, and to be blunt there is NO and I repeat NO way that is not biased and impartial as it requires polls be put on a website that is for all intents guranteed to be biased and have their biased viewers. Then they get into all sorts of mind boggling weighted methodologies weighting the opinions collected differently based on race, region, age, sex or whatever they decide, it's a hot mess. Then they pull a margin of error out of their rear.

This poll was skewed right off the bat because they survied 'registered voters' and of that sampling they were only able to call those that optionally chose to include a valid phone number when they registered, again something many opt out of (like me) and thus will never be sampled. They then played the weighting game and they have an entire page telling you about how they go 'adjusting' the results https://www.aapor.org/Education-Resources/For-Researchers/Poll-Survey-FAQ/Weighting.aspx

Archived