Applied for CCL today

JDW

I applied online today. Double checked all my info and was extra careful No prints were submitted. The 60 bucks I saved will buy me some merch for reloading.

I'm now settled in for the long wait. Kind of an exciting day for an old guy like me. :) Plenty of time to get out to the range and practice while I wait.

Edit to add: with Molly B's kind help, I added LiveScan prints to my application today.(7-19-17) So much for saving the 60 bucks.

I applied online today. Double checked all my info and was extra careful No prints were submitted. The 60 bucks I saved will buy me some merch for reloading.

I'm now settled in for the long wait. Kind of an exciting day for an old guy like me. :) Plenty of time to get out to the range and practice while I wait.

I waited awhile after we got CC because I was in no hurry so waiting for my card to arrive wasn't that big of a deal but when I went over 100 days I started to wonder what was going on...card arived 3 days later. I was a little apprehensive the first time I left the house strapped up but that went away pretty quickly. Good luck and be safe!

I hope that you get it sooner rather than later.

I waited awhile after we got CC because I was in no hurry so waiting for my card to arrive wasn't that big of a deal but when I went over 100 days I started to wonder what was going on...card arived 3 days later. I was a little apprehensive the first time I left the house strapped up but that went away pretty quickly. Good luck and be safe!

I'm 100% sure I'll be apprehensive the first time and probably for the first few weeks of carrying. I'm in no particular rush, but it will be an extra layer of personal protection added to my little 3" pocket knife. Thanks, brother.

I hope that you get it sooner rather than later.

Thanks, we shall see what happens.

If you don't mind, can I ask why you have waited this long to apply? The law has been in effect since 2014, you mention that you are a "old guy". Just curious.

I hope your wait is short.

If you don't mind, can I ask why you have waited this long to apply? The law has been in effect since 2014, you mention that you are a "old guy". Just curious.

I hope your wait is short.

I allowed my old FOID to expire when I lost interest in shooting sports. A year or so ago, my S-I-L talked me into applying for a new FOID so we could shoot together at his range. After i did that, and after a lot of range time, I decided getting CCL's for my wife and I was a good common sense move. If I had maintained my first FOID, surely I would have applied for CCL when it was first available. I hope that answers your question.

Welcome back to the community. Hope the process goes smoothly. If not, then we have plenty of resources available to you. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks skinnyb82, it's good to be back and this forum is one of the very best I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of.

I gotta ask, sorry but I read way too much and sometimes it doesn't compute.......

So, S-I-L is sister in law?

Cause right after that you say "shoot together at (HIS) range"

Congrats on applying

Good choice in my opinion with the prints, less stress maybe?

LOL, good question. All 3 of my son in law's are great guys. My one sister in law, otoh, well....i'll leave that one alone. :)

Archived