Can't get logged in to renew ccl

powderhead

Well I've tried everything, and I still can't get logged in. I just renewed my foid last month and I used my foid number as my ID. Did my number change with the new card? I don't know because I destroyed my old card. Now it is telling me I have to contact the ISP, but all I am getting is a snail mail address. Surely there must be a phone number to talk to a human and get this straightened out. I tried re-registering as a new user, but it is telling that my email address is already being used - well duh.

Oh and at one point it was asking for my number one security question. I have no idea what I used without a prompt.

I am at a loss. Advice is encouraged.

Register a new account using a new email address.

Molly, I did a class today and the "lost password" was a problem. The system allowed us to re-register 2 students using their original email addresses and reset user names and passwords. One student tried using his original email and was denied the first time but was accepted on the second attempt, the other used his old email and it went right through. We are now getting close to 6000 renewal applications as of 4:30 PM today.

Renewed today, worked fine for me.

To save yourself some aggravation, remember to:

sign your certificate of training ('doh)

have it ready for upload

have a photo of yourself no older than 30 days old, head and shoulders shot on plain light-colored background, no hats, sunglasses, etc., neutral facial expression, eyes open.

Oh, and have credit card ready with at least $155 on it. :P

FINALLY!!! My problem was with my ID. I had used my foid number as my log in ID, and I recently renewed that card. Not knowing that they had changed the number on my foid card, I was at a loss as to what to do. Fortunately, when I tried to re-register as a new user my old number popped on the screen and I was able to compare my old and new number and saw the difference.

Well, at least now I have been able to re-new my CCL.

I went to change address recently. FOID was no problem, CCW the ISP sent me a letter telling me my CDL address did not match. Checked my profile app info and it was up to date, changed address on CDL after ISP sent letter apparently. Tried to call ISP but can't get through. Is there an email address for the ISP so that I can ask them, did you note that my CDL address was updated and my documents should all be in compliance? Will they do this automatically and my updated CCW will mysteriously appear at my new address some day soon? Maybe but the letter from the ISP notes that the CCW is voided after 60 days if all my papers are not in order so would like to be able to talk to or at least email a human being for a response prior to the witching hour.

• 2 months later...

Renewed today, worked fine for me.

To save yourself some aggravation, remember to:

sign your certificate of training ('doh)

have it ready for upload

have a photo of yourself no older than 30 days old, head and shoulders shot on plain light-colored background, no hats, sunglasses, etc., neutral facial expression, eyes open.

Oh, and have credit card ready with at least $155 on it. :P

It seems stupid to have you submit a picture taken in the last 30 days so they can compare it with your DL photo which may be almost 4 years old and then use the 4 year old picture for your FCCL.

Register a new account using a new email address.

Molly, I did a class today and the "lost password" was a problem. The system allowed us to re-register 2 students using their original email addresses and reset user names and passwords. One student tried using his original email and was denied the first time but was accepted on the second attempt, the other used his old email and it went right through. We are now getting close to 6000 renewal applications as of 4:30 PM today.

I went back to the ISP to register as a new account and it indicated to use your email address as your user name. Went back and entered that for the account I had already set up. Then I get a message "security questions tied to the account specified have not been answered. Consequently you will need to contact the Illinois State Police to reset your password." Looks like I'm being sent to ISP purgatory! Think they'll answer an email? Do they list an email address? I don't remember being asked to list any security questions when I set the account up. They didn't ask me to answer any security question.

I went back to the ISP to register as a new account and it indicated to use your email address as your user name. Went back and entered that for the account I had already set up. Then I get a message "security questions tied to the account specified have not been answered. Consequently you will need to contact the Illinois State Police to reset your password." Looks like I'm being sent to ISP purgatory! Think they'll answer an email? Do they list an email address? I don't remember being asked to list any security questions when I set the account up. They didn't ask me to answer any security question.

If they do not show the security questions, that usually means it does not recognize the user ID. When in question, create a new account.

If they do not show the security questions, that usually means it does not recognize the user ID. When in question, create a new account.

OK, I tried to register again, got a new email address, put in different user name and got as far as entering my DL number, had a problem as my last name starts with O and thought that was a zero, I go back to the application and start again and it says that user name and email address is already in use. What do I do now?

Archived