NY Attorney General to disband NRA

Blaster

Why in the world are they registered in New York when their HQ is in VA? One would think they would be registered in a pro-gun pro-rights state....Beyond my understanding I guess.

Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate, the founders of the NRA lived in New York.
It is not uncommon for a business to be chartered in one state and have its headquarters in another.
Often it is for tax and law purposes.

Well, you have to think to, look at how old the NRA is. They were founded in 1871 I think. I imagine that New York, though maybe progressive, probably never appeared to that level. I mean you figure that was less than 100 years after the American Revolution. You figure had people tried to take guns away then, they would have ignited a 2nd civil war. And the nation was probably healing from the war they'd just fought. I imagine that nobody would have thought about that being a possibility, at least in their time. Maybe it's time to redo the charter if possible.

The consequences of supporting Trump in 2016 are now coming back to haunt the NRA. This is just another hit job for political retaliation for not being anti-American Values like the Gov. Cuomo or any other commie....eerrr....Democrat party leader.

JMHO....

edited for a sudden idea....

Would it be a quick fix to have some individuals in say....Montana or Missouri 'buy' the NRA for $100.00 and move the whole lock, stock and barrel to a free state with a new State Registration and State Charter? And then tell new york to stuff it deeply and violently into their oubliette? On camera?

Given how litigious our culture is, whatever facts may lie behind the NY AG's allegations also are likely to provide the basis for NRA members to sue for being defrauded.

After all, if LaPierre and others in fact converted NRA funds to personal use in the manner alleged, the dues of many sincere 2A supporters were essentially stolen -- or most charitably, dramatically misdirected and misused. A cascade of such lawsuits -- or a properly framed class action -- could cripple the NRA permanently, to the tremendous detriment of all of us.

Also, I wouldn't want to be an NRA Board member right now, since it seems to me they do bear some responsibility here.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

This makes no sense. Instead of going after the corrupt individuals, they want to disband the whole organisation. Just goes to show that their goal is nothing more than politically motivated. If they were truly going after the corruption, they wouldn't seek to disband it. Can't fix stupid!

It is a way to force NRA to clean house, reform and fix the systemic issues that has resulted in it arriving to a place where the elite at the top are enriching themselves off of the members instead of doing what they were chartered to do.

*IF* the case is successful and the NRA goes away, it will be immediately if not sooner, reincarnated into NRAv2.0

My $.02

The language being used is confusing the issue. They aren't trying to "disband" the NRA, but to DISSOLVE the not-for-profit corporation. Why on earth the idiots didn't reincorporate in another state after NY put the writing on the wall by illegalizing CC insurance is beyond comprehension. The NRA's MEMBERS' purpose is legally non-profit in promoting the 2A, sporting/youth firearm programs, etc. Certain OFFICERS of the corporation perverted that purpose by theft. That doesn't mean the NRA doesn't exist for its stated not-for-profit purpose; it means that the organization and its members were ROBBED by LaPierre and his cronies and, as others have said, the proper legal recourse was to bring criminal charges against them.

This is so blatantly political that anyone could see it. Can you imagine what would happen if the Trump Administration moved to dismantle Planned Parenthood based on their (actual) theft of PPP funds less than 90 days prior to the presidential election? The Democrat Party, the "mainstream" media and much of academia are nothing but lying, conniving criminal enterprises treacherously conspiring to subvert the U.S. Government, Constitution and People. What ever happened to the concept of treason??? (Let alone conversion of public funds for a personal political use.)

The sooner the better. Wayne and crew have been screwing members for decades, abetted by a self dealing and incompetent board. Lousy governance.

Hopefully they will be forced to pay restitution to the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Grandstanding at its best. Going after Wayne because he is over paid? If the AG was really looking for fraud as in "Over Compensation" maybe she should look at other non-profits for their leader's compensation. Wayne gets 2.2 million per year, not even in the same ball park with the BIG fish.

Banner Health Peter S Fine President & CEO $21,629,920 + $3,919,724
Imanco Inc J Knox Singleton CEO, President $13,655,282 + $1,945,495
Ascension Health Alliance Anthony R Tersigni Ex-Officio/President & CEO $13,200,960 + $48,801
Multiple Organizations Kenneth Davis Chief Executive Officer $12,390,588 + $67,326
Carilion Services Inc Nancy Howell Agee Director/President/CEO $11,987,536 + $205,141
Dignity Health Lloyd H Dean President/CEO $11,927,529 + $1,489,954
Money Management International Inc Ivan L Hand President $11,873,017 + $1,522,626
Delta Dental Plan of Michigan Laura L Czelada CEO, President $11,593,754 + $3,521,854
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc Bernard Tyson Chairman & CEO $10,709,503 + $5,373,250
Aurora Health Care Inc Nick Turkal CEO, Ex Officio Director $10,663,333 + $766,389

Just Grandstanding at its best. Going after Wayne because he is over paid? If the AG was really looking for fraud as in "Over Compensation" maybe she should look at other non-profits for their leader's compensation. Wayne gets 2.2 million per year, not even in the same ball park with the BIG fish.

I do not think that she is claiming overcompensation, but that they used association funds that were allocated for the non-profit purposes of the company for their personal use.

For a simple example: The cost of their vacation travel and lodging would have to come out of their own pockets, not from money allocated for lobbying or building maintenance.

Now, whether her claim has merit is another matter.

I do not think that she is claiming overcompensation, but that they used association funds that were allocated for the non-profit purposes of the company for their personal use.

For a simple example: The cost of their vacation travel and lodging would have to come out of their own pockets, not from money allocated for lobbying or building maintenance.

Now, whether her claim has merit is another matter.

Notice that all the other top non-profit officers I listed also included extra $ in perks. Vacation travel, clothing expenses, country club memberships, housing, stock options, tuition reimbursement, vehicles ...... can all be added perks.

She is just trying to sound tough against the big bad NRA. Unfortunately a lot of pro gun people are swallowing the crap about Wayne being Over Compensated and misusing NRA funds. She has not found anything illegal, she is INVESTIGATING, just like I want to Investigate her to see if she is politically motivated on this.

Archived