Invalid Certificate

Scott1453

This is my first post. Bear with me. Its a long one. Just looking for advice.

Ok. Here is the story. Back in June of 2019, myself and several others took a 16 hour conceal carry class in the hopes of starting a security team at our church so that we would no longer be a soft target. The instructor issues ya our certificates and 4 of us immediately submitted our applications. Unbeknownst to us, the instructor had issued us old (invalid) certificates. He then gave us all the new certificate, but we had to wait until we were rejected by the state to resubmit. We were all rejected in September and immediately resubmitted with the new certificates. Just this past week the other three were issued their CCLs while I was again, rejected for an invalid certificate. Keep in mind that I submitted the exact certificate that they all did. So here are my questions.

1. What the heck do I do?

2. When will the state finally just tell me, its been several submissions, you dont get a CCL?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Scott Elbert

Yes I did sign it. All the instructor info is correct. Not sure what you mean by “check marked on the certificate”. I didn’t see anything.

Did you have any prior training credit?

Shouldn't matter if they all took a 16 hour class.

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever was reviewing your app they quickly noticed you were previously rejected due to the form. They glanced at the new one and assumed it to still be the old one. That is more or less what happened to me. The few people hired to manage the reviews need help in a major way.

Yes I did sign it. All the instructor info is correct. Not sure what you mean by “check marked on the certificate”. I didn’t see anything.

I don't have mine on hand this second. But there should be a spot where the instructor checked a box and wrote in that they provided 16 hours of training and all his info. Calling out curriculum number, etc.

I have my firearms folder out on the desk...

Check these things... instructor name printed, applicant name written, date written, box checked, 16 hours written, curriculum in red

instructor id in red, business name printed, instructor signed, applicant signed.

Mine was ISP 2-640 (12/13)

All of those things are done on my certificate.

• 2 months later...

I was not able to find the Curriculum that should be on the 3-hour renewal cert. I received a letter stating that my "“Submitted Training Certificate is invalid". The Curriculum ID # on the certificate I was given id CCC 16A0026. I don't know what would be wrong. TIA

I was not able to find the Curriculum that should be on the 3-hour renewal cert. I received a letter stating that my "“Submitted Training Certificate is invalid". The Curriculum ID # on the certificate I was given id CCC 16A0026. I don't know what would be wrong. TIA

Make sure the certificate is the most recent version. If in doubt, send a scan/photo of it to me at VRowe@IllinoisCarry.com. and I'll take a look. There was a problem a few years back with the new template for the certificates not showing all the digits. It's possible the curriculum number and/or instructor number is missing some digits. Check with your instructor to verify the numbers on your certificate, if digits are missing, write them in and resubmit the certificate.

Archived