• 88 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

https://www.pjstar.c...-doctors-office

#2 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

Anyone care to tell me how he was in violation of the Concealed Carry Act if the firearm wasn't in view of the public?

Not to mention how he'll be convicted of disorderly conduct for something he didn't physically and voluntarily do, and he had no intention of doing? If there is no intent....

"According to police, the man possessed valid state firearm owners identification and concealed-carry cards. He was cited for disorderly conduct and violation of the concealed-carry act.

The Illinois State Police are expected to review the man’s FOID eligibility, the report stated."

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

#3 Marie

Lizzie's Bennet's alter ego

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Anyone care to tell me how he was in violation of the Concealed Carry Act if the firearm wasn't in view of the public?

Not to mention how he'll be convicted of disorderly conduct for something he didn't physically and voluntarily do, and he had no intention of doing? If there is no intent....

"According to police, the man possessed valid state firearm owners identification and concealed-carry cards. He was cited for disorderly conduct and violation of the concealed-carry act.

The Illinois State Police are expected to review the man’s FOID eligibility, the report stated."

Doctor's office was part of a hospital complex. Any dr offices that are affiliated with a hospital are off limits, if I remember correctly.

Great Lakes: Unsalted and Shark Free!

#4 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Doctor's office was part of a hospital complex. Any dr offices that are affiliated with a hospital are off limits, if I remember correctly.

The Illinois Lung & Critical Care Institute may be owned by OSF HealthCare but it's not in the same location as the hospital. It's over a half mile away and in a separate building altogether.

Still, I see no intent.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

#5 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

The Illinois Lung & Critical Care Institute may be owned by OSF HealthCare but it's not in the same location as the hospital. It's over a half mile away and in a separate building altogether.
Still, I see no intent.

Doesn't matter if it's a mile away or 100 miles away. If it's a hospital affiliate, it's prohibited.

The question to ask is whether or not it was posted, as required.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#6 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

. 31250d71d69c5754721851939055c032.jpg
Have all boated who fish?

#7 cope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:13 AM

Seems pretty cut and dry. He carried in a posted area and had a negligent discharge. He should face the charges. It's the risk taken.

Not saying I have not taken that risk, but we must be prepared to face the penalty. That is why its a risk.

On an off main topic, this is why derringers are silly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users