Super bull****

Big homie

Have not ever been convicted of a single crime, but have been arrested for bull**** quite a few times . Tried to apply in 2013 I was denied due to the fact that earlier that year I got caught with a Nickle bag of weed. Fast forward 4 yrs gotten expungement entire background erased . Reapplied and was denied again. I was told To appeal did so and havent heard anything back . How does this crap works?

If your record was EXPUNGED you should be totally fine. But keep in mind that an expungement doesn't fully clear you for 6months after the judge issues the Order. I would go to your County Clerks Criminal Records Division and get a Copy of your Criminal Background Report. It should say "No Records Found" if so then your fine. There would be no grounds for denial, Illinois is a Shall issue State. Wait it out at this point you really have no other Choice. Worst case scenario you'll have to Appeal in Circuit Court but you would certainly Win. Keep one thing in mind just in case you end up in Court. You must present in writing any and every argument that you intend to present in court as evidence to the Conceal Carry Review Board FIRST in order for it to become admissible in court. I cannot stress that point enough. Good Luck.

Have not ever been convicted of a single crime, but have been arrested for bull**** quite a few times . Tried to apply in 2013 I was denied due to the fact that earlier that year I got caught with a Nickle bag of weed. Fast forward 4 yrs gotten expungement entire background erased . Reapplied and was denied again. I was told To appeal did so and havent heard anything back . How does this crap works?

What was the reason given for the second denial? CCL appeals with the ISP can take anywhere from a few months to a year or more.

• 4 weeks later...

Talo19 went through the same thing was issued a FOID card in March 2017 bought a shotgun from GAT GUNS 2nd night lady calls saying my transaction was denied call ISP next morning give my info explain came back as a felony conviction - PAY ATTENTION NOW as I'm the phone I tell you guys are wrong my records are seal & expundge have all my paperwork in my hands sign by the judge & clerk's office I'm cleared -- now I tell ISP how you guys issue me a FOID card and don't except me to buy home protection you guys are stupid gets better - received the letter in mail saying my FOID card has been revoked next day 7 detectives show up at my house asking for me to surrender all my firearms (9) total that was like a bad break up now I'm furious in 1000 gear - next day call ISP I got an angle on the phone explain to her my situation told her I was clear she check her computer came back that I'm cleared reinstated my FOID card and I was not a felony she called the officer who came and took my guns told him she was reinstated my FOID card and I was clear and that I could go get my guns back I did took 1 week to get this clear ----- NOW APPLY FOR CCL CAME BACK WITH AN OBJECTION and ya I live CROOK COUNTY - good luck brother ---

Not sure what I'd do if 7 detectives showed up at my house to "collect" my guns.

I probably wouldn't give them up. I'd gladly give them to a family member, but not to the government. That's just crazy.

when they show up at your door to collect your firearms you have no choice but to surrender your firearms,you,r next move should be to have a trusted friend with a foid card go with you to the police agency that has your firearms and have that police agency give your firearms to your foid carrying friend for safe keeping.if the police agency that took your firearms did their job correctly they also took your ammunition,that should also be retrieved by your foid carrying buddy.this happened to me and this is what i did so the kendall county sheriff,s police would not LOOSE my firearms.

BigGun 1 your right found that out afterwards that a family member or friend with a FIOD card could've went and got my guns sons baseball coach is a Sergeant for 25th district told him what happen and told me I've could've have someone with a FOID card retrieve my guns I was in shock they showed up to my house - police never told me that - by the time I've seen my son baseball coach had called ISP SPOKE to a lady that was an ANGEL she reinstated my FOID card because I was clear in her computer and went to LAKE and FILMORE to retrieve my guns got lucky POLICE never ask for ammo they were in shock that I have all my paperwork in my hands saying I was clear in the ISP & CPD computer's show it to them they were like What the hey!!! - but still when I went to GAT GUNS to make a purchase something pop up just like now apply for CCL an objection pop up I will say through everyone that I came into contact with through my ordeal with the detectives showing up at my house people I spoke to on the phone everyone was super nice no bad attitude at all . SHOCKER FOR COOK COUNTY. waiting game now - don't really understand if I'm clear and records are seal and expunged - objection pop up

BigGun 1 your right found that out afterwards that a family member or friend with a FIOD card could've went and got my guns sons baseball coach is a Sergeant for 25th district told him what happen and told me I've could've have someone with a FOID card retrieve my guns I was in shock they showed up to my house - police never told me that - by the time I've seen my son baseball coach had called ISP SPOKE to a lady that was an ANGEL she reinstated my FOID card because I was clear in her computer and went to LAKE and FILMORE to retrieve my guns got lucky POLICE never ask for ammo they were in shock that I have all my paperwork in my hands saying I was clear in the ISP & CPD computer's show it to them they were like What the hey!!! - but still when I went to GAT GUNS to make a purchase something pop up just like now apply for CCL an objection pop up I will say through everyone that I came into contact with through my ordeal with the detectives showing up at my house people I spoke to on the phone everyone was super nice no bad attitude at all . SHOCKER FOR COOK COUNTY. waiting game now - don't really understand if I'm clear and records are seal and expunged - objection pop up

Punctuation would make this easier to read.

Not sure what I'd do if 7 detectives showed up at my house to "collect" my guns.

I probably wouldn't give them up. I'd gladly give them to a family member, but not to the government. That's just crazy.

when they show up at your door to collect your firearms you have no choice but to surrender your firearms,you,r next move should be to have a trusted friend with a foid card go with you to the police agency that has your firearms and have that police agency give your firearms to your foid carrying friend for safe keeping.if the police agency that took your firearms did their job correctly they also took your ammunition,that should also be retrieved by your foid carrying buddy.this happened to me and this is what i did so the kendall county sheriff,s police would not LOOSE my firearms.

Can the cops take your wife's guns (if she has a FOID)? I would think not. Guns are communal property by marriage (if the spouse has a FOID) so why wouldn't they leave the guns under the control of your spouse? Also, how would they even know what if anything you own?

Lose your firearms?! And how often does THAT happen?! I believe I would spend every penny I have on lawyers if that happened to me!

if you are prohibited from owning firearms, they can not be no where in your home, no firearms at all doesn't matter if they belong to your wife ,don't matter if they are in her name,you are prohibited from owning firearms or being around them - wife could get in trouble for straw possession of a firearm , knowing that her spouse can't legally own or possess a firearm both of you's will get in trouble . ^^^^^^ BigJim they new I bought my firearms in the mid 90's early 2000;s from - JR. SPORTING GOODS in Naperville, Ill. now they are located in Aurora, Ill. don't known how but they did

Lose your firearms?! And how often does THAT happen?! I believe I would spend every penny I have on lawyers if that happened to me!

how often does that happen,i don,t know but i do not trust the kendall co sheriff police so i felt the need to get my firearms out of their control.

if you are prohibited from owning firearms, they can not be no where in your home, no firearms at all doesn't matter if they belong to your wife ,don't matter if they are in her name,you are prohibited from owning firearms or being around them - wife could get in trouble for straw possession of a firearm , knowing that her spouse can't legally own or possess a firearm both of you's will get in trouble . ^^^^^^ BigJim they new I bought my firearms in the mid 90's early 2000;s from - JR. SPORTING GOODS in Naperville, Ill. now they are located in Aurora, Ill. don't known how but they did

Wrong, they can be in the house as long as they are not under the control of the prohibited person. You can sit next to them with multiple firearms openly carried on your person if that floats your boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My understanding is that if you are a prohibited person and your spouse is not, your spouse can own/possess the firearms but they need to be under the sole control of the spouse, such as locked in a safe or room where the spouse has the key/combination and the prohibited person does not.

So basically you can still have full access to them since the cops will never be able to prove you know the combination to the safe. Even the spare key to the safe could be stored someplace that you know about and the cops would not be able to prove you know of the location.

BigJim they new I bought my firearms in the mid 90's early 2000;s from - JR. SPORTING GOODS in Naperville, Ill. now they are located in Aurora, Ill. don't known how but they did

FTIP system records are never purged. If you bought them from a dealer the state knows how many handgun and long guns you've purchased and probably have in your possession. They don't know the make, model, serial numbers without going to the dealer(s) and looking up the 4473's.

lockman sorry buddy but your wrong if you are prohibited from firearms they can not be no were near you at all - do the homework yourself call any gun range ,store tell them that you are prohibited from owning firearms but can I still have them in my house under my wife's name - someone your right ^^^^ above post

Family members and others living in a household cannot be deprived of their Second Amendment rights just because there is a prohibited person in the home. However, they have to insure the prohibited person cannot gain access to the firearms. To be lax and allow access could have legal repercussions for both the prohibited individual and the firearm owner.

lockman sorry buddy but your wrong if you are prohibited from firearms they can not be no were near you at all - do the homework yourself call any gun range ,store tell them that you are prohibited from owning firearms but can I still have them in my house under my wife's name - someone your right ^^^^ above post

I don't trust many gun store employees to accurately describe the products in the cases in front of me. Why would you ever trust them on knowing the law?

Archived