Trump Nominee Out

mauserme

Good riddance to a man who forgot his oath.

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-sidelined-for-calling-semiautomatics-insane-20171221-story.html

Op-Ed: Speaking My Mind On Guns Torpedoed My Appointment

By DEAN L. WINSLOW

December 21, 2017, 12:45 PM

Last week, I withdrew my name from consideration to be assistant secretary of defense for health affairs. My appointment had been put on indefinite hold by the Senate Armed Services Committee, and I felt the Defense Department needed to fill the position without undue delay.

Unfortunately, I do not possess one credential the committee wanted to see: I do not support ... ownership of semiautomatic assault weapons by civilians.

At my hearing..., I was asked by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., about the military discharge status of the (Sutherland Springs, TX) shooter. I acknowledged that the Air Force dropped the ball and recommended an inspector general's investigation focusing on systems failures that contributed to the tragedy.

Then, I blurted out what was in my heart: "I'd also like to ... just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semiautomatic weapon like an AR-15." Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., interrupted, warning this was not in my "area of responsibility or expertise." Soon after, my confirmation was put on hold.

Nevertheless, I have no regrets. Having semiautomatic weapons makes no sense.

Buh bye and good riddance to you sir. Thank you for your service to our country but we don’t need anti 2A folks in the DOD or anywhere else in government. Especially when they get appointed (mistakenly?) by POTUS Trump.

But please feel free to join Gabby Giffords and her ex-astronaut hubby (with their two guns locked in their safe at home) and continue to try and take away our God given rights.

Would've been better off sticking to medicine and addressing the reported 250,000 medical error deaths each year: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors

2014:

Heart Disease: 600,000

Cancer: 600,000

Medical Errors: 250,000

Respiratory Disease: 150,000

His error is our gain, I guess.

Archived