Renewal Extensions

John Q Public

I hope they do something soon... you can't expire if they are preventing you from take the class.

Who are "they" that is preventing me from teaching a small renewal class if I want to? I was in Missouri once, you will have to show me.

Edit to add: I agree there should be an extension.

Most but not all, myself included in the past, don’t want to teach a class unless it’s full basis the $$$ that can be made!

Hence my earlier post about IF the instructors wish they can bend and adjust the rules to help the expires out.

Open that garage door and get two by two, like the arc!

I hope they do something soon... you can't expire if they are preventing you from take the class.

Who are "they" that is preventing me from teaching a small renewal class if I want to? I was in Missouri once, you will have to show me.

Edit to add: I agree there should be an extension.

Most but not all, myself included in the past, don’t want to teach a class unless it’s full basis the $$$ that can be made!

Hence my earlier post about IF the instructors wish they can bend and adjust the rules to help the expires out.

Open that garage door and get two by two, like the arc!

I have never based a CCL class on $$$ nor do I "bend and adjust the rules". I do like to recover expenses. I am a member of a down state gun club and firm believer in personal protection. I have held classes for club members for as little as ONE person. i have no desire (at this time) to teach a full 16 hour class due to the need for contact. However, if I have a request from a member for renewal,

I WILL "Open that garage door and get two by two, like the arc!"

Teaching firearms is my income, so I charge for it and make money. Those of you who have other jobs and do it on the side can talk doing 1-2 and not making money fine, but I feed my family and pay my bills with classes, so 1-2 or just breaking even won't cut it. I do a lot of other things, like help friends with car repairs etc, and I charge them nothing, or perhaps tell them to bring the beer. :)

Anyway, please don't look down your nose at those of us who do this for a living like we are mercenary, or something.

Neither do I want to get into a debate about if doing classes is legal or not. The bottom line is it's not an essential business therefore you are not supposed to be working. If one of my elder students got sick from attending class and died, I'd have to live with it. I care about my students and people in general, so I will not being doing classes until the risk goes down. You want to roll the dice, go ahead, but I'll follow my conscience and not take the chance of being someones point of exposure.

JQ

Anyway, please don't look down your nose at those of us who do this for a living like we are mercenary, or something.

JQ

JQ, I hope you didn't take me wrong, I applaud Instructors with the drive to make a living teaching firearm skills. I am an old retired fart and fortunate that I don't have to rely on class income to feed the family. I am glad I have something worthwhile to do. Right now I am avoiding as much human contact as possible. I have cancelled all my classes thru the middle of May. IF I have a club member or 2 with an emergency because they waited until the last minute, I can work out a way to avoid any contact and still get them re-certified. I wont like it but......

My hat is off to anyone that can earn a living teaching firearm skills.

BTW, I charge the prevailing rate and plow the $$$ back into quality training equipment.

Looks like the ISRA, is going to file a class action with regards to processing times. They have been in contact with some of my students and I know of at least one has already agreed to join.

Molly, is there any news, are we pushing over extensions, I've called and emailed my people, perhaps we need to put out a call to action on renewals?

JQ

From the ISRA bulletin today.

“The Illinois State Police (ISP) is aware of concerns being expressed during this pandemic related to FOID and CCL expirations. ISP reminds FOID and CCL holders that their cards will remain valid during the renewal process once a renewal application is submitted. ISP is continuing to seek a legal remedy to address expirations during this time.”

So who can contact ISRA and ask why FOIDS are showing denied in the transfer site?

If they remain active wouldn't they be active for the LGS or F2F?

Several people are reporting g today they are denied....

I have. ISP is checking into this. It has something to do with the programming on private transfer page. They have generally taken the stance that the FOID remains valid during the renewal process and are trying to find out why these are showing as "transfer denied".

So who can contact ISRA and ask why FOIDS are showing denied in the transfer site?

If they remain active wouldn't they be active for the LGS or F2F?

Several people are reporting g today they are denied....

I have. ISP is checking into this. It has something to do with the programming on private transfer page. They have generally taken the stance that the FOID remains valid during the renewal process and are trying to find out why these are showing as "transfer denied".

..."ISP is continuing to seek a legal remedy to address expirations during this time.”...

What are they looking for? Dont they already have a legal remedy? Renewals pre expired are valid. 60 business days to renew. Dont recall anything in bill that says it expires if that 60 days is not met.

Comon ISP, get it together and get it done, I think since JB said firearms are essential, then perhaps he could just do an EO? Either that or get JCARs or whatever to extend all expiring permits for 60 days. It's not hard, but like most stuff related to firearms it will probably take a lawsuit, after the fact, to get anything done.

I’m gone from the State as of the end of the month. I’ll be happy to sell my FOID and CCL. It will be a shorter time period for you to change your identity, and get cosmetic surgery to match my physical characteristics. The way this State is, they’d never know the difference. My father moved 4 years ago, and his FOID & CCL are still listed as active, and he does have a TN DL.

I could use some good advice.... perhaps I missed something here... it looks to me like the ispfsb.com website is down... My FOID card expires in about 60 days and I have not been able to apply for renewal due to the problem with the state, country and month entries on the address page of the form. Do I just hope they get the website fixed before my FOID expires?

I could use some good advice.... perhaps I missed something here... it looks to me like the ispfsb.com website is down... My FOID card expires in about 60 days and I have not been able to apply for renewal due to the problem with the state, country and month entries on the address page of the form. Do I just hope they get the website fixed before my FOID expires?

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74688&st=0&p=1258785

Archived