Bill requiring $1 million Firearm Insurance for Illinois

TriumphRider

Yes, after they charge you criminally for lawfully defending yourself, you are presumed guilty and pressured to take a plea deal, unless you have sufficient assets to lose on payingfor a private attorney, meaning, the Hobson's choice between financial ruin or wrongful imprisonment. Meanwhile, actual criminals have their gun charges dropped, walk on a recognizance bond and get a public defender paid for by you. Lenient D judges then give them a right cross verbal thrashing before their light sentence, of which they'll only serve a third.

Here's the bill:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=HB&DocNum=5170&GAID=15&SessionID=108&LegID=125571

Note in the first three lines of the bill's synopsis the complete disdain for the American ideal of innocent until proven guilty.

USCCA will have to sell the legal defense as an optional prepaid legal defense similar to prepaid legal with cheaper rates for insurance only.

Or do what CCW Safe does, become a Legal Service Membership Plan/COOP, with what amounts to yearly retainer fees.

I recently purchased the CCW Ultimate plan. I looked at USCCA but went with CCW just for the reason stated above. The one thing I really liked is that there is no out of pocket money needed with CCW's Ultimate.

I'm not a mod so I'll just say this while trying to stay in my lane...don't panic. There's a fundamental problem with this bill that also exisits in every previous version of it. Right now is not the time to worry about it as it's unlikely to move anywhere in present form.

Sorry to disagree with you but we need to gather our resources to oppose this bill in whatever form it comes out of committee. We need to head off the "stampede" as quickly as possible.

On a postitive note all these silly infringments when passed provide a new avenue to the SCOTUS to have the 2nd finally declared a 1st class right like every other enumerated right in the Constitution!

I think you are putting to much Faith in the SCOTUS . Until RBG and roberts (remember he ruled the unaffordable care act was constitutional} are replaced the odds are against us

.sotomayor, kagan (should have recused her selfyet she did not on the unaffordable care act).

Still don't think you need to be at IGOLD April 1st in Springfield??? We need every body available. Take the day off now.

I'd like to see a mass of humanity marching up the street toward the Capitol building. Like the Children of Israel crossing through the Red Sea.

This is a losing proposition, even using grabber standards. The most "affordable" plan I found was $300 and that's PER year, so the total cost for a FOID, not including other costs (under SB 1966) that would be $1500 - not to carry, but to merely "possess" a firearm under the FOID Act. The sponsor for this bill is dumb, but perhaps that is the straw that needs to break the camels back in order to void the FOID.

Archived