Photo

ATF to Review Bump Stocks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,454 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

And so t begins:

https://www.ammoland.../#axzz51x8z398n

Application for Definition of Machinegun to Bump Fire Stocks and Similar Device

Ammoland Inc. Posted on December 21, 2017 by AmmoLand Editor Duncan Johnson

U.S.A. -(Ammoland.com)- The following unpublished document was posted in the Federal Register, December 21, 2017, Document Number 2017-27717 for Public Inspection as a Proposed Rule:

Summary: The Department of Justice anticipates issuing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) that would interpret the statutory definition of machinegun in the National Firearms Act of 1934 and Gun Control Act of 1968 to clarify whether certain devices, commonly known as bump fire stocks, fall within that definition. Before doing so, the Department and ATF need to gather information and comments from the public and industry regarding the nature and scope of the market for these devices.

Dates: Written comments must be postmarked and electronic comments must be submitted on or before 30 DAYS AFTER PUBLICATION IN THE FEDERAL REGISTER. Commenters should be aware that the electronic Federal Docket Management System will not accept comments after Midnight Eastern Standard Time on the last day of the comment period.

Addresses: You may submit comments, identified by docket number (2017R-22), by any of the following methods:

Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov

Fax: (202) 648-9741

Mail:

Vivian Chu

Mailstop 6N-518

Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

99 New York Ave. NE

Washington D.C. 20226

ATTN: 2017R-22

For Further Information Contact: If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any other additional information, please contact:

Vivian Chu

Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs Services

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

U.S. Department of Justice

99 New York Ave, NE

Washington D.C. 20226

Telephone: (202) 648-7070

See addtional information at link.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 chicagoresident

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. All I can think is the Akin Accelerator case where they reruled.

https://www.usconcea...ns-accelerator/

The one part I can see them making a ruling on is any moving part on a gun that contacts your finger.

This was a pretty important decision despite the stupidity of the device.
http://www.guns.com/...ull-auto-video/

The ATF ruled that even if it was your finger pulling the trigger if some other mechanical device was moving your finger on the trigger its a machine gun.

So what would be the difference between recoil and an electric motor moving your finger?

Again, this gray area highlights the stupidity of outlawing full auto. Just let people pay the $200 and let them have their fun. Classify these stupid bump stocks as machine guns and open up the registry again. The Hughes Ammendment was such a swarmy sneaky thing, why can't it get repealed under the same circumstances.

I would love to see the ATF reinterpret the Hughes Ammendment, reruled bumpfire stocks as machine guns, but give a 1 year grace period where you could pay $200 and register whatever as a machine gun. From shoe strings to auto sears.

Edited by chicagoresident, 21 December 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#3 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Watch the Bloomberg bots take action.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#4 tchostler

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

just make it illegal to fire more than one shot in a 30 sec period. that covers all devices including your finger. 

#5 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

just make it illegal to fire more than one shot in a 30 sec period. that covers all devices including your finger.

Cost of construction just went up.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#6 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:45 AM

They're already "banned" in a certain place (Columbia) in SC:

https://www.voanews....ks/4171254.html

I feel REALLY bad for the SUBJECTS of that town!

Edited by BShawn, 23 December 2017 - 12:48 AM.

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Need people to post comments. They have to read and process everyone of them.

https://www.regulati...FRDOC_0001-0035

Do not copy and paste or use predefined forms, they will filter comments that are nearly identical.

Include responses to the questions that pertain to you.

Include how bump stocks do not meet the definition of machinegun as defined in 5845( b ), violation of 5th amendment for loss of property without "just compensation".

The hope is the more comments they receive the longer they will be delayed.

Edited by kevinmcc, 31 December 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users