Missing CCW

My friend at work renewed his CCW and it went "active" on Feb 26, 2019 and he still haven't received it. Does he have any recourse other than paying the 75.00 for a Lost/Stolen card?

I also just renewed mine and it went "active" on Friday (3-22-19) and I received it on Wednesday (3-27-19)

From what I'm reading online 3-7 days seems to be the "norm" in Illinois

I have sent her a PM, just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Yes,Myers they did.

Your FRIEND whom didnt register here to complain.

Please brings these friends along for additional support and posssible assistance!

The was a post here that the card if mailed can take up to 30 days before its considered lost/missing.

This doesnt mean that many get their cards in a 5 - 7 day window.

Good luck and of course when you get a chance be sure to call the ISP

Is there a way to turn off spiel cheek ? Tired of making changes! 🤬

Yes,Myers they did.

Please brings these friends along for additional support and posssible assistance!

The was a post here that the card if mailed can take up to 30 days before its considered lost/missing.

This doesnt mean that many get their cards in a 5 - 7 day window.

Good luck and of course when you get a chance be sure to call the ISP

Yes,Myers they did.

This doesnt mean that many get their cards in a 5 - 7 day window.Good luck and of course when you get a chance be sure to call the ISP

He did join his name is Shaker16. Anyway this is my first renewal ( second time getting my card and I have 9 friends including Shaker 16 that after the FIRST time we all got them within a few days of them going active. Now this time around 8 of the same 9 got their card again within 5 days of it going active on the ISP website. Since been over 30 days since he went active I would suspect there is a issue. I also read somewhere that Please allow 7 business days from the time of the card goes active. Im just trying to help the guy out. He kinda technically challenged.

He has tried calling 4 times already and only gets VM or the automated service hangs up on him.

Thanks !!!!!

Just a thought. There's a few of us who had our FOID cards updated to the new style with renewal of our FCCL. The FCCL shipped and arrived within a week or so of going active, but the updated FOID didn't arrive until a month later. I think it's a byproduct of the batch processing.

Just a thought. There's a few of us who had our FOID cards updated to the new style with renewal of our FCCL. The FCCL shipped and arrived within a week or so of going active, but the updated FOID didn't arrive until a month later. I think it's a byproduct of the batch processing.

I am also one of those. I received my CCW on Wed and my new FOID yesterday ( Thursday )

Same for me. Updated FOID received a month after receiving CCL. Both were received near month's end. I wonder if they only mail at month's end, or batch mailing as mentioned.

I am the friend in question here. One big problem is that I cannot reach anyone at the Illinois State police department. Second I’m not sure when I should just call it lost or stolen. That would really suck because I paid for it and never received it. Even more importantly is knowing if my account will change from active once I report it stolen. Thanks for everyone’s advice!

There is an email address for the CCL somewhere on this board. I can't find it at the moment. I would try emailing them and tell them you never received it. Also i would contact MollyB on here as perhaps she may be able to help you with what to do.

Illinois State Police

Firearms Services Bureau

801 South 7th Street

Suite 400 – M

Springfield, Illinois 62703

Telephone: 217-782-7980

Fax: 217-782-9139

ASK_FOID@isp.state.il.us

ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying for 6 months to get my card. I was activated in Dec 2018. I've emailed and trying calling the 217-782-7980 number at all different times. I never received my initial card and can't get anyone on the phone or to respond to an email. Anyone know a way around this? I'm new on here so I don't know MollyB or how to contact her. I can't believe this is as difficult as it has turned out to be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have been trying for 6 months to get my card. I was activated in Dec 2018. I've emailed and trying calling the 217-782-7980 number at all different times. I never received my initial card and can't get anyone on the phone or to respond to an email. Anyone know a way around this? I'm new on here so I don't know MollyB or how to contact her. I can't believe this is as difficult as it has turned out to be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(1) PM MollyB - Send a msg option

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showuser=195

(2) Contact your state Rep or Sen

Archived