People's Alternative to Obamacare

GTX63

If things were to collapse than bartering services such as pest control with firearms in exchange for other services such as medical attention could take the place of cash for services. The US dollar is backed by the full faith and credit of the US government so as long as the government is not crushed under it's own weight the dollar will still have value but if it is crushed under it's own weight than the US dollar will have the value of toiled paper.

apparently Obama has decided that he can violate the law and "allow" people to keep their existing plans despite the clear mandate of the law that they be terminated at the end of the year.

however, now that millions of Americans plans have been terminated, just how do the insurance companies go about unterminating them in the 6 weeks we have left till the end of the year.

however, now that millions of Americans plans have been terminated, just how do the insurance companies go about unterminating them in the 6 weeks we have left till the end of the year.

They don't, he simply 'asked' them to violate the mandate, it's a worthless (and likely illegal) gesture to get media headlines...

I hope that no insurance company (or person) willfully violates the law just because a dolt 'asked' them to, no matter what his name tag says...

I've worked in the insurance industry. The amount of planning and preparation it would take for an insurance company to reinstate the 2013/2012 polices would very likely preclude them from being available in 2014. If the law was changed to allow them (that is, allow policies that don't have all of the features Obamacare currently requires), they would not be available until the enrollment period for 2015.

Thus, changing the law to "prevent" people from being terminated, and to "allow" them to "keep" the current plan is nothing more than lip service.

If the change the law to allow it, the insurance companies won't be ready (because of the due diligence required to ramp back up), and the administration will say they did everything they can and yet again blame the insurance companies.

And then they'll say we need single payer.

It already is, indirectly and partially, through things such as the medical device tax.

ACA also reduced the tax benefit of HSA's, by reducing the types of products for which tax-deferred HSA savings funds can be spent on.

IRS: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions

See sections "Health Flexible Spending Arrangements" and "Medical Device Excise Tax" both of which reduce the buying power of your tax-deferred savings, by adding taxes to the medical products you purchase, or that the hospital, insurance company, or doctor purchases for you.

they already reduced the amount of money that can be spent tax free in so called flex plans to pay deductible costs, copays, and other uncovered expenses.

one has to wonder where all this extra money is going to.

the way it works now people with no insurance have de facto coverage anyway. they just show up at an ER and get treated and the hospitals write it off, so in effect it gets paid by people who have privately covered health care. None of the government sponsored plans pay the actual cost of services anyway - the reimbursement rate is well below the cost of service, so all government plans are subsidized by private plans.

The whole thing is a nightmare waiting to implode on itself.

The amount of planning and preparation it would take for an insurance company to reinstate the 2013/2012 polices would very likely preclude them from being available in 2014.

And even if it was possible to have it available in 2014 it wouldn't be free. The cost to the industry to "un-do" this disaster would drive the cost up beyond the ability for folks who had those lower cost policies to once again pay for them.

Unlike the liberals, I don't think anything in life is free....

This entire disaster is without doubt the largest self-induced legislative debacle in the history of this country. This is what happens when voters give too much power to one party and the checks & balances of a multi-party system go in the trash can. "We have to pass it to find out what is in it"... The pinnacle of ignorance... Well, so far we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and it ain't lookin' too good for the Titanic right now...

The amount of planning and preparation it would take for an insurance company to reinstate the 2013/2012 polices would very likely preclude them from being available in 2014.

And even if it was possible to have it available in 2014 it wouldn't be free. The cost to the industry to "un-do" this disaster would drive the cost up beyond the ability for folks who had those lower cost policies to once again pay for them.

This entire disaster is without doubt the largest self-induced legislative debacle in the history of this country. This is what happens when voters give too much power to one party and the checks & balances of a multi-party system go in the trash can. "We have to pass it to find out what is in it"... The pinnacle of ignorance... Well, so far we've only seen the tip of the iceberg and it ain't lookin' too good for the Titanic right now...

this cannot be completely blamed on the dems. the reps had the opportunity to not fund obamacare and did it anyway. a pox on all their houses.

this cannot be completely blamed on the dems. the reps had the opportunity to not fund obamacare and did it anyway. a pox on all their houses.

I will readily agree that the Republicans are far from the perfect choice.... But, this is a creation of the Democratic Party and Obama, 100%, and as long as Reid is running the Senate, none of the House efforts to derail this train wreck was ever even discussed by the Senate.

Nope! This is 100% Obama, Pelosi (we have to pass it to se what's in it), and Reid, et al.

I just wish I could tell Obama to keep "his" healthcare... so I could keep mine.

Blue Cross Blue Shield official email, received today (emphasis mine)

President Obama announced yesterday that some individual policy members and small groups (2-50) may be allowed to remain with their current 2013 policy for an additional year. We are reviewing yesterday’s announcement and will determine next steps as we keep our members informed of their options both on and off the exchange. This may change the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that all non-grandfathered health plans must be compliant with certain benefit changes in 2014.

We will continue to work with federal and state agencies on how this approach will be implemented and will comply with any new requirements. Our primary goal remains maintaining access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We will continue to support solutions that ensure there are no disruptions in health insurance for our existing members. We will soon reach out to members who may have new options as a result of this announcement.

There you go. BCBSIL is pointing out that they were required to drop the plan. It was not grandfathered because it started after 2010. When the administration kept repeating over and over and over in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, that we could keep our plans, they knew they were lying.

Health insurance is pretty off topic from 2A. So what does this mean for 2A?

Think about how much deception has been put in play, and how they are trying to hide their intentions (you'll know whats in it when we pass it), and hide the consequences and costs (hidden taxes consumers don't see,

),

The founders were very wise to create a counterbalance to deceitful, power hungry governments.

This is where that pesky problem of "lack of real world experience" comes into play. Remember how everybody ignored those calls as rightwing rhetoric? Unfounded. Who cares?

Well, when somebody basically wins an American Idol popularity contest, twice, and is left to over see/implement things they know nothing about, and appoints people that not only know nothing but are often corrupt, what can you expect?

Since things have went bad with this, he thinks at the snap of a finger they can back up and change things. Even if it was legal its impossible to change anything that fast.

Im absolutely amazed at the lack of forethough that went into it all. You wouldve thought there wouldve been people working on it, predicting this several years ago. Its been rolled out like a big social/economic experiment.

Now its like the klaxxon is sounding and theyre slamming the big red button to lower the containment doors on this.....but the doors are jammed!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

It turns out that if you renew by Dec 15, you can get a plan that does not meet the Obamacare requirements. So the company I am working for is scrambling to renew everyone in the next 4 weeks. Otherwise a comparable Obamacare plan would need to be used at about 83% more.

The owner said that next time we will probably be forced into the exchanges as the company cannot afford the new plans. They would help financially at about the same level as they are now. My guess is that means my part of my health care insurance for just me and my wife will be costing me about $1000 a month.

My guess is that means my part of my health care insurance for just me and my wife will be costing me about $1000 a month.

Good God. What are you left with after taxes?

Thing is they made such a big deal how gas going up 20 cents/gal will hammer the economy. Whats healthcare costs doubling and tripling gonna do for expendable income? Dont hear anybody talking about this.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

It turns out that if you renew by Dec 15, you can get a plan that does not meet the Obamacare requirements. So the company I am working for is scrambling to renew everyone in the next 4 weeks. Otherwise a comparable Obamacare plan would need to be used at about 83% more.

The owner said that next time we will probably be forced into the exchanges as the company cannot afford the new plans. They would help financially at about the same level as they are now. My guess is that means my part of my health care insurance for just me and my wife will be costing me about $1000 a month.

If you buy from the exchanges, you might qualify for a subsidy.

Archived