Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Logan Square

Molly B.

Right to Carry Town Hall Meeting

Monday, Feb.20, 2012

7:00-9:00 pm

Logan Square Auditorium

2539 North Kedzie Blvd # 15

Chicago, IL 60647

We have been working for well over a year to arrange a Right to Carry town hall meeting in this area of the city.

It has finally come together and we will need a lot of help getting the word out about this meeting.

A flier will be available soon and we will need volunteers to help post them throughout the neighborhood and community!!

Good job! And I'm glad you found such a great location.

For those of you who haven't been there, it's literally steps from the Logan Square blue line stop. It couldn't be more convenient.

Or if you really want to drive, street parking is not horrible if you're willing to walk a few blocks from a residential sidestreet.

And we were told we could use the parking lot next door also!

Logan Square is in the 35th Ward. Alderman Rey Colon voted for the new Chicago Ordinance.

He feels the Supreme Court got it wrong on McDonald vs. Chicago.

My link

Ald. Rey Colon, 35th, whose brother was fatally shot in 1979, said the justices on the nation's top court don't understand the reality of the inner city.

"I understand the right to bear arms, but I also understand parents crying in their sleep," he said.

Ald. Rey Colon, 35th, whose brother was fatally shot in 1979, said the justices on the nation's top court don't understand the reality of the inner city.

Why is it that whenever a person has a family member fatally shot - they immediately become well-suited for a government position? I just can't see how they instantly become the most qualified person to represent the public. **sigh** I guess I just don't understand the reality of the inner city.

Logan Square is in the 35th Ward. Alderman Rey Colon voted for the new Chicago Ordinance.

My link

"I understand the right to bear arms, but I also understand parents crying in their sleep," he said.

My sympathy to Mr. Colon on the loss of his brother. 1979 was at the height of the some of the strongest gun laws in the nation. Well before most states had right to carry, after the enactment of the 1968 GCA. Three years after his brother's death, Chicago put their gun ban in place, to be in force for 28 years. If an out right ban didn't stem the tide of violence, how can anyone expect a registration scheme to have any effect??

What's that saying that attributed to lots of people? "Stupidity (or ignorance) is doing the very same thing and expecting a different outcome."

It looks like it's time to try something radically different re: Chicago and firearms.

Tim

Why is it that whenever a person has a family member fatally shot - they immediately become well-suited for a government position? I just can't see how they instantly become the most qualified person to represent the public. **sigh** I guess I just don't understand the reality of the inner city.

Probly was a case of mistaken Identity,

Colon was a Gang Banger

My link

Colon is a common name but if you Google "colon latin kings" it will show a lot of hits.

Are the fliers ready? What areas still need to be covered? I'm available to help and also the day of the meeting, for setup, door work, etc.....

Joe.

Wonderful!! Is it possible for you to be there about an hour early the day of the meeting?

We are waiting for the final translation of the flier, hopefully have it Monday/tomorrow and will post here

the second it is available.

Molly B.

Are the fliers ready? What areas still need to be covered? I'm available to help and also the day of the meeting, for setup, door work, etc.....

Joe.

Wonderful!! Is it possible for you to be there about an hour early the day of the meeting?

We are waiting for the final translation of the flier, hopefully have it Monday/tomorrow and will post here

the second it is available.

Molly B.

I'll be arriving at least one hour before the start, and I have a stack of "49 States Are not Wrong" that I'll bring. I guess there's about 150 flyers in the stack.

We hope to have a really good turn out. Lots of people and several organizations are posting fliers all around the area.

All the media have been contacted but cooperation from the media is not something we have been able to count on

in the past. Maybe now that Illinois is officially the only state left without a carry law the media will

decide to air/print this.

We just don't know.

Bump to Top. Logan Square town hall meeting is tonight, Monday Feb 20.

God Speed to all of those presenting and hosting at the Logan Square Town Hall tonight.

It may prove to be the most important Town Hall of the year.

Watch Fox Chicago tonight for their report on tracing guns used in Chicago crimes and watch all of the Chicago TV stations for coverage (if they even pay attention)

Archived