Stop The Bump Stock Ban

ScopeEye

To anyone who dismissed bump stocks as nothing more than a novelty and didnt stand against their banning. How old are you?

You have failed the second amendment for decades. Gun owners have lost and lost and lost and lost since the 1920's. Maybe its time to just let it all go. In 30 years when you are gone or in a retirement home and the second amendment is a shred of the shred it is today, I can only hope that my generation of gun owners arent as spineless as you.

I complimented your previous post because it was really well written.

I understood and appreciated the to the point dry humor and sarcasm.

I'm what would be considered old and I have been fighting for our Civil Rights since I was in grade school.

Please don't generalize by generation.

To anyone who dismissed bump stocks as nothing more than a novelty and didnt stand against their banning. How old are you?

You have failed the second amendment for decades. Gun owners have lost and lost and lost and lost since the 1920's. Maybe its time to just let it all go. In 30 years when you are gone or in a retirement home and the second amendment is a shred of the shred it is today, I can only hope that my generation of gun owners arent as spineless as you.

That is probably (well, hopefully) a small segment of people reading this board.

I dismiss bump stocks as nothing more than a novelty, BUT...I'm against the banning of them....even more so in the manner in which is was done.

See no use, nor have any use of a 'bump stock' !

No disrespect intended fellow IC member, but that response tells me, you don't get it. I've never owned, desired to own, or cared about bump stocks. This fight goes way above and beyond bump stocks. The name of the game is to stay in the game.(The "GAME" in this case, is fighting for our 2A Rights) The more groups we have fighting for our rights, the better. It's ONE DOLLAR to help in that fight. I'm in. Again, no disrespect intended, seriously.

Well said JDW.

Like some here, I have no personal need or use for a bumpstock. In fact, IIRC, they were originally made to make it easier for handicapped shooters. I do have several high capacity magazines for a couple of rifles and, like the bumpstocks, they are in the crosshairs of the antis. As a result, I will fight against the bumpstock ban that went into effect today because the next thing might be the magazines.

New Zealand is an example of political idiocy. They ban all semiautomatic rifles than hold 10 or more rounds of ammunition. People - this includes the Ruger 10/22 as the original magazine holds 10 rounds and even Ruger sells magazines that hold 25 rounds !!

At least 500,000 bump stocks in private hands..
Let's just say they cost $150 each. Many were much more (double that price or more, to be honest) and some were less...

The federal government thinks it's ok to deprive private citizens of a minimum of 75 MILLION DOLLARS worth of property, without just compensation, and they think it's ok to do it without abiding by the proper legal process. We the people had NO REPRESENTATION on this. No elected official had a chance to either oppose/propose it as a law.

Still think bump stocks being banned isn't an issue?

The public should be in an uproar over this. Whether they're gun owners or not. It sets a terrible precedent. Not just for guns, but for anything imaginable.

They decide that classic muscle cars pollute too much and aren't safe = BANNED!
They decide that wood stoves pollute too much and too many trees are cut down = BANNED!
They decide that double pane windows aren't efficient enough and everyone has to upgrade to triple pane = BANNED!
They decide that traditional water heaters are inefficient and tankless, on demand should only be used = BANNED!

All without Congress or the people having a say in the matter..

Bird - You could be right. Maybe I'm not looking at this deep enough - I have clearly over the years proven I'm not the sharpest knife around.

They are a dumb novelty with ZERO practical value for anything that any true sportsman would ever use for hunting, target shooting, or self-defense.

I'm not going to debate this further. Being on the defensive all the time is a function of never having the urge and foresight to take the lead. Perhaps that simple logic is something to consider. My .02 fwiw. Carry on.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting or sporting purposes. Don't get stuck on stupid.

If the folks commenting on this post aren't familiar with the 4th Amendment, or the "takings clause" of the 5th, they might oughta read up on it. This is an objectively egregious Constitutional violation, and ironically - one the President could rightfully be impeached over. The only thing circulating now that is more infuriating to Constitutional principles are ex parte "red flag" laws.

None of these would stand a chance under true judicial scrutiny.

I’d follow with you’d have to actually be a supporting member of the exact organization which is standing AND fighting for your right under the 2nd.....full time!

So since YOUR generation won’t be spineless, that must mean that this generation IS spineless?

It’s the soap box standers and name callers we don’t need, but you push on my son, push on.........

Failing the 2nd for decades MAY be your view, but those who, right here on these forums, were working hard so you could carry.....yes last state in, but working very hard to be able to do so. Maybe your generation can loan out that magic wand so we can wave it about while marching in Springfield..........

Let's just say they cost $150 each. Many were much more (double that price or more, to be honest) and some were less...

The federal government thinks it's ok to deprive private citizens of a minimum of 75 MILLION DOLLARS worth of property, without just compensation, and they think it's ok to do it without abiding by the proper legal process. We the people had NO REPRESENTATION on this. No elected official had a chance to either oppose/propose it as a law.

The public should be in an uproar over this. Whether they're gun owners or not. It sets a terrible precedent. Not just for guns, but for anything imaginable.

They decide that wood stoves pollute too much and too many trees are cut down = BANNED!

They decide that double pane windows aren't efficient enough and everyone has to upgrade to triple pane = BANNED!

They decide that traditional water heaters are inefficient and tankless, on demand should only be used = BANNED!

Since they're considered a machine gun now and machine guns are worth $15,000, people that have them should be compensated $15,000 for each of them.

Archived