Cold weather question

cola490

This safe, simple, and fast system allows you to concentrate fully on tactical tasks (particularly while under stress). The SAFE ACTION® System also prevents the pistol from firing if it is dropped and is functional at temperatures from -40° to 122° Fahrenheit.

https://us.glock.com/en/learn/glock-pistols

Glocks are tested to function in that range. You search YouTube and you will find that there are videos of people exceeding that range and the gun still functions. One issue you have with extreme temps is your lubrication and is it designed for that extreme use. At cold temps some lubes will gum up. The gun itself is fine.

Here's my anecdote for the thread. I left my G19 in the glove box for about the last...3 weeks or so. Just went to the range Saturday. Decided to take it in and shoot off my carry ammo that had been around since at least the summer. The whole magazine ran just fine. Guns don't really care about getting cold. Its the ammo you have to watch.

Having lived in the tundra (aka Minnesota) for a few years.....

During 3 week cold snap with daytime highs at 10 below, guns all worked fine. Shooters had all sorts of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only problem is in the case of improper or over lubrication. Conventional grease or oil will get gummy. If using the right amount of the right lubes, no issue.

Exactly, run your Tupperware guns clean with the absolute minimal oil only at the recommended points. Personal preference would be petroleum/petroleum derived synthetic like motor oil.

It's more important to keep these guns clean rather then lubed to stay rust free.

Archived