Returning to IL after moving out of State

M1AFan

Good afternoon all,

Born and raised here in Illinois, had my FOID until a year and a half ago when I moved to Texas. My career has brought me back to Illinois and I'll need to get my FOID again.

My old FOID is still active (I no longer have the physical card), and due for renewal but since I lived out of State for the last year and a half, I'm wondering if I can just renew my old one, or do I have to apply for a new FOID all together? I got my IL Drivers License back which carries the same DL# as my previous one.

Calls to the ISP FOID line go unanswered and I've had the same luck with email so I thought someone here might have an idea.

Signed,

Moving to WI end of next year.

I’m guessing you logged onto the ISP site since you said your foid is active.

If so, do you see a renewal tab,

I think its probably best to sign up for a new card.

We know how messed up things can get with IL foids and ccl’s.

Or if you got a couple hours of free time just keep hitting redial till you get thru to isp

Not to be the devil, but I’d apply fully over again.

Get a new card and not have the possibility of anything popping up later.

Understand that it is Illinois, and within that structure if it can go wrong it will go wrong.

Having your FOID yanked after THEY make a mistake won’t be an excuse THEY will accept!

Enjoy the second pass through of Illinois and be sure to start the search for a new place to leave too soon..........

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's much appreciated!

What a mess of a system this State has, and sadly, I don't think it'll ever change. Moving to Texas was great and I would've never come back here if the possibility of heading across the border to WI wasn't possible.

Again, thanks everyone! I'll have to decide what to do. Either try and renew or just file for a new Card.

Archived