Pit Bull shot by 15 year old kid in Chicago

I don't blame the 15 year old kid for shooting the dangerous Pit Bull! Many kids have been killed or maimed by these dogs in Chicago over the years!. I would have done the same thing. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-family-dog-shot-chicago-lawn-20170422-story.html

They should also charge the homeowners with a felony and the Police officers who arrested the kid for saving his and his friends lives!. There is no common sense in Chicago!

cant believe some of the ignorant crap that spews from some people on this site.... and in another thread they'll say...."dont judge all gun owners by the actions of a few"... what a bunch of hypocrites.

edit to clear up: the fact that all this article says is that the dog followed the group. Said nothing about the dog attacking.....but yea kill all pit bulls. Ignorant BS.

I don't see how stories like this help a gun owner's case but that is just my opinion. A fifteen year old kid walking down the street with a gun is ILLEGAL. So this does not speak for the LAW ABIDING citizen because he was in fact breaking the law. Just because a dog is following you does not entitle you to shoot it.

Not all pit bulls are bad.

Not all gun owners are law abiding.

Double edged sword.

If a Pit Bull comes after you you can assume he's going to try and kill you. What is so hard to understand about that? He obviously was right up on this kid since the dog took a bullet right in the face. The streets of Chicago are so dangerous that you have to carry a gun no matter what your status is. A lot of Suburban people just don't have a clue and say why does the kid have a gun. I challenge any Suburban person to walk the streets and alleys of the South and West sides of Chicago unarmed if you don't think its necessary. Many of these people are stuck in their neighborhoods and can't move. It would be bad advice to listen to anyone tell them not to carry a gun. This kid would be dead right now if he listened to Father Pfleger and Jesse Jackson.

This Pit Bull was a victim of social and economic injustice, I also don't think we was trained, which makes him a victim of a failed educational system. He was also discriminated against because he was a Pit Bull.

I dream of the day when all dogs will be judged not by their appearance, but by the content of their character...

I live in chicago and people across the street have two pitbulls. One day I hear a dog yelping in pain. I went and looked out my front porch and there were the two pitbulls chomping on an older lab and his owner, they got out of an alley gate and came around the corner. One pitbull had the lab by the hindquarter and the other on the labs face. They were trying to rip the lab apart. The owner was also on the ground covered with blood. Cars stopped in the street and the people got out and kicked and beat the Bulls to no avail. Finally the cops came and tasered them. That's the third time I've seen those dogs get out and chomp a dog. And yes they're still in the yard like oohing happened. The owner was taking a shower. I walk my small dog every day, but I'm armed and watch for those dogs.

Yeah a good pitbull is a dead one

every time this conversation comes up on any forum

there always people sticking up for the pit bulls

oh there harmless there no more dangerous than any other dog

Labradors, golden retrievers,dobermans,blah blah

bite more people than pit bulls do

Yeah but they don't kill people like pit bulls do

whens the last time a dog killed some one and it wasn't a pit bull ????

I have first hand knowledge of the breed. Had one for 4 1/2 years. Got her as a pup and raised her 100% correctly aside from some spoiling here and there. She went to obidience training and was very well socialized with people and other animals. She lived with two other small dogs and two cats. Got along great with everybody. Then one day she went after my wife in the back yard. Ripped her clothes up really bad and nipped her up a little bit. We being stupid and loved the dog let that one go. Well she attacked my wife again approx a month later. Bit her leg pretty bad and was in full chomp mode when I dropped to my knees to get her off my wife's leg , she grazed me on the stomach a couple times. Still have the marks. Needless to say I won't ever own another bully breed but my sister did adopt one that's really sweet and older so hopefully all will be ok with him.

I have family that has had their pit bull since a puppy. It was properly raised and seemed OK when it was young, but as it got older, it has become aggressive.

So far the things it has done (that I found out about anyway):

- Killed both of their cats

- Broke out of the house a few times and attacked passing joggers

- Attacked their 2 year old boy and left permanent scars on his face

I'm not saying all Pit Bulls are bad, but there is definitely something wrong with the breed in general when you hear / see this kind of stuff going on constantly.

Dog (any breed) attacks owner or family member? Doggie dirt nap ASAP.

This event, like so many others, is under a five minute drive from my home. I am NOT surprised that so many of the comments to the article simply gloss over or ignore the little detail of a darn 15 year old punk carrying a firearm on the streets. Bangers gonna bang, ghetto rats gonna ghetto rat.

If a Pit Bull comes after you you can assume he's going to try and kill you. What is so hard to understand about that? He obviously was right up on this kid since the dog took a bullet right in the face. The streets of Chicago are so dangerous that you have to carry a gun no matter what your status is. A lot of Suburban people just don't have a clue and say why does the kid have a gun. I challenge any Suburban person to walk the streets and alleys of the South and West sides of Chicago unarmed if you don't think its necessary. Many of these people are stuck in their neighborhoods and can't move. It would be bad advice to listen to anyone tell them not to carry a gun. This kid would be dead right now if he listened to Father Pfleger and Jesse Jackson.

I agree 100%, To charge the 15 yr old with possession of a gun etc, fine. But criminal damage of a domestic animal, aggravated cruelty to animals? So lets say he was an adult with a concealed carry permit. Dog in same situation and you do what you think would be best to save your life or to prevent great bodily harm. The dog was facing him based on the location of the bullet. Does The officers assume the dog was friendly and just wanted to be pet, or the dog was aggressive and yes this dog is considered a viscous animal. Or should you wait until the dog latches on first then shoot? At what point can you defend yourself?

I have family that has had their pit bull since a puppy. It was properly raised and seemed OK when it was young, but as it got older, it has become aggressive.

So far the things it has done (that I found out about anyway):

- Killed both of their cats

- Broke out of the house a few times and attacked passing joggers

- Attacked their 2 year old boy and left permanent scars on his face

I'm not saying all Pit Bulls are bad, but there is definitely something wrong with the breed in general when you hear / see this kind of stuff going on constantly.

There is a reason people buy these kind of dogs. #1 For protection which they are very good at. These dogs provide a sense of security because they are intimidating to say the least. Also take a moment and ask any Chicago police office what dog is most common to be found in a drug house during a raid. The home owner should have chained the dog in the back yard to relive himself or walked the dog.

I spent a number of years working with aggressive animals at a local shelter. Pit bulls belong to a group of breeds that should not be owned by your regular pet owner. These breeds are typically large, strong, and tend to be dominant. Unless you understand how to handle them, and are willing to spend the large amount of time necessary to continuously work with them you shouldn't own them.

Someone mentioned that a large number of incidents occur with animals around 3-4 years old. This is also one of the ages at which the shelter tended to get a lot of animals. People get bored with their pets after a few years so they quit giving them the attention necessary. Couple that with a dominant animal that has reached full size and you get problems. Is it that Pit Bulls in general are bad animals? No more so than an AR-15 is a bad rifle. As always, it's people doing things they shouldn't and/or not doing things they should that cause problems.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the possibility that the kid simply shot the dog for fun. He most likely is a 15 year old banger and came across the dog and thought what the hey, I'll prove my manhood and shoot it. That actually was my first thought when I heard where this occurred.

On a side note, did anyone catch that the owner is a 23 year old woman with an 8 year old son?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived