WILL ILLINOIS EVER HAVE RECIPROCITY WITH OTHER STATES?

Elmer, you're making a bunch of assumptions. Let's stick to reality. Also keep in mind that you did say that tackling HB5725 was a lower priority than fixing the appeals process. If you don't want to act prudently on Illinois legislation than the numbers that will push for federal legislation will be higher. There is a perceived need to create equality and balance.

You are right I did make assumptions which is something that has to be done. I also stated my OPINION with regard to priority and it is exactly that nothing more than my opinion which is worth the same thing that yours is nothing more or less. Finally, the so called perceived need for equality seems to have a higher priority in your mind than that of others...and it certainly isn't worth more than anyone elses...perhaps other than to you. So let's keep this in perspective...they ought get it fixed on that much we both agree. However, everyone isn't going to get what they want when they want it....and there is absolutely nothing that either of us is going to say that will change the other's mind. What needs to be kept in mind is that just because you want something out of self interest doesn't increase its priority for the rest of the world.

Let's keep in mind that my interest in obtaining an Illinois concealed carry permit is no different than any residents interest prior to the ruling in CA7 in December 2012, ratification of the FCCA in July 9, 2013, online applications being accepted effective January 2, 2014, or the permits first being mailed on February 28, 2014. It's like watching a race where the vast majority on the starting line are allowed to run, except a select few who have to wait for a second command to go. Nonresidents actually have to jump through a few more hurdles, via paperwork, too. We should all be in this together.

I have always been clear in agreeing that you should be able to obtain a permit......and I am sure that eventually you will be. However, as with many things...just because one of us wants something doesn't mean that it is going to happen on the time table you establish...wouldn't it be nice if all of us could do that. As I have stated, my concerns with the Federal legislation is that it isn't the right way to fix the problem...and my concerns are if we start down that path it could very well come with quite a bit that I don't think anyone really wants. Tell you what...when we find the genie lamp..you can have the first wish.

1) I'm not the only person wanting the nonresident permit. I'm just the most vocal.

2) I didn't set a time table.

3) Although I have advocated for HB2959 (which is sponsored by my rep, who happens to be from The Land of The Free), I've also pushed for HB5725, which is Illinois legislation. You are so fixed on the federal legislation that you aren't noticing the state legislation. Where's your support for that?

4) Being the generous person that I am, I would either wish for Universal Reciprocity for all people by way of declaring all laws in conflict with the 2A as unlawful, or ask the genie to grant Elmer Fudd's 1 wish first.

Archived