RIP RBG

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:45 AM

And the Democrats and Left are now totally unhinged, I expect more rioting, looting and arson in the coming days especially after confirmation that is expected to happen before the end of October.

Quick someone get a trademark for "Glorious ACB" and start the marketing!

Too late
They already have “Notorious ACB” limited edition t-shirts out!
Don't coat tail...lol

#182 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:10 PM

I'm all for Trump's choice, but aren't there any American children with no parents?

Not really, there's a loooooong waiting list unless you want to adopt older children with issues.

Aren't older children with issues the ones that need help most? 

#183 GTX63

• Members
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 04:30 AM

Yes, however parenting a troubled teen takes a different skillset that raising an adopted infant.

That talent pool isn't as deep.

#184 chislinger

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

I'm all for Trump's choice, but aren't there any American children with no parents?

Not really, there's a loooooong waiting list unless you want to adopt older children with issues.

Aren't older children with issues the ones that need help most?

Yes, but few parents can step into such a role. It's one trained professionals have difficulty with.
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#185 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:54 AM

Then I guess it's better to not have any adopted kids, rather than wait a long time or have a child who needs a of  of extra help right off the bat. I sure would not want to do either of those things. Would it be so bad not to have any kids?  Let other countries take care of their own, and we take care of ours.

#186 Flynn

• Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:05 AM

Let other countries take care of their own, and we take care of ours.

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to be parents to a child that it should not matter where that child was born, there should not even be a question of providing a child a home with parents vs foster or orphanage raising, country lines should make no difference in that decision.  The entire "take care of ours" is great in idea but not realistic in practice due to many factors and roadblocks that are in the way in this country.

If I was younger I would consider adoption, but as touched upon older kids many times come with problems, that is why they are generally still in the foster system at an elder age and not adopted, yes they need homes as well but they need homes that can provide and deal with the special needs of these children, not a "this is your only choice to adopt" option to those seeking children to adopt.

Edited by Flynn, 29 September 2020 - 09:09 AM.

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#187 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:42 AM

Let other countries take care of their own, and we take care of ours.

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to be parents to a child that it should not matter where that child was born, there should not even be a question of providing a child a home with parents vs foster or orphanage raising, country lines should make no difference in that decision.  The entire "take care of ours" is great in idea but not realistic in practice due to many factors and roadblocks that are in the way in this country.

If I was younger I would consider adoption, but as touched upon older kids many times come with problems, that is why they are generally still in the foster system at an elder age and not adopted, yes they need homes as well but they need homes that can provide and deal with the special needs of these children, not a "this is your only choice to adopt" option to those seeking children to adopt.

Then I guess they need to fix the system. Which is probably why, (Subconsciously of course), :flowers:  I started saying stuff on this subject. I don't think I've ever wanted kids, so I'm just saying what makes sense to me. I've heard there are a lot of things in the way here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users