Illinois CCL renewal

PastorRichard

Thanks for the info King. I'll just have to find out how ISP is going to handle it. Initially I had to get a memo from the IDOC training academy stating that I received 40hrs of firearms training, which took 3 months to get. Oh well I've still got plenty of time before I expire. Thanks again

Another benefit - exempt from the 3 hours for renewal...What makes you think that?Because instructors are exempt per the FCCA. See my post #23 above.didn't they change that - I think new instructors need to do 'day 2' now

After April 16, 2014, you must have a CCL prior to applying to become an instructor.

I haven't seen that. Where is that documented as I would like to read it. Thanks

ftp://www.ilga.gov/jcar/admincode/020/02001231sections.html

Section 1231.20 Instructor Approval

a) Applicants for Concealed Carry Firearm Instructor (Instructor) approval shall meet the requirements of Section 80 of the Act and shall maintain:

1) A valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card or, if an out-of-state resident, the applicant must meet all of the eligibility requirements to obtain a FOID Card other than Illinois residency (see 20 Ill. Adm. Code 1230); and

2) After April 16, 2014, a valid FCCL, unless the applicant is not required to possess an FCCL to conceal and carry handguns in Illinois, or, if the applicant is an out-of-state resident not from a substantially similar state, that person shall provide proof to the Department upon request that he or she is not required to possess an FCCL to conceal and carry handguns in Illinois, or that he or she is eligible to carry under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence.

In case there is any doubt... from section 75 of the concealed carry act (training requirements):

(h) A person who has qualified to carry a firearm as an active law enforcement or corrections officer, who has successfully completed firearms training as required by his or her law enforcement agency and is authorized by his or her agency to carry a firearm; a person currently certified as a firearms instructor by this Act or by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board; or a person who has completed the required training and has been issued a firearm control card by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation shall be exempt from the requirements of this Section.

Archived