Photo

I am going to sue Illinois for causing me stress-related disability by not allowing me to carry my firearm in all circumstances.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Lawsuit's novel approach: State is responsible for children 'disabled' by gun violence

"In the suit, she argues that stress from the unceasing gun violence in the Austin neighborhood where she and her son live caused a “trauma-related disability” that has impaired his cognitive and emotional function and said that the state has an obligation not only to address but rectify it under federal and state law."

In my lawsuit, which I will also file as a class-action, I argue that the stress from the threat of being unable to defend myself at all potential instances from assault by the proven hazard of criminal attackers in the city of Chicago where I live has caused a "stress-related disability" that has impaired my emotional function and resulted in permanent harm from having suffered the duress of the uncertainty of being able to do the utmost to guarantee my own personal safety. The State has an obligation to not only address this, but rectify it under Federal and State law by passing legislation that allows people who are thus disabled like me to carry self-defense "emotional preservation" firearms with us at all times, in all circumstances, to accommodate our disabilities.

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 18 December 2019 - 07:51 PM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of free speech, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?
 One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest. Me Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck. Samurai proverb An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert Heinlein I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist. Me "It ain't braggin' if you done it." Will Rogers <p> InX89li.jpg     

#2 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:10 PM

I like the way you think.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#3 TomKoz

• 4,783 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

Your lawsuit is stressing me out !!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#4 357

• 1,849 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:57 PM

You should.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#5 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:16 AM

I'm triggered.

#6 MagSlap

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:19 AM

I'm getting stressed because your triggered.

I'm going to sue for a an emotional support Llama...with a gun.

Edited by MagSlap, 18 December 2019 - 08:20 AM.

#7 Odinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:46 AM

Maybe a little red vest/grip on my Beretta will qualify it as an emotional support firearm. Thanks for the idea!

#8 ScopeEye

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

I'm in...

#9 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:07 PM

...before...
Have all boated who fish?

#10 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,323 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

I'm in...

...before...

Don't you make light of my disability. According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, that's discrimination.

Or is it . . .

GUNSCRIMINATION!

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 18 December 2019 - 07:37 PM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of free speech, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest. Me Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck. Samurai proverb An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert Heinlein I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist. Me "It ain't braggin' if you done it." Will Rogers <p> InX89li.jpg     

#11 Tip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

Beware — the State is likely to agree that you have a “stress related disability” —- and then rule said disability to be a mental illness making you ineligible to possess a firearm.......
Never Engage in a Battle of Wits with an unarmed person.

#12 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:51 PM

^^^^THIS !^^^^

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#13 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,323 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:51 PM

Beware — the State is likely to agree that you have a “stress related disability” —- and then rule said disability to be a mental illness making you ineligible to possess a firearm.......

The State of Illinois and I already went head to head on that, and the State lost, and a directive to fast-track my CCL application came down, so as to not have me be able to challenge the law in Federal court.

To wit:

http://illinoiscarry...=40#entry856291

Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] . . . does not nor has he ever experienced suicidal ideation, thoughts of self-harm, homicidal ideation, nor is he delusional, hallucinating, or suffering from clinical depression. He is not a danger to himself in any way. He is also not a hazard to others, nor does he present a threat to public safety in any sense . . . He needs no psychoactive medications, has completed vocational rehabilitation programs through the Department of Veterans Affairs, and maintains excellent mental health through daily meditation, biofeedback therapy, stress relief activities, and martial arts exercises.

. . . and . . .

It is my knowledge that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has operated and worked with firearms since childhood. He has extensive military and civilian experience with such firearms. He fully understands and respects the necessity to use them lawfully and responsibly. Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has taught martial arts, self-defense, and firearm safety instruction over the years, including to women, children, and victims of domestic abuse. Thus, he is very aware of any concerns about the harm caused by interpersonal violence.

I believe that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70]'s experiences in combat and seeing first-hand the effects of firearm violence on human beings makes him very unlikely to ever use one except in the most extreme circumstances of self-defense. I also believe that his necessity for understanding and managing his own reactions to stress makes him more inclined than the average person to defuse conflict rather than employing violence, except a final resort. Due to his familiarity with firearms and status as a military veteran I do not think that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] would use them in any unlawful fashion, because he intimately understands the consequences of such actions.

Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has worked long and hard to be a productive, law-abiding member of society after the difficulties he experienced resulting from his honorable military service. He understands the consequences of his actions, works actively and continually to maintain stable mental health, and does nothing to raise concern that he would be a threat to himself, others, or public safety. Therefore, as a practicing Clinical Psychologist who is very familiar with Mr. [ChicagoRonin70]’s mental state, it is my clinical opinion he should be allowed to exercise his right to obtain a license to carry a firearm if he needs to for personal protection.

You can read the entire official letter attached to this posting, in all of its glory.

If they REALLY want, they could give me another swing at kicking their teeth down their throat and taking the CCL law and its infringements to Federal Court, whereupon they would end up with a nightmare of an ideal plaintiff and a public-relations nightmare, but I suspect they would do everything they could to avoid that, because it would ultimately cost them hugely.

Attached Thumbnails

• Statement for Fitness for Concealed Carry License--Page 1-Redacted.jpg
  • Statement for Fitness for Concealed Carry License--Page 2-Redacted.jpg

#14 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

I don't know Ronin.  These Il-ANNOY "jackxxxes" can be pretty hard-headed and self-righteous.  Just look at what Northam and the VA legislature appear to be trying to cram down the people's throats.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#15 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:11 AM

I don't know Ronin.  These Il-ANNOY "jackxxxes" can be pretty hard-headed and self-righteous.  Just look at what Northam and the VA legislature appear to be trying to cram down the people's throats.

As I said, they can try, and we'll see what happens. In my case, it was a directive from the top that said to fast-track my application so that I didn't have any cause for legal action, and a source that I have told me that my situation was discussed specifically because there was significant risk that if I went to court, things would be very bad for the CCL law.

#16 Charles Nichols

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

What he said. ^^^^^^

Concealed carry is of no use to me because I don't carry a purse or wear a dress, and I'm not into secret advantage and unmanly assassination.

"Should the Open Carry movement become successful it will result in the greatest dissolution of government power since the collapse of the Soviet Union." - Charles Nichols

"If a monkey looks into a book, a sage cannot look out." - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

"La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas." - Charles Baudelaire 

"God doesn't want me and the devil isn't finished with me." - Raymond Reddington

"When you lift the last veil, you might discover that your bride is an ignorant, illiterate child living in a world of fear and superstition." - Charles Nichols.* 

* I posted this on my Facebook page on May 20, 2011.  Unable to find its origin, I claim to be its creator.

#17 ChicagoRonin70

• 4,323 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:08 PM

You all did read my postings above, right? Given what I bring to bear, the LAST thing that the State of Illinois wants is to have me take them to Federal court over this, given that since I have the backing of the VA for my position. When I previously went against them for this, they sh!t themselves fast-tracking my CCL application through so I wouldn't have standing to challenge their BS licensing scheme in Federal court, with the a Federal agency in my corner.

#18 MagSlap

• Members
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

I'm getting stressed because your triggered.
I'm going to sue for a an emotional support Llama...with a gun.

I think there is a better solution.
20190610_165928-416x386.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users