Photo

Advanced CCW and Competition Classes Posted - Top Shot Academy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 chip

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

Top Shot Academy

Advanced CCW Class & Action Shooting Intro

Calling on all Top Shot Academy Alumni and qualified individuals. The Advanced Concealed Carry Class is finally here! This is the course  you've been waiting for to improve your techniques, sharpen your skill set and develop your comfort level! This course also meets the requirements to begin shooting USPSA, IPSC or IDPA Action Pistol Shooting. 

Top Shot Academy will provide a Tactical Range setting to prepare each and every one of you for the next phase of your training. This is highly recommended for all Top Shot Academy Alumni to further your safety, skill and to hone your abilities in self defense.  All of this under the direction of Chip Eberhart and Top Shot Academy Certified Instructor Team including Combat Veterans and seasoned Police Officers.

WHERE - Pine Tree Pistol Club, 5454 11th Street, Rockford, Illinois 61109
WHEN - July 18, 2015 and August 1, 2015
WHAT TIME - 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
WHO - All CCW Licensed Individuals (or completed a CCW Class)
HOW MUCH - July 18 $150.00 Non-Alumni & $125.00 Alumni, August 1, 2015 Non-Alumni $175.00 $ Alumni $150.00 (August class will include coaching and critique at the monthly match on Aug. 1st).
WHAT DO I NEED - Your Gun, Holster, 4 Magazines Minimum with pouches, Strong Belt, 200 Rounds of Ammunition

Shooting from ground.jpg

Member - International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association

Member - International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors

Member - Illinois Tactical Officers Association

Member - Second Amendment Foundation

Contributing Writer - Concealed Carry Magazine

Illinois State Police Approved Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

UTAH BCI Certified Instructor

USCCA Certified Instructor

NROI Range Officer
NRA LIFE Member
ISRA Member

Top Shot Academy

I AM THE NRA
If you're a firearm owner, you should be too.

CCW Safe Membership Info

#2 Sigma

• Members
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

i want to come but feel this is too advanced for me, is this class for people who dont know how to shoot? If so im coming to the aug 1st

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#3 chip

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

Sigma, you make a great point, and showed a flaw in our posting. 

The CCW portion is for those that have completed a CCW class. It's considered an advanced course above and beyond basic CCW classes. We will spend about an hour in the classroom, and 3 to 4 hours on the range. 

As for the competition aspect, it's an Introductory Class for competition shooting. The hope is that many will choose to become active in competitive shooting as a way to maintain and hone the shooting skills needed for real world self-defense. 

Anyone that thinks simply standing in one place and shooting a single static target is good enough training for CCW, well...I've got a bridge in San Francisco that's for sale. 

In short, this will be a great class for you and your wife. 

- chip

Member - International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association

Member - International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors

Member - Illinois Tactical Officers Association

Member - Second Amendment Foundation

Contributing Writer - Concealed Carry Magazine

Illinois State Police Approved Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

UTAH BCI Certified Instructor

USCCA Certified Instructor

NROI Range Officer
NRA LIFE Member
ISRA Member

Top Shot Academy

I AM THE NRA
If you're a firearm owner, you should be too.

CCW Safe Membership Info

#4 Trigger Control

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Chip, I have a great course of fire for an "Advanced CCW Course" or Defensive Pistol Course and I am able to give the student a NRA course completion certificate should they qualify. Call me and let's chat about a collaboration together at Pine Tree or maybe at Alpha Range with Cougar8000 soon!

Gordon

"It's not the critic that counts." - President Theodore Roosevelt

#5 Sigma

• Members
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

Ok let me get the money together
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.