• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

So what happens if you refuse?

#4 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

What if one takes one of these bump stocks and take it out of state?    Then they won't be in possession while in the state of Commiechusetts. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#5 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

So, what is the enumerated list of Constitutional violations that this ban causes? It will be interesting to predict what the legal challenges will be.

Second Amendment?

Fifth Amendment?

Also, anyone know if Horne v. Department of Agriculture applies here?

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 17 January 2018 - 01:24 AM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#6 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:53 AM

There was a follow up on this, apparently the bill passed with without quorum. Makes me wonder if the law is even valid then if quorum is a requirement for passing legislation.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#7 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

If this law is allowed to stand then anytime a state wants something they can pass a law requiring the populace to surrender what they want to the state without any compensation.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#8 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,341 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

There was a follow up on this, apparently the bill passed with without quorum. Makes me wonder if the law is even valid then if quorum is a requirement for passing legislation.

Where is that information found at? Link?

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#9 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Where is that information found at? Link?

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#10 cybermgk

• 1,851 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Has anyone considered how sadly ironic it is that one of the most gun unfriendly states is where the "shot heard round the world" happened?  In fact, the Battle of Lexington and Concord was British Troops marching from Boston to Concord to seize a cache of arms, and they met the countries first Militia in battle.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#11 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,376 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Gun parts CONFISCATION begins in Massachusetts as state to order “bump stocks” destroyed or turned over to government

Massachusetts, like most other liberal states across the country, is not exactly a state that believes in or respects the Second Amendment rights of the people who live there. Rather, Massachusetts and the leftists who run it believe as the vast majority of liberal democrats in this country do: That the implementation of more gun laws and regulations is the best and most effective way to decrease gun-related crime.

Massachusetts’ most recent attack on the Second Amendment comes in the form of a letter that will soon be sent to all License to Carry (LTC) permit holders in the state from the Executive Office of Public Safety. The letter, which was originally uncovered by the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) based in Northborough, explains that “Retention of a prohibited item [bump stock or trigger crank] beyond the 90 day grace period will expose the owner to criminal prosecution.” In other words, residents of Massachusetts are being forced to turn in their bump stocks without exception, even if they have no criminal history and obtained their firearm legally.

The law, which will officially take effect on February 1 of this year, places a ban on “bump stocks” and “trigger crank” devices in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Even though the letter has yet to be sent to LTC permit holders, it appears that property that was once considered legally owned will soon become contraband, and must therefore be surrendered and destroyed without compensation. (Related: Gun control is incredibly popular among people who live under tyranny and oppression – don’t they get it?)

More at this link:

http://secondamendme...ump-stocks.html

Thanks to WitchDoctor for the link

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#12 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

Molly, thank you for all you do. It is appreciated.

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

NRA Life Member

Airborne

3/504 P.I.R

25 years US Army

Proud Parent to a Wonderful Kid...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#13 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,376 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

Molly, thank you for all you do. It is appreciated.

:)

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users