GFZ: Woman Dragged Into Wooded Area, Sexually Assaulted

Craigcelia

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0M5jaPKR?s=a99&pd=00l6gbVD

Woman Dragged Into Wooded Area, Sexually Assaulted: Police

Patch - 13 hours ago

[http://img]

COOK COUNTY, IL – A 27-year-old Schaumburg man faces charges for attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in a forest preserve, authorities said Wednesday. Ryan Patterson was arrested on June 11 with aggravated criminal sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping in connection with the May 30 attack, according to a news release from the Cook County Sheriff's Office. He is accused of attacking the 48-year-old Streamwood woman who was on a trail in the Arthur L. Janura Forest Preserve near Hoffman Estates at about 8:15 p.m. on May 30.

He allegedly threw her cell phone and then dragged her into a wooded area where he sexually assaulted her.

Patterson's bail was set at $150,000.

Meanwhile, authorities believe there may be more victims who they would like to speak to. Anyone with information about additional victims is asked to call Sheriff's Police detectives at 708-865-4896.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is this caveat under ILCS 65, but I didn't think this applies to Cook County Forest Preserve itself:

(430 ILCS 66/65)
Sec. 65. Prohibited areas.

(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

No mention of trails so stow it when you are in a Cook County Forest Preserve.

Dart will make sure you are punished to the fullest extent possible.

© A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law.

I do not blame the victim, but life is not always the way we would like. Women should not travel alone in secluded areas like that especially when it is beginning to get dark.

My wife and I have often seen women alone on various paths at dusk. Even if carrying one can be struck from behind and dragged off to a more secluded area.

Archived