connecticut to give one more chance

Mac

Ya'll still don't get it. Registration is no longer an option.

For those that registered late they can make the firearms inoperable, sell them, move them out of state, or face confiscation.

For those that didn't register they face felony charges and confiscation if the state finds out they have one of the prohibited items.

The die is truly cast.

For those that registered late they can make the firearms inoperable, sell them, move them out of state, or face confiscation.

For those that didn't register they face felony charges and confiscation if the state finds out they have one of the prohibited items.

The die is truly cast.

TyGuy we both know some will never get it Ever. We also know some will be on there knees licking the boots of Tyranny while there guns remain hidden . I may never ever be able to shoot them but I still own them .

I for one am glad my Great Great ???? Grandad Strickland did not have that mind set

And also the fact that it's now a full fledged felony to have those unregistered magazines if you can't prove you had them prior to the ban not a fine, not a misdemeanor it's a Class D felony charge with up to 5 years in a birdcage... So get caught with one 10+ round unregistered magazine with no date stamp and you not only lose the magazine to confiscation but also face the prospect of becoming a convicted felon and could lose ALL your firearm rights forever!!! This is hardly a trivial matter any longer for those that possess 10+ round magazines in CT...

Easy to say don't get rid of them or don't hide them when you are not the one facing 5 years in a birdcage and the permanent lose of your 2nd rights at the Federal level...

And also the fact that it's now a full fledged felony to have those unregistered magazines if you can't prove you had them prior to the ban not a fine, not a misdemeanor it's a Class D felony charge with up to 5 years in a birdcage... So get caught with one 10+ round unregistered magazine with no date stamp and you not only lose the magazine to confiscation but also face the prospect of becoming a convicted felon and could lose ALL your firearm rights forever!!! This is hardly a trivial matter any longer for those that possess 10+ round magazines in tn CT...

Easy to say don't get rid of them or don't hide them when you are not the one facing 5 years in a birdcage and the permanent lose of your 2nd rights at the Federal level...

+1

Anyone see the letter supposedly going around to those who sent their registration applications beyond the deadline?

They're telling them to turn in/destroy/sell/move. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so evil. Try to follow their stupid a** rules and get punished for doing so because it's a day or so late, what a laugh.

Anyone see the letter supposedly going around to those who sent their registration applications beyond the deadline?

They're telling them to turn in/destroy/sell/move. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so evil. Try to follow their stupid a** rules and get punished for doing so because it's a day or so late, what a laugh.

Ty posted it: http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46027entry670333

I see storage facilities just outside of CT doing a booming business.

Perhaps that is you , a few , maybe many . I say if you store/ hide them that in my opinion is cowardice . There are things worse than death . I hope all heck breaks out if confiscation is attempted

Didn't say *I* would do that. But then I live in a town without an AWB.

It's real easy to pound your chest on the internet and say, "I'd never comply with a law like that!".

It becomes a lot more complicated question when you're faced with the prospect of a 2 year old and her 5 year old sister asking, "will we ever see Daddy again?" through tear streaked faces.

It's real easy to pound your chest on the internet and say, "I'd never comply with a law like that!".

It becomes a lot more complicated question when you're faced with the prospect of a 2 year old and her 5 year old sister asking, "will we ever see Daddy again?" through tear streaked faces.

Yep, there's Internet tough guys and keyboard warriors everywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

When its time to burry your guns, its time to dig them up

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

^^^ THIS ^^^ BIG TIME ^^^

EDIT : It's quite possible that this is a ploy by the state to get everyone to comply, if they could come and get them or knew where all the guns were why don't they start showing who's boss and make some arrests ? they don't have the manpower to get old receipts from every gun transaction in the state from years and years back so they can start cracking down. the program is a failure and the dictator types are humiliated.

Well here in the Peoples Republic of Illinois we may get to find out who's a tough guy one day. BTW, when do you stop giving up your rights and freedom ? where is the final line drawn ? free speech ? your Bible ?. how about a few months after registration and you get the TURN IT IN letter. I personally have a problem telling my kids " yep, we used to have this and that but they said NO so I complied like a good eunuch slave ". How much will you hand over cause " they said so " ?.

I agree, and it's a very difficult prospect. Risk everything now or hope that the state that takes away your fundamental rights now won't take everything away later. All I can say is that I don't like it. Not one bit. Considering that govnerments out of control are the #1 killer on the planet I get very nervous at the prospect of the US scrapping the Constitution.

I don't buy the "we live in 2014 that couldn't happen," nor the "we live in the US that couldn't happen," arguments. I see people as fundamentally the same today as they were in 2,000 BC. Technology may have changed, but people are the same. For example some might argue we've advanced gay rights recently adn I would point out that homosexuality was accepted actually strongly encouraged in ancient Greece.

There's a clear history of governments massacring their own people as needed, and I don't think the US is above that. "But but but we have the Constitution!" Yeah and see how much that matters to CT. Note how SCOTUS said you can't ban arms "in common use" and the AR-15 platform is one of the most ubiqutous out there today yet their legislature banned it anyway. The legislators aren't personally responsible if they pass an unconstitutional law so they forge ahead.

I truly am afraid of what might happen in CT in the next year or so. I do NOT want to see bloodshed, but if the state pushes confiscation I can see it happening. This doesn't make me happy, excite me, or get me riled up, it makes me sad. I'm not saying what they should do one way or the other, but the idea of American agaisnt American really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth even if one side is right.

I'll leave you with two videos shared before here, but that I find hit the mark time after time:

I don't know. I hope I never have to make decisions like that. Honestly I would probably be buying those sealed capsules to bury stuff. I have 2 small children to support.

I definitely would not register, and I wouldn't get rid of them or destroy them. I would definitely not comply, that I know. Protest, definitely. Take up arms and engage LEO if they come to confiscate, probably not.

But I'm not going to sit here on my phone hundreds of miles away and call people cowards and say that I'd act like the founding fathers and take up arms and die fighting. Cmon, really? I'd like to see one person here that talks tough actually practice what they preach.

I don't know. I hope I never have to make decisions like that. Honestly I would probably be buying those sealed capsules to bury stuff. I have 2 small children to support.

I definitely would not register, and I wouldn't get rid of them or destroy them. I would definitely not comply, that I know. Protest, definitely. Take up arms and engage LEO if they come to confiscate, probably not.

But I'm not going to sit here on my phone hundreds of miles away and call people cowards and say that I'd act like the founding fathers and take up arms and die fighting. Cmon, really? I'd like to see one person here that talks tough actually practice what they preach.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. At this point the best they can hope for is the LEO's tell the state communists to go suck it.

I guess our Founders never had families or had to worry about being hung.

Sacrificing your life for freedom is something true Americans have accomplished for over 200 years. Its only because of relative comfort and American Idol that we doubt our ability to do the same.

I will leave you with this quote. Think deeply on what it means:

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.--

Samuel Adams

Sacrificing your life for freedom is something true Americans have accomplished for over 200 years. Its only because of relative comfort and American Idol that we doubt our ability to do the same.

Our founders just didn't take up arms and start shooting, it was a last resort after they attempted and exhausted the other avenues...

If flaunting ownership of a $10 PMAG is worth 5 years in a birdcage and the revocation of your 2nd for life, by all means flaunt it and make your stand... I'm guessing that the people that remain level headed and pursue other avenues like lawsuits and voting in new representation initially will have a much greater long term impact and resolution...

Our founders just didn't take up arms and start shooting, it was a last resort after they attempted and exhausted the other avenues...

If flaunting ownership of a $10 PMAG is worth 5 years in a birdcage and the revocation of your 2nd for life, by all means flaunt it and make your stand... I'm guessing that the people that remain level headed and pursue other avenues like lawsuits and voting in new representation initially will have a much greater long term impact and resolution...

The citizens in Conneticut have tried all of that. Now the letters are going out to turn them in, destroy them, or move them. Yes, our Founders tried everything to change the laws they were subject to. They finally had to declare independence and go to armed revolt. We are not as far away from that scenario as you might think.

I suspect if registration every comes to Illinois I will be counseled on this forum to do so or risk banning if I suggest not complying.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.--

Samuel Adams

Did they go up against swat teams and militarized police with unlimited resources? Drones, MRAP's, FLIR, choppers, select fire weapons? They fought an army that had similar weapons to their own. These are different times. If it were a fair fight and just being outnumbered that's one thing. Con let's be realistic here.

Samuel Adams

Did they go up against swat teams and militarized police with unlimited resources? Drones, MRAP's, FLIR, choppers, select fire weapons? They fought an army that had similar weapons to their own. These are different times. If it were a fair fight and just being outnumbered that's one thing. Con let's be realistic here.

The odds do not matter. If you want to be a slave, I will not try to convince you otherwise. If you can think of nothing worth sacrificing your life for, I can not help you.

And that is exactly what I was trying to get across when someone else said we needed to "grow a pair"....I am not saying resistance isn't the answer, clearly not registering is a form of resistance. I just think buying time to organize that resistance, whatever form it is going to be, allows for a much bigger response versus one on one battles in your front yard shooting it out. If they move their guns to another state, they buy time to organize. Whether that is to organize to march or to fight, either way, time gives them the ability to come up with a strategy and in the meantime, they still own their guns.

If me buying time to figure out what needs to be done means I need a bigger pair, then so be it. At least I will be alive and still own my guns, while others are dead in their front yard. Knee jerk reactions don't help the overall cause. Coming up with organized planning does. Imagine how many years IGOLD has gone on and the thousands that march in springfield every year. It doesn't come easy, and it takes time, but imagine if one by one those same people "stood their ground" or "grew a pair" and started carrying wherever and whenever they wanted, they would be in jail or worse. The planning and organization of what to do is what won that battle and now look, people in the state of Illinois are now going to be able to carry legally!

The odds do not matter. If you want to be a slave, I will not try to convince you otherwise. If you can think of nothing worth sacrificing your life for, I can not help you.

I can think of plenty things to sacrifice my life for. At this point in my life, rifle registration is not one of them.

People in Illinois are going to carry because the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals said they can. The legislature did not pass this because they felt like it.

True, but my point was, the people who waited, whether by the courts or by legislation, are alive and well and will eat dinner with their family tonight. The random guy who would have decided this was his line in the sand, and decided to carry no matter where, and no matter what, and wasn't going to be patient and wait, would either be in jail or put himself in a position of something worse. I think we all agree registration is a line in the sand, how we respond to that, is the difference between living to fight another day, or not.

Archived