Online ammunition sellers who will ship to Chicago

ammo online retailers ammunition

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#421 smokedaddy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Would it be possible to get a 2A friendly attorney to draft up a letter that actually states the current restrictions and proves it is legal to ship here?  Something that could be forwarded to the "will not ship here" list and to other potential dealers on the cusp.  Maybe see how many members would be willing to make a donation to fund that? Just a thought.  Maybe the NRA could help with this too. 

#422 officedrone

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Maybe some local authority is using this list and going after them.   Maybe this list should be restricted to members only?

I'm going to stop this right now.

This thread isn't going to be made private, period. It's been asked several times and I've explained why.

1. There is nothing illegal or even in violation of an ordinance when ordering shipped ammo.

2. Trying to "hide" this implies that we think we're doing something wrong. We aren't.

3. Whenever someone's favorite seller decides to change their policy, this doesn't mean it's because of a law, or that their concern is justified.

4. Nobody is "going after" mail order ammo sellers. They're not breaking the law, so nobody with any authority would do so.

Please remain on topic. If anyone finds a new vendor to add or needs one removed, please feel free to let me know. The arguing about these vendors who changed their policies for whatever reason is pointless, so please stop. Thank you everyone.

Edited by officedrone, 14 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#423 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,443 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Would it be possible to get a 2A friendly attorney to draft up a letter that actually states the current restrictions and proves it is legal to ship here?  Something that could be forwarded to the "will not ship here" list and to other potential dealers on the cusp.  Maybe see how many members would be willing to make a donation to fund that? Just a thought.  Maybe the NRA could help with this too.

The difficulty is proving a negative. Demonstrating that something doesn't exist, a law against ammunition shipments in this case, is much harder than demonstrating when something does exist.

That's a big part of why we're here - to help people understand their rights and how to exercise them within the laws that actually are on the books.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#424 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,024 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

Does anyone here have text from correspondence sent to an ammunition seller, including the relevant statutes, that has worked to convince the seller that Chicago is not allowed to forbid the shipment of ammunition to buyers within the city limits?

Wideners rejected my verification information, including my CCL, which by its nature should preempt Chicago from interfering with ammunition shipments to me.

I'd like to get something that gives all of the information, in a collected form, to send to these misguided companies, to start checking them off of the list.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#425 officedrone

With Liberty and Justice for all

• 3,494 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Does anyone here have text from correspondence sent to an ammunition seller, including the relevant statutes, that has worked to convince the seller that Chicago is not allowed to forbid the shipment of ammunition to buyers within the city limits?

Wideners rejected my verification information, including my CCL, which by its nature should preempt Chicago from interfering with ammunition shipments to me.

I'd like to get something that gives all of the information, in a collected form, to send to these misguided companies, to start checking them off of the list.

I used to buy from Wideners until a couple of years ago, when they decided they would no longer ship ammunition to Chicago. They were among the first batch of sellers I contacted with a form e-mail I was using at the time, plus a link (or attachment) containing the City Ordinance, including  the struck out ammo transfer portion, but Wideners was among a few who simply did not care, or didn't believe me, or thought that they were forbidden unless they obtained a Chicago dealers license (even though they're not in Chicago or even Illinois). I haven't placed them on the "lost causes" list, but I'm wondering if I should.

Here's a link to the ordinance. The portion you want is 8-20-100. if you type 24 into Acrobat it will take you right there.

http://blogs.chicago...p-ordinance.pdf

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of my form letter anymore, but I referenced the fact that the old ban on "transfer" of ammunition within the city was struck out with the passage of this ordinance.

Edited by officedrone, 07 January 2018 - 06:38 PM.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#426 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,024 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

I used to buy from Wideners until a couple of years ago, when they decided they would no longer ship ammunition to Chicago. They were among the first batch of sellers I contacted with a form e-mail I was using at the time, plus a link (or attachment) containing the City Ordinance, including  the struck out ammo transfer portion, but Wideners was among a few who simply did not care, or didn't believe me, or thought that they were forbidden unless they obtained a Chicago dealers license (even though they're not in Chicago or even Illinois). I haven't placed them on the "lost causes" list, but I'm wondering if I should.

Here's a link to the ordinance. The portion you want is 8-20-100. if you type 24 into Acrobat it will take you right there.

http://blogs.chicago...p-ordinance.pdf

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of my form letter anymore, but I referenced the fact that the old ban on "transfer" of ammunition within the city was struck out with the passage of this ordinance.

That's somewhat helpful, although is that the only ordinance that applies? Doesn't the CCL preemption apply, as well? Do you know what the specific section from that is, as well?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#427 357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Section 90 says: "The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of handguns and ammunition for handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State."

(430 ILCS 66/90)
Sec. 90. Preemption. The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of handguns and ammunition for handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion thereof, enacted on or before the effective date of this Act that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on licensees or handguns and ammunition for handguns in a manner inconsistent with this Act shall be invalid in its application to licensees under this Act on the effective date of this Act. This Section is a denial and limitation of home rule powers and functions under subsection (h) of Section 6 of Article VII of the Illinois Constitution.
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#428 ChicagoRonin70

• 3,024 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Section 90 says: "The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of handguns and ammunition for handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State."

(430 ILCS 66/90)
Sec. 90. Preemption. The regulation, licensing, possession, registration, and transportation of handguns and ammunition for handguns by licensees are exclusive powers and functions of the State. Any ordinance or regulation, or portion thereof, enacted on or before the effective date of this Act that purports to impose regulations or restrictions on licensees or handguns and ammunition for handguns in a manner inconsistent with this Act shall be invalid in its application to licensees under this Act on the effective date of this Act. This Section is a denial and limitation of home rule powers and functions under subsection (h) of Section 6 of Article VII of the Illinois Constitution.
(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13.)

That's quite helpful! I'm going to use that, as well as some of the other things I've been gathering, and put together a "You're doing it wrong" letter; I might even have an attorney look at it and give me some pointers, as well as possibly having them put it on their letterhead to give it some legal legitimacy oomph behind it for convincing purposes.

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#429 chicagoresident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

These are private companies, they can refuse sale for whatever personal reason they want as long as it's not on the basis of you being a protected class.

I bought a handgun with a 14 round magazine from CDNN. Then I tried to order a 15 round magazine and was refused. Posted the exact law saying 15 round was legal. They still refused.

Refusal of sale could be for an arbitrary of a reason as you pay taxes that support an anti second ammendment city, county, or state.

Luckily with the state of the gun industry you won't see these resellers be as discriminatory.

#430 kato669

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Just purchased 1000 rounds from massammo.com and 1000 American Eagle from TargetSports USA.  Both in 9mm

Both shipped to Chicago (West town) with no issues and other than a big UPS transport issue with massammo.com (which wasn't their fault and they quickly resolved, thanks!) both transactions were great.  I'll purchase from both vendors again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, online retailers, ammunition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users