Photo

Rep. Brandon Phelps to Resign Due to Health Concerns?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,494 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Trying to confirm this story through other means but the Disclosure has this story.

Facebook link

Rep. Phelps was instrumental in passing the concealed carry law and has been a strong supporter of Second Amendment issues.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Owch.

He needs a 21 gun salute for his service. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#3 tnertb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

That stinks 

#4 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

He will be missed. I had the pleasure to talk with Brandon while lobbying in Springfield. He is a down to earth guy listens and who understands our problems. Wow Springfield wouldn't be the same without him.
NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#5 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Well, that is a great misfortune for the state, and for the 2nd Amendment protection in it specifically.

Who else is a staunchly pro-firearm Democrat in this state? Are there really any besides him?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#6 Windermere

• 1,073 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

So how long until they revoke all of our licenses?

#7 ragsbo

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Heard it on the TV news tonight. He would have had good challenger this election with Patrick Windhorst, our county states attorney. Good guy, strong conservative. I think he would have had a good chance of beating Phelps. Yeah he did push for concealed carry but in the end he did bow to Madigan and vote with him.

#8 FarmHand357

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Trying to confirm this story through other means but the Disclosure has this story.

Facebook link

Rep. Phelps was instrumental in passing the concealed carry law and has been a strong supporter of Second Amendment issues.

Yes he was and will be sadly missed...

Punish the crime, not the freedom

#9 Awan

Migrated out of Illinois

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

It would be good for the state to have a Republican win the seat. This will be the only way to get rid of majority D's and Madigan.

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view.

An Indiana resident with a life-time carry permit!

Boomer Sooner

#10 Palm22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

Phelps sealed his fate with his vote for the tax increase and his co tinued support of Madigan.

#11 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Well, that is a great misfortune for the state, and for the 2nd Amendment protection in it specifically.

Who else is a staunchly pro-firearm Democrat in this state? Are there really any besides him?

There aren't many in his district that are anti gun.

#12 sirflyguy

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

I would venture to say that many of the D's in his district are appalled at what their D leadership has done to the state.  

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC)

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#13 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 7,963 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

I would venture to say that many of the D's in his district are appalled at what their D leadership has done to the state.  

If northern IL dems were like southern IL dems, we'd all be a lot happier.

#14 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,719 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

If northern IL dems were like southern IL dems, we'd all be a lot happier.

I really wouldn't even consider northern Illinois democrats to be democrats. They are some weird, political cultish collection of corrupted clowns unto themselves that most non-Chicago-area democrats I know wish were not part of their party.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users