Photo

What auto-opening knife are you going to buy?

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#331 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

Law Weapons in Naperville  is having a sale this month:
https://www.facebook...?type=3

Big fan of Law Weapons - really looking forward to the opening of their super-range/store.
Not to derail the topic, but more info on new store/range? I had heard that mentioned a couple years back but, like so many times at various LGS, nothing further.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#332 Odinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Law Weapons in Naperville  is having a sale this month:
https://www.facebook...?type=3

Big fan of Law Weapons - really looking forward to the opening of their super-range/store.
Not to derail the topic, but more info on new store/range? I had heard that mentioned a couple years back but, like so many times at various LGS, nothing further.

I believe my dedicated client status got me an investor prospectus from them and that had some great details including floor plans.  Spending the next day or so with my Dad in the hospital but I will take a look and if not Confidential, I could forward it on to you - PM me?

I do remember comparing it to Disneyland with Loud Noises.

#333 cls74

• 2,906 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Keep it simple, not sure I trust to carry it outside of a sheath. Have always had good dealings with Buck and I use my knives so wanted function more than a sheath queen. c8ae1fc97f156a2a177c17f603958b8e.jpg844019b92a2c8ce0b3daea85e7e0c074.jpg Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#334 OldMarineVet

• 2,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

Congratulations. Still one of the most beautiful knives after these years (I have a 110.) And now updated in place with newest technology! I don't know anybody who has this automatic yet. Will it be your EDC? Have you ever carried any other automatics before? I'd be interested in your review in a few months if you don't mind.

#335 cls74

• 2,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

I have to come up with a sheath that will work without a belt. I don't wear belts normally and usually carry in back pocket, been carrying the Case equivalent of the 110 and recently went with a cheap spring assist for one handed opening.

Without a functional safety I would not feel comfortable carrying in a pocket. The actuator button is somewhat recessed but it still releases with relatively light pressure. It's surprisingly sharp and would rather not have a flesh test performed on the buttocks or leg with front pocket carry.

#336 OldMarineVet

• 2,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:45 PM

Just thinking. My 110 came with a sheath (I hear the young guys laugh at the old guys who wear the sheath on the belts :) ) Looks like the 110 still comes with a sheath. It's a nice thick one... but not flexible...maybe still be able to fit in your pocket? Made for the 110...

https://www.buckkniv...nife/0110FAM01/

#337 OldMarineVet

• 2,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Just saw this video with a similar looking sheath. Did your knife come with this sheath?

#338 cls74

• 2,906 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Yes, it came with a black leather sheath. Could probably modify it a bit. 

From reviews I read, when they first released the auto version the snap on the sheath was exposed on the inside and a few were complaining about the brass bolsters getting scratched from it. The apparent fix by Buck was to put a fairpy thick spacer on the inside around the back of the snap. The knife fits extremely tight, definitely a two handed removal from the sheath if not secured to the belt or by some other fashion.

I might pick up another sheath, maybe try to find the one that came with my Case and see if I can make something work.

#339 kemikos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

There are a ton of leatherworkers on Etsy selling pouches and cases for 110's; I got a great "automatic opening" sheath for my 112 from one. I'm sure one of them could make you a slipcase that would work... Or maybe a "sticky"-type pouch would help keep the pouch in place when you draw the knife? 

https://www.remoraho...om/accessories/

#340 OldMarineVet

• 2,108 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

deleted

Edited by OldMarineVet, 02 December 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#341 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

There were a couple posts about the kershaw launch series in here, has anyone bought any? My snap-on dealer carries kershaw and I was thinking about picking up a few and giving them as Christmas gifts. Did some research and they are made in USA. They seem to be pretty well built.
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#342 papa

• Members
  • 5,581 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

There were a couple posts about the kershaw launch series in here, has anyone bought any? My snap-on dealer carries kershaw and I was thinking about picking up a few and giving them as Christmas gifts. Did some research and they are made in USA. They seem to be pretty well built.

I bought the Launch 6. It is well made . There isn't a lock on it though if that makes a difference and it takes getting used to so that you can fire it and it will lock every time in open position.

#343 spu69

Firearm and Motorcycle Enthusiast

• 1,028 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

I got a launch 5. Sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#344 jackinelgin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

I got a launch 5. Sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Launch 5 here also=works great.

#345 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,247 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Well then, looks like I'll be picking up some launch series autos. Thanks guys.
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users