Chicago Air Show/Chicago Beaches: Off Limits?

soylentgreen

Chicago's beach's are maintained by the Chicago Park District. Wadda you think?
Being managed by a park district and being a park under the control of a park district are two different things, the latter of which is what's specified in the FCCA.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Molly talking about this a year or two ago, and that the beaches (if not posted) are ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Chicago's beach's are maintained by the Chicago Park District. Wadda you think?

Being managed by a park district and being a park under the control of a park district are two different things, the latter of which is what's specified in the FCCA.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Molly talking about this a year or two ago, and that the beaches (if not posted) are ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I agree completely but wanted opinions of the folks here. Parks are banned by statute. A beach, even when controlled by a park district, is not a park.

Thanks, this seems to provide the answers I'm looking for. I will be practicing my right to protect my family at the beach this weekent.

Concealed means concealed.

Yeah? That doesn't mean you can go into prohibited places. If you're cool with violating the law even if no one finds out, more power to ya!

If power = rights, then that is good. Especially when it stems from God-given rights and the Second Amendment. They could pass a law that says you can't go to church on Sunday. Are you staying home?

Could it fall under the special event issued a permit? Their FAQ does say:

2. What items are prohibited from being brought onto festival grounds?

Alcoholic Beverages

BBQ Grills (Open Flames)

Fireworks or Explosives

Illegal Substances & Weapons

Pop-up Tents/Canopies

Balloons

Kites

Flag Poles

All Pets (except Service Animals

Failure to comply with the above may result in entry being denied. All containers will be subject to search. Bicycles may not be ridden on festival grounds.

Could it fall under the special event issued a permit? Their FAQ does say:

2. What items are prohibited from being brought onto festival grounds?

Alcoholic Beverages

BBQ Grills (Open Flames)

Fireworks or Explosives

Illegal Substances & Weapons

Pop-up Tents/Canopies

Balloons

Kites

Flag Poles

All Pets (except Service Animals

Failure to comply with the above may result in entry being denied. All containers will be subject to search. Bicycles may not be ridden on festival grounds.

So, legal substances and weapons are allowed under those rules!

Carry on.

Yeah? That doesn't mean you can go into prohibited places. If you're cool with violating the law even if no one finds out, more power to ya!

If power = rights, then that is good. Especially when it stems from God-given rights and the Second Amendment. They could pass a law that says you can't go to church on Sunday. Are you staying home?

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby.

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it. Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

Well, if that's the case, why do you have a CCL? Huh? You're telling me it's a right to carry where ever I want because it's an inalienable right...but I don't see you taking your own advice.

I believe owning a gun is a right. I even believe carrying it is a right...as in open carry. I don't believe concealing one is a right. That's a privilege. The problem with the rights some profess is that the government doesn't agree and they're willing to prosecute you and give you jail time over it.

Archived