CC Appeal

Hello-

Had a question about the conceal carry appeal. I had my FOID card revoked this caused my CC application to be denied. I now have my FOID active again but am past the 60 days and according to the appeal application it states:

I understand that pursuant to 20 ILAC 1231.170, this review must be requested in writing within 60 days of notification of the revocation/suspension/denial of my Concealed Carry License/Application. If I do not request a review within the 60-day time limit, I understand I will be required to re-apply for a Concealed Carry License. I also understand my request will not be processed until all requested documentation is received by the Illinois State Police, Firearms Services Bureau, Appeals Unit.

Like I said I am past my 60 days so I sent an email and got this response:

Reapply is not an option. You will need to make an appeal for your CCL.
Respectfully,
Illinois State Police
Firearms Services Bureau
Concealed Carry Unit

Has anyone dealt with this? I assume I will be denied again due to the time limit. Any insight appreciated!!

Thank you!!

you may request informal administrative review of the denial by logging into the Concealed Carry Portal via the ISP website (www.isp.state.il.us) and click on the ''Request Review'' button. This satisfies the written request for administrative review to the Department as required by the Department's Administrative Rules (20 ILAC 1231.170( :cool:(1)).

I suggest you log into your CCL account and click on the "Request Review" button. If that does not work, let me know. If it allows you to submit documents showing your FOID was restored, be sure to have them scanned and ready to upload all at the same time. The portal to submit documents might close once you hit the submit button.

Thanks! It says appeal under review-Hopefully it works out, appreciate the help :)

Good luck man! Let us know how long it takes before you hear back.

I'm going out on a limb here but with a screen name of "Tiffany Nicole" I'm guessing it's not a man.......

But now a days I could be wrong, just saying!

Good call didn't notice.

• 6 months later...

Archived