State Rep Arrested For Carrying While Revoked

Lou

Makes one wonder if he followed the law while at his office (see door)...

It appears to be non compliant. If his FOID was still active (probably not) he would be covered under the FOID act.

Golly shucks Mabel, he was sure lucky they only charged a misdemeanor, He must have the same lawyer as Sen. Trotter..

If his FOID expired, then his CCL would have been revoked. When renewing the FOID, the CCL does not automatically get reinstated. A Request for Review must be sumbitted for the CCL to be reinstated . . . maybe he didn't do that or it hadn't been processed when the officers called it in?

Maybe he'll work to get that fixed so that when the FOID is renewed, the CCL automatically is reinstated? Nah, probably won't.

If his FOID expired, then his CCL would have been revoked. When renewing the FOID, the CCL does not automatically get reinstated. A Request for Review must be sumbitted for the CCL to be reinstated . . . maybe he didn't do that or it hadn't been processed when the officers called it in?

Maybe he'll work to get that fixed so that when the FOID is renewed, the CCL automatically is reinstated? Nah, probably won't.

MollyB ya beat me to this one.

This is a case of I’ll be ok even though I have NO idea how the system I helped put in place works.

Once a FOID expires I would guess everyone should or does know that the CCL becomes null and void!

Cause it clearly states in the statute that you must have a valid FOID to apply and get a CCL. (Or both at same time)

He will slide on this one, and we (IC) should be on top of it.

If he gets a pass on a expired FOID then everyone in Illinois should be getting a pass.

Many threads here have been about those who forgot to renew the FOID and let it expire.

And those folks got no relief from taking the class over and spending additional fees!

In a fair world this would spur him to sponsor a realistic “fix the FOID” bill.

Something among these lines:

If you have a FCCL you no longer need a FOID card.

Or

If you are required to have both a FOID and an FCCL they are both valid for the same length of time and expire both at the same time.

Or

Pass constitutional carry. <dreaming here>

Why was his license revoked?

That is exactly the question I want to know.

Also, in situations such as this, legislators should absolutely know better, and if it's not some completely innocent mistake, he should be removed from office and barred from every participating in any capacity that involves public funding again, including lobbying.

You forgot one thing. This is a case of "for me but not for thee".

MollyB ya beat me to this one.

This is a case of I’ll be ok even though I have NO idea how the system I helped put in place works.

Once a FOID expires I would guess everyone should or does know that the CCL becomes null and void!

Cause it clearly states in the statute that you must have a valid FOID to apply and get a CCL. (Or both at same time)

He will slide on this one, and we (IC) should be on top of it.

If he gets a pass on a expired FOID then everyone in Illinois should be getting a pass.

Many threads here have been about those who forgot to renew the FOID and let it expire.

And those folks got no relief from taking the class over and spending additional fees!

If he gets that "pass", it could also be used as a precedent for others like that college kid who had valid paperwork.

So, on the one hand we have a Chicago legislator who isn't as hard core pro-2A as we are but at least owns a firearm and understands the importance of concealed carry.

On the other hand, we have this effort to destroy that man and completely alienate him from the cause, before we actually have full details.

I don't think I understand the purpose of this. Has anyone actually talked to him?

So, on the one hand we have a Chicago legislator who isn't as hard core pro-2A as we are but at least owns a firearm and understands the importance of concealed carry.On the other hand, we have this effort to destroy that man and completely alienate him from the cause, before we actually have full details.I don't think I understand the purpose of this. Has anyone actually talked to him?

The full details (id go with his story, it seems pretty plausible) is that the system caused him some massive problems (getting arrested over a clerical error because his FOID expiredbefore CCL, and CCL was revoked due to it and he didnt go through the proper process to reinstate it). He releases a statement defending his vote on Fix the FOID, which we all know is just more garbage and red tape (and to what happened to him, less time between renewals, which will make what happened to him more common). He then proceeded to say to someone pressing him on FB what was posted (not me. I killed off my FB account earlier this week). Also, being a civil rights attorney, hes acting as though the individual pressing him doesnt have the right to do so and suggests they should have their guns taken. As an elected official, not cool.

Hopefully he soaks it all in and as a new member of the ILGA, understands that if he wasnt seated in January that the situation for him would have gone much differently (even though it was only an error).

So, on the one hand we have a Chicago legislator who isn't as hard core pro-2A as we are but at least owns a firearm and understands the importance of concealed carry.On the other hand, we have this effort to destroy that man and completely alienate him from the cause, before we actually have full details.I don't think I understand the purpose of this. Has anyone actually talked to him?

The full details (id go with his story, it seems pretty plausible) is that the system caused him some massive problems (getting arrested over a clerical error because his FOID expiredbefore CCL, and CCL was revoked due to it and he didnt go through the proper process to reinstate it). He releases a statement defending his vote on Fix the FOID, which we all know is just more garbage and red tape (and to what happened to him, less time between renewals, which will make what happened to him more common). He then proceeded to say to someone pressing him on FB what was posted (not me. I killed off my FB account earlier this week). Also, being a civil rights attorney, hes acting as though the individual pressing him doesnt have the right to do so and suggests they should have their guns taken. As an elected official, not cool.

Hopefully he soaks it all in and as a new member of the ILGA, understands that if he wasnt seated in January that the situation for him would have gone much differently (even though it was only an error).

Yes, I'm familiar with the situation.

I guess the difference between us is that while you see only your perception of hypocrisy, I see that as a possibility but focus, instead, on the potential opportunity.

I would not like to destroy that potential before it's tested.

To me this is the perfect way to show how their laws work. Is there anyone here that knows this Representative ? A red flag complaint should be filed, he is to dangerous to be allowed to have firearms with his lack of knowledge of the licensing process that he helped create and supports...

The full details (id go with his story, it seems pretty plausible) is that the system caused him some massive problems (getting arrested over a clerical error because his FOID expiredbefore CCL, and CCL was revoked due to it and he didnt go through the proper process to reinstate it). He releases a statement defending his vote on Fix the FOID, which we all know is just more garbage and red tape (and to what happened to him, less time between renewals, which will make what happened to him more common). He then proceeded to say to someone pressing him on FB what was posted (not me. I killed off my FB account earlier this week). Also, being a civil rights attorney, hes acting as though the individual pressing him doesnt have the right to do so and suggests they should have their guns taken. As an elected official, not cool.Hopefully he soaks it all in and as a new member of the ILGA, understands that if he wasnt seated in January that the situation for him would have gone much differently (even though it was only an error).
Yes, I'm familiar with the situation.I guess the difference between us is that while you see only your perception of hypocrisy, I see that as a possibility but focus, instead, on the potential opportunity.I would not like to destroy that potential before it's tested.

The opportunity is there 100%. Since he is the victim in this case (which he 100% is), it would be best for him to not start making statements like he did to the individual on FB. He also commented that he will talk to anyone about gun issues. And side note: the story is everywhere in the MSM and also on gun media platforms, this isn’t on me lol

The system is ridiculous and over burdensome.

He claims that his FCCL was revoked due to his FOID being expired. He claims it's a clerical error.

Yet, SCC says his FCCL expired and he failed to turn it in.

How much of a victim is he?

Trib says he renewed his CCL last year and his FOID in 11/16 (2 days before traffic stop). What looks like happened is that he possibly (no word on when his FOID expired and if he was late in renewing) let his FOID expire, renewed after it did, which would automatically cause his CCL to not be valid. If thats the case, he broke IL law regardless as he didnt go through the process to get his CCL active again.

Also, he could have renewed right at the deadline (say it expired the 17th) and the system pinged it back as revoked because it didnt process the FOID renewal yet.

Either way, FOID system is ridiculous and either needs to be tossed or a lifetime card be given. These renewals are ridiculous and nothing more than a cash grab for the state

GhDPBY8.jpg

Somehow, I'm of the opinion that when all is said and done, all this connected Chicago politician will have to do is receive his new and improved CCL in the mail, and let the charges drop.

All because of a 'clerical error'. Yeah, right.

He could have quacked like a duck and gotten his stuff just as fast, without any backlash for screwing up. He's a Chicago Pol, after all. Rules don't apply to him.....because he's special.

Then he can get back to making it harder for the serfs, plebes and proles to exercise their rights.

So, on the one hand we have a Chicago legislator who isn't as hard core pro-2A as we are but at least owns a firearm and understands the importance of concealed carry.On the other hand, we have this effort to destroy that man and completely alienate him from the cause, before we actually have full details.I don't think I understand the purpose of this. Has anyone actually talked to him?The full details (id go with his story, it seems pretty plausible) is that the system caused him some massive problems (getting arrested over a clerical error because his FOID expiredbefore CCL, and CCL was revoked due to it and he didnt go through the proper process to reinstate it). He releases a statement defending his vote on Fix the FOID, which we all know is just more garbage and red tape (and to what happened to him, less time between renewals, which will make what happened to him more common). He then proceeded to say to someone pressing him on FB what was posted (not me. I killed off my FB account earlier this week). Also, being a civil rights attorney, hes acting as though the individual pressing him doesnt have the right to do so and suggests they should have their guns taken. As an elected official, not cool.Hopefully he soaks it all in and as a new member of the ILGA, understands that if he wasnt seated in January that the situation for him would have gone much differently (even though it was only an error).Yes, I'm familiar with the situation.I guess the difference between us is that while you see only your perception of hypocrisy, I see that as a possibility but focus, instead, on the potential opportunity.I would not like to destroy that potential before it's tested.

Yeah people are oddly attacking him from our side when this is a great opportunity to politely explain how “fix the foid” would only exacerbate these issues by reducing the term to 5 from 10 years. Instead our side comes off nutty. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^*

Perhaps its time our side (ISRA/ILCarry) reaches out in a civil manner and attempts to make the points, as he will get no friends with MDA/ICHV from what happened. Its not like those attacking him on FB and such are representatives of ILCarry or ISRA. Theyre people doing it on their own, not on behalf of an organization

Archived