Ohio* - added 3-23-2015
Oklahoma*

South Carolina - added 9/12/2021 Illinois Resident License
South Dakota*
Tennessee*

Texas* - Added 4/29/2016
Utah*
Vermont*

Virginia - Added 7/1/2016 - Virginia now recognizes carry licenses from all states.

West Virginia* - Added 5/24/2016

Wisconsin - added 4/7/2014

Wyoming*
Puerto Rico - recognizes all states CCLs added 1/1/2020

* Permitless carry state
**Maine - IL residents may now carry without a CCL license in Maine except in the following areas. A CCL is required in these locations but IL CCL is not recognized under Maine's reciprocity requirement.

1. Acadia National Park
  2. State parks (open carry not permitted)
  3. Employees vehicles on work premises (vehicle must be locked and firearm must not be visible)

** New Hampshire does not recognize IL CCL but anyone over 21 who is not prohibited may carry concealed in that state.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

www.handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

• 5 months later...
The only state that isn't on that list that I would like to see is Colorado as my family has a cabin out there.
You and me both; I am a CO resident.

One, and only one, thing must happen for CO to recognize the IL permit of IL residents: IL must recognize the CO permit. That's the only requirement; no reciprocity agreement nor other formal document is required. So it's up to IL to make it happen.

Edited by Broadhead

The only state that isn't on that list that I would like to see is Colorado as my family has a cabin out there.

One, and only one, thing must happen for CO to recognize the IL permit of IL residents: IL must recognize the CO permit. That's the only requirement; no reciprocity agreement nor other formal document is required. So it's up to IL to make it happen.

Oh I'm sure they will make this a priority when the session starts.

What? Marijuana is legal there! This state will rob someone of their 2a rights for being a medical user. We can't have permit holders from a stoner state running around over here! (Purple)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

We can't have permit holders from a stoner state running around over here!

I understand and appreciate the jokes. Even with no mutual recognition, you can travel with a loaded handgun in your vehicle anywhere in CO, no permit required, and you can OC everywhere in CO, also no permit required, except in the People's Democratic Republic of Denver (long story). So come visit and bring your handguns!

Edited by Broadhead

We can't have permit holders from a stoner state running around over here!

I understand and appreciate the jokes. Even with no mutual recognition, you can travel with a loaded handgun in your vehicle anywhere in CO, no permit required, and you can OC everywhere in CO, also no permit required, except in the People's Democratic Republic of Denver (long story). So come visit and bring your handguns!

I would, and my wife has friends that live around Denver and has talked about a possible move (outside of Denver County of course). The thing is now there is that dumb 15 round mag ban to contend with.

The thing is now there is that dumb 15 round mag ban to contend with.

Insignificant. Magazines owned prior to the ban are grandfathered. All but a couple of the County Sheriffs have joined in a lawsuit challenging the new law; they know it's unenforceable and won't bother trying to enforce it. Plus few handgun models have 16+ round mags anyway.

The thing is now there is that dumb 15 round mag ban to contend with.

Insignificant. Magazines owned prior to the ban are grandfathered. All but a couple of the County Sheriffs have joined in a lawsuit challenging the new law; they know it's unenforceable and won't bother trying to enforce it. Plus few handgun models have 16+ round mags anyway.

I am thinking more about my rifle mags, however my G17 has 17 and 33 round mags so there is that as well. Maybe this would be an excuse to get a G20 in the future...

I am thinking more about my rifle mags, however my G17 has 17 and 33 round mags so there is that as well. Maybe this would be an excuse to get a G20 in the future...

Any magazines owned prior to the law (mid 2013) are legal. No way anyone can prove you bought them post-ban (which is required by the law). Of course, any excuse to buy another pistol is a good excuse! :)

Edited by Broadhead

• 2 weeks later...

i have utah (and soon be to Illinois - crossing my fingers). was considering applying for FL...but, any body have any intel on if Florida will reciprocate? Its over $100 to apply and if there will reciprocity I could potenially save $100 and ANOTHER card in my wallet. :)

My sincerest apologies if topic/question has been address before. I read the other linky but didn't see menton of FL.

Thanks all:

1. for this awesome forum of info.

2. great list of FFL's (that i ended up have an excellent experience with

3. for answering my question (if possible).

be safe my friends!!!

Edited by Chicagoster

Yep, Florida and New Mexico. From the Florida DOA. The Division of Licensing constantly monitors changing gun laws in other states and attempts to negotiate agreements as the laws in those states allow.

Correct, my quick check is that a FL CCW will also gain Florida and New Mexico (if someone already has UTAH CCW).

does anyone have insight on whether or not Florida will reciprocate with IL....thus saving us the process of applying for a FL ccw.

No one has any insight to answer your question.

While Florida might like to have an agreement with Illinois, their training requirements will probably not be good enough for Florida residents to carry in Illinois on a Florida permit. I think Florida requires a two way agreement (reciprocity) and is not likely to allow us to carry there with an Illinois permit.

If you wish to carry in Florida, you probably wanna get the Florida non-resident permit.

does anyone have insight on whether or not Florida will reciprocate with IL....thus saving us the process of applying for a FL ccw.

No one has any insight to answer your question.

While Florida might like to have an agreement with Illinois, their training requirements will probably not be good enough for Florida residents to carry in Illinois on a Florida permit. I think Florida requires a two way agreement (reciprocity) and is not likely to allow us to carry there with an Illinois permit.

If you wish to carry in Florida, you probably wanna get the Florida non-resident permit.

okay...thanks everyone for the quick responses...i'll plunk down the cash and go ahead and apply. my luck...and i give it 10-1 odds...as soon as i'm approved and get a FL CCW, they will announce reciprocity with IL. :)

thanks again all! much much appreciated!