its going to get worse before it gets better

Tvandermyde

"This being Illinois", and affirming that I think banning bump stocks is wrong, can we get something for compromising (getting screwed) on bump stocks? Suppressors and SBRs?

We already have SBRs (at least they pretty much get ATF approval as long as you are not in Cook county depending on your location). Get your C & R license.

I agree.

DESPITE:
* The White House with Trump

* The House with republican majority

* The Senate with republican majority

* 36 states with republican governors and/or republican majority legislatures

The left STILL have tons of power to make things happen. If we had a REAL two party system, this would not be the case.

It's been pointed out in another thread, that semi-autos have been around for like a hundred years! And yet these mass shootings are a fairly recent development. How stupid do you have to be to not see the disconnect there?! The workings of a semi-automatic rifle have not changed in a hundred years! What has changed is how children are parented. What has changed is how discipline is administered in our schools! What has changed is how we treat criminals in our justice system.That is what has changed in the last few decades and now we suddenly have mass shootings. Coincidence?

As Todd said, there's a mentality that we just need to do something -- anything. Why are these folks that are desperate for a solution to the problem wanting to fix that which has never been broken? Semi-automatic rifles used to work just fine and how they function has never been changed! It's the people that have changed and now it seems it is dangerous. It's when you allow just a very few people to operate it that others are hurt or killed. Why is that? Why are we thinking we need to ban a rifle that has functioned perfectly for decades, but a few people have misused it in a manner that is against the law to begin with?

Thanks for sticking with us however you could. I heard you this morning on Proft's show. As for ISRA, i wish i could read their emails but the text is too small and wont resize :(

I wrote to them about that years ago!

Richard P has the best optometrist in Illinois. Copy their mail to word or an email client and blow it up to about twelve words on the page. Works well enough until I find the cheaters!

Thanks for sticking with us however you could. I heard you this morning on Proft's show. As for ISRA, i wish i could read their emails but the text is too small and wont resize :(

I wrote to them about that years ago!

Richard P has the best optometrist in Illinois. Copy their mail to word or an email client and blow it up to about twelve words on the page. Works well enough until I find the cheaters!

Yeah they said the same thing. Doesn’t work so well on the phone! If it was anyone else I’d unsubscribe.

Something else most may not have considered. The NRA has their hands full with the convention originally slated for Dallas. This Florida school shooting goes down and the leftist mayor of Dallas says they cannot have their convention there. I seem to recall another convention the NRA had to reschedule on short notice and set up elsewhere a few years ago. It is almost like the left has potential shooters whacked out on mind altering drugs, then every few years one of them is pushed over the edge and we are again on defense.

The convention will be in Dallas.

One grandstanding politician does not move it. And he's not the mayor. He's the pro-tem

We used to have an NSSF rep didn't we? I thought a NSSF representative actually came to Springfield once - I can't remember... but this gun dealer licensing thing should be right in their wheelhouse right?

I mean, I know that they mainly left the heavy lifting to the NRA on general Second Amendment issues, but the Gun Dealer Licensing is directly affecting FFLs, dealers and distributors. I thought they stepped up when businesses were being affected...

Todd

Your statement:

Add to that we can't even get endorsements for A rated candidates out of HQ when we have a primary less than 30 days away. And I will tell you that HQ doesn't know how to handle Illinois any longer. the guys running state and local have never lobbied a bill start to finish, nor overrode a veto of a governor. They have no clue what this fight looks like from the ground where I am standing.

This is having a profound impact on those in difficult primarys. Some are unable to defeat the lies being spread by their opponents even though the have 100% pro second amendment voting records.

Look for NRA endorsements tomorrow!

We used to have an NSSF rep didn't we? I thought a NSSF representative actually came to Springfield once - I can't remember... but this gun dealer licensing thing should be right in their wheelhouse right?

I mean, I know that they mainly left the heavy lifting to the NRA on general Second Amendment issues, but the Gun Dealer Licensing is directly affecting FFLs, dealers and distributors. I thought they stepped up when businesses were being affected...

Yes, we do and I think he does a great job.

As for the earlier comment about "Illinois carry is still largly an on line community", between our team here on the forum and our subscribers to the alerts, we have a very large number of boots on the ground - statewide - who are dedicated to knowing and contacting their legislators. That's not just an online community, that's face to face contact with the legislators in their offices, on the phone, and showing up at their town hall meetings. It's also volunteers devoting thousands of hours keeping an eye on legislation, court cases, and news events.

Aside from being the most effective communication network in the state for Second Amendment issues, we also write and move legislation in Springfield, work closely with the top Second Amendment attorneys in the country procuring legal representation for plaintiffs for some of the most renowned cases in our history, and have an unprecedented working relationship with the Governor and ISP. ….Just sayin… to say IllinoisCarry is largely an online community is a mischaracterization of not only IllinoisCarry’s role but of thousands of dedicated people who happen to use modern day tech to communicate with each other.

As for the earlier comment about "Illinois carry is still largly an on line community", between our team here on the forum and our subscribers to the alerts, we have a very large number of boots on the ground - statewide - who are dedicated to knowing and contacting their legislators. That's not just an online community, that's face to face contact with the legislators in their offices, on the phone, and showing up at their town hall meetings. It's also volunteers devoting thousands of hours keeping an eye on legislation, court cases, and news events.

Aside from being the most effective communication network in the state for Second Amendment issues, we also write and move legislation in Springfield, work closely with the top Second Amendment attorneys in the country procuring legal representation for plaintiffs for some of the most renowned cases in our history, and have an unprecedented working relationship with the Governor and ISP. ….Just sayin… to say IllinoisCarry is largely an online community is a mischaracterization of not only IllinoisCarry’s role but of thousands of dedicated people who happen to use modern day tech to communicate with each other.

^^ Amen to that

Aside from being the most effective communication network in the state for Second Amendment issues, we also write and move legislation in Springfield, work closely with the top Second Amendment attorneys in the country procuring legal representation for plaintiffs for some of the most renowned cases in our history, and have an unprecedented working relationship with the Governor and ISP. .Just sayin to say IllinoisCarry is largely an online community is a mischaracterization of not only IllinoisCarrys role but of thousands of dedicated people who happen to use modern day tech to communicate with each other.

Thank you, Molly.

To elaborate just a little, the three legal cases that got us to where we are today are Heller, McDonald and Shephard.

It was someone here at Illinois Carry that was responsible for recognizing what strong Second Amendment rights cases Otis McDonald and Mary Shephard had and connecting them to the attorneys who fought and won those cases.

Without those those two court decisions Illinois would still be in the dark ages.

How about creating one large "parent" group that includes all the organizations? That used to be the NRA but looks like not so much anymore.

The NRA was never that.

IC is, was, and shall remain to be the most effective firearms rights group in Illinois. It is because it exists as a group of members, not as a group with members.

This remains to be true because IC has an unwavering, hard line stance on the 2A, and the forum where the members exchange ideas is properly moderated.

No other group even comes close to mobilizing as much grassroots action as IC.

NSSF shows up only after their members complain that they are not there and then it is of minimal value

NSSF shows up only after their members complain that they are not there and then it is of minimal value

Wow. That has not been what we've seen.

When Illinois Carry and the new Firearm Dealers association get done crapping on each other or other organizations, perhaps more time can be spent on the actual problems. This type of sniping is exactly what someone like Harmon hopes for and wants. And this repeated concern about holding cards close to the vest is amazing. Does anyone really think the anti-second amendment people are so stupid that they can't feel out and see what the Governor might do or what ways there may be around any specific legislation. Never underestimate your opponent.

Will our republican governor sign an assault weapons ban?

Will our republican governor sign an assault weapons ban?

It's an election year. Best to hold those cards close to the vest.

If he did, he'd have NO chance at reelection, if done before the primary. He'd lose a lot of republican votes and lose the primary.

If after that, he might still hold some votes, in a lesser of two evils capacity, but I think he would still lose a large amount of republican votes.

I'm hoping that if worse case comes to be (real bans would be catastrophic), it is no worse than banning larger cap mags in rifles.

If he did, he'd have NO chance at reelection, if done before the primary. He'd lose a lot of republican votes and lose the primary.

If after that, he might still hold some votes, in a lesser of two evils capacity, but I think he would still lose a large amount of republican votes.

I'm hoping that if worse case comes to be (real bans would be catastrophic), it is no worse than banning larger cap mags in rifles.

If he did veto that kind of bill, should it pass, that would occur well after the Primary.

When Illinois Carry and the new Firearm Dealers association get done crapping on each other or other organizations, perhaps more time can be spent on the actual problems. This type of sniping is exactly what someone like Harmon hopes for and wants. And this repeated concern about holding cards close to the vest is amazing. Does anyone really think the anti-second amendment people are so stupid that they can't feel out and see what the Governor might do or what ways there may be around any specific legislation. Never underestimate your opponent.

It's one of the reasons I rarely participate here anymore.

Archived