Renewals have begun

Response from ISP:

If it is available they can apply. The note was for FOID renewals. We

have not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card.

Response from ISP:

have not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card.

Response from ISP:

The last sentence says it all. That's bull****. We could get screwed out of months of our original 5 years. It may not seem like much but based on the number of FCCL holders and one to two months of $$. The state could be skimming MILLIONS of dollars out of us.

Response from ISP:

The last sentence says it all. That's bull****. We could get screwed out of months of our original 5 years. It may not seem like much but based on the number of FCCL holders and one to two months of $$. The state could be skimming MILLIONS of dollars out of us.

And that surprises you why? It is also not surprising to me they didn't have things in order before they put it on the web site. Jim.

Response from ISP:

If it is available they can apply. The note was for FOID renewals. Wehave not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card.

Response from ISP:

If it is available they can apply. The note was for FOID renewals. Wehave not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card.

Works out to $2.50 per month. $Less than a penny a day! $

Yep, roughly $2.50 per month and let's say there are 300,000 card holders. That's $750,000 if everyone is screwed out of only one month.

That's $1.5 million dollars if everyone loses 2 months. Great scheme by the ISP. They're doing this with FOID cards also. Individually it's not much but but cumulatively it's big dollars.

They need to change the way their doing things or we should consider a class action lawsuit.

Just went on and renewed, site now says "Under review", very simple process, answer a few questions, upload certificate and picture and pay.

As far as the lost months, at the next renewal I'll be 75, so there are no guarantees anyway.

You know that's the way I was looking at it. 😀

Just went on and renewed, site now says "Under review", very simple process, answer a few questions, upload certificate and picture and pay.

As far as the lost months, at the next renewal I'll be 75, so there are no guarantees anyway.

You know that's the way I was looking at it.

Just received a email from ISP confirming my application.

Response from ISP:

Response from ISP: If it is available they can apply. The note was for FOID renewals. Wehave not updated it yet for CCL. We have not sent out anything publicly re CCL as we wanted to be sure everything was working. Appriss still has a few more releases. Yes, they can put in their renewal. Folks do need to keep in mind, their card expiration date will be 5 years from the effective/issued date of the new card - not a continuance from the first card.The last sentence says it all. That's bull****. We could get screwed out of months of our original 5 years. It may not seem like much but based on the number of FCCL holders and one to two months of $$. The state could be skimming MILLIONS of dollars out of us.

Works out to $2.50 per month. $Less than a penny a day! $

It's about 8 cents a day.

You know that's the way I was looking at it.

Just received a email from ISP confirming my application.
Me too. Under Review with expiration 2/28/19. I also have USPS informed delivery so in around 90 days I should get an email.

Mine expires towards the end of March. Figured I'd wait until after the elections and see if Prikster gets elected. If he does, I may just wait to see how things go before I fork over the money. Or I might save my money for a move out of state. If Rauner is reelected, I'll do it right away.

Just sent in my renewal. Pretty straight forward except for minor glitches.

My instructor e-mail was in all caps and when I had to verify it it wouldn't accept it unless the verification was in all caps.

I had a hard time remembering that my password had a special character.

Now lets see how fast it comes.

Just like before it states 90 days with prints and 120 days without. Crazy huh! Some of the form is filled in like the Prints area if they were submitted before.

Yep, roughly $2.50 per month and let's say there are 300,000 card holders. That's $750,000 if everyone is screwed out of only one month.

That's $1.5 million dollars if everyone loses 2 months. Great scheme by the ISP. They're doing this with FOID cards also. Individually it's not much but but cumulatively it's big dollars.

They need to change the way their doing things or we should consider a class action lawsuit.

There is NO reason to renew early. With the way they’re doing it, I don’t plan to submit until Feb 1 for my Feb 28 expiration. The law allows me to carry past the expiration if I’ve submitted and am otherwise legal to carry. I won’t give this state an extra penny for this “licensed right” since they won’t renew from the expiration date.

There is NO reason to renew early. With the way they’re doing it, I don’t plan to submit until Feb 1 for my Feb 28 expiration. The law allows me to carry past the expiration if I’ve submitted and am otherwise legal to carry. I won’t give this state an extra penny for this “licensed right” since they won’t renew from the expiration date.

I agree completely. You have the exact same plan that I decided to do earlier today. I will renew 30 days prior to my expiration date.

The big question is will they extend our expiration date or will they keep it as 2/28.

Just like before it states 90 days with prints and 120 days without. Crazy huh! Some of the form is filled in like the Prints area if they were submitted before.

Which still makes me wonder if there is a 30 day LE objection period. If not, why cant they do renewals in 60/90 days?

I don't really get why they can't be done within a few days.

I just renewed mine. Expiration is 2/28 but wanted to get it over with. I couldn't uncheck the FOID box, I suppose because I never got a new FOID the first time and the numbers didn't match. I wonder if they will cancel the current one and I won't be able to buy any more guns till the new one is issued. Guess we'll find out.

I agree completely. You have the exact same plan that I decided to do earlier today. I will renew 30 days prior to my expiration date.

The big question is will they extend our expiration date or will they keep it as 2/28.

I look at it this way. The extra time will allow fixing any glitches that occur. Any accidental omissions or wrong buttons hit or something that should’ve been submitted but it wasn’t can be corrected with plenty of time. And since the application has been submitted even if a major glitch comes up your permit will still be valid after expiration for the statutory extended period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived