Renewal and Change of Address

67vtx1800

My CCL will be expiring in early April. I have relocated in state, I was planning to change my DL in late February or March depending on the sale of my home that I am leaving. Can I change the address of my Foid and CCL concurrently with my CCL renewal or is this a multi step process that requires my Foid and CCL address to be changed first? If these are unique events as I suspect, then what is the lead time to change the address?

If the current card expires while waiting for approval, is the current card still good until a determination is made on the renewal? Common sense would dictate that it would be..... However, with this whole joke of a process, I wouldn't be surprised if my original card is annulled.

I know it's a bit of nail biting over nothing. I have never had to display or report my CCL status to date. But.... as my luck goes, a traffic event will get me carded and then tased.

Yes, you can change your address when you renew, just make sure you renew within 30 days of updating your drivers license. This is exactly what I just did back in November.

When you do the CCL renewal, at the address history page, just add your new address as your current one, then finish the renewal app as normal.

This will renew your CCL, as well as update the address for your CCL and FOID, all for just the cost of renewal.

And yes, if your CCL expires while you're waiting on the new card, it's still valid, as long as you renew *before* the expiration date.

Archived