Renewal Process - GSL

Craigcelia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was the first group that got a permit i expire march 1 what a pain

Mine expires on February 28. (Just saying)

Mine too.I will be logging in to check tomorrow as it’s 5 months to the day. I know those who can will post here.

Before I would begin to contact legislators or the ISP about this, I would give them a whole lot more leeway. My CCL expires 2/27/2019. I will begin checking for the renewal button Oct. 1 just because I would like to see when it appears.

I plan to renew Jan. 1, if the option is available. If not, as long as I renew before expiration date, I'm good.

Before I would begin to contact legislators or the ISP about this, I would give them a whole lot more leeway. My CCL expires 2/27/2019. I will begin checking for the renewal button Oct. 1 just because I would like to see when it appears.

I plan to renew Jan. 1, if the option is available. If not, as long as I renew before expiration date, I'm good.

I do not understand the mystery about the renewal process. If we do not ask our legislators for clarification what other course of action is available?

I do not understand the mystery about the renewal process. If we do not ask our legislators for clarification what other course of action is available?

What's mystery?

I suspect (yes hoping) the renewal will be handled as a lost/replacement license.

Wouldn't 60 days out handle that?

My Utah renewal was less than 30 days.

Molly did say when she spoke with ISP, they would be ready for the renewals.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67980&p=1134982

Remember, this 5 month thing is not confirmed, so don't count on it. It was just an article written by GSL.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67980&p=1130974

I'll give it some time myself.

What's mystery?

When can I renew? Will there be a waiting period? As an instructor will I need to submit fingerprints again? I can think of more.

What's mystery?

When can I renew? Will there be a waiting period? As an instructor will I need to submit fingerprints again? I can think of more.

As far as we know:

When the renew option appears on the ISP portal.

Waiting period?

Anyone who submitted fingerprints the first time will not need to submit them again.

What's mystery?

As far as we know:

When the renew option appears on the ISP portal.

Waiting period?

Anyone who submitted fingerprints the first time will not need to submit them again.

Molly,

Do you happen to know if instructors need the 3 hour class that they are teaching i.e. do we have to go through the process of signing our own certificates? When I got my CCW as an instructor I dis not need the certificate.

Thanks

Molly,

Do you happen to know if instructors need the 3 hour class that they are teaching i.e. do we have to go through the process of signing our own certificates? When I got my CCW as an instructor I dis not need the certificate.

Thanks

Instructors are listed in the statute as being exempt from the training requirement as long as they have current teaching credentials and an IL concealed carry license from IL or their home state.

Molly,

Thanks

Instructors are listed in the statute as being exempt from the training requirement as long as they have current teaching credentials and an IL concealed carry license from IL or their home state.

Thanks Molly, appreciate the info.

Archived