Photo

Call to Action 3/26/2017 - Witness Slips & Phone Calls Needed!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Call to Action

Witness Slips Needed

Witness Slip Instructions

In our Call to Action last Sunday, we asked for your witness slips opposing 4 bills: HB280 Protection Order Issuance, HB504 FOID Terrorist Watchlist, HB1810 Use Tax Firearms, and HB2541 Gun Dealer Licensing.

While we are happy to report that HB1810 has been tabled, the other three remain a threat, as does HB2720 FOID Card Private Sale which seeks to eliminate the very reason the FOID Act exists as an all encompassing background check allowing the private sale of firearms, including handguns sold away from the premises of a gun store. This bill is nothing more than another attempt to further restrict gun sales in Illinois.

Today, however, we again limit our alert to only 4 bills.

HB2354 Lethal Order of Protection is a bill currently eligible for a final action vote in the House. If passed into law, it would create a California style system of protection orders that simultaneously duplicates existing Illinois law while also creating new barriers. It proposes to curtail inclusion of the accused and the person making the accusations from participation in the legal process. Instead of respecting due process, sections of this bill propose to put the entire process in the hands of bureaucrats, even against the wishes of the person they claim to represent.

Please continue to call your Illinois House Representatives, voicing your opposition to HB2354. Contact information can be found here.

In addition to phone calls on HB2354, we ask for your witness slips opposing its Senate equivalent, SB1291 Lethal Order of Protection, as well as HB2541 Gun Dealer Licensing and its equivalent in the Senate, SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing.

The dealer licensing bills, both scheduled in committee the afternoon of 3/28/2017, seek to not only close Illinois gun stores, but to harass the owners of stores that survive and to erect barriers to the establishment of new gun stores. They target both retail and wholesale operations, as well as gun smiths who simply repair, refinish, or engrave firearms.

Though concern continues for all of these bills, it is not currently possible to file witness slips against HB280, HB504, and HB2720. We will monitor these closely and ask you to be prepared to file additional witness slips opposing them, possibly with very little notice.

File Witness Slips Now!

In order to avoid completing each field manually, Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip. If you do not wish to create an account, simply click on each witness slip link and complete the required fields manually:

I, IDENTIFICATION: Enter your personal information. Enter "NA" for the Firm/Business or Agency and Title fields unless you are officially representing an organization.

II. REPRESENTATION: Enter "Myself" unless representing an organization.

III. POSITION: Unless instructed otherwise for a particular bill leave the description field at its default value "Original Bill". Indicate your position by selecting the "Proponent" or "Opponent" radio button.

IV. TESTIMONY: Select the "Record of Appearance Only" radio button.

If filing manually, complete the Captcha challenge and agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.

Then click Create Slip.

Oppose

SB1291 Lethal Order of Protection - OPPOSE

SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing - OPPOSE

HB2541 Gun Dealer Licensing - OPPOSE

###

#2 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Witness slips can be tracked here:

#3 FF1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Done

#4 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Supporting Members Team
  • 9,180 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'm glad I checked because I had done them already.  

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#5 stockboyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Done

#6 tracker366

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

Done...

#7 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

All three done.

"I can't spare this man. He fights."  Abraham Lincoln

#8 Chuck43

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Done

Getting older is like a walk in the park where nobody has bothered to pick up after the dogs.

#9 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Done and shared on social media. 

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#10 AFA

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

Done

#11 Googe1227

• Members
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Done
"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." - James Madison
NRA, ISRA, GOA, SAF

#12 Jimmy9Fingers

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

I checked as I thought I did this a week or two ago. I have a receipt in my profile, but am no longer listed as filed a witness slip. I re submitted, but have to wonder what happened to the original submissions. I will be contacting my state senator tomorrow to ask her this question unless someone here can shed some light on this. 

#13 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:28 PM

Witness slips can be tracked here:

The opposition is beating us by about 5 to 1 on this one. Let's hit it hard!

#14 Bushy223

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Finally got it done, Mauser. x2

"There is no explanation for evil. It must be looked upon as a necessary part of the order of the universe. To ignore it is childish, to bewail it senseless. "
— Somerset Maugham

#15 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,558 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

So gun dealer licensing is what they are pushing hard on 

#16 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

It sort of looks like they're pushing protection orders more from the House side and dealer licensing more from the Senate side.

#17 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

I checked as I thought I did this a week or two ago. I have a receipt in my profile, but am no longer listed as filed a witness slip. I re submitted, but have to wonder what happened to the original submissions. I will be contacting my state senator tomorrow to ask her this question unless someone here can shed some light on this. 

I asked Mauser via PM if I should re-submit. He yes account witness slips being "reset" after the hearing date.

#18 1700715

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

If you look at the proponent section on HB1291 most of them have created multiple witness slips under the same name, whereas the opponents did not. Amazing at the lengths the anti gunners will go through. Anyhow, all witness slips submitted and opposed.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,

Is strong enough to take everything you have.

-Thomas Jefferson-

#19 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

I asked Mauser via PM if I should re-submit. He yes account witness slips being "reset" after the hearing date.

Yep, if your witness slips are a week or more old they need to be redone.

The older slips become part of the legislative record but don't have any influence on the current hearings.

#20 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

It sort of looks like they're pushing protection orders more from the House side and dealer licensing more from the Senate side.

I find it hard to believe that the anti-gun side's in-state engagement grew so much since last year. If you get my drift.

#21 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

I find it hard to believe that the anti-gun side's in-state engagement grew so much since last year. If you get my drift.

I think the fact that California protection orders is a nationwide push for them is pretty obvious.

#22 springfield shooter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

I think the fact that California protection orders is a nationwide push for them is pretty obvious.

Has the California law you mention been litigated? 

#23 rmart

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I always go to the printer friendly link and search to see if my family and I have done ours. If they're in there I leave them alone. If not I resubmit.

We need to get a better showing for SB1657

NRA Endowment Life Member

ISRA Member

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Father of two great kids and husband of one great wife

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars... ~unknown

The problem is not guns! It's hearts without God, homes without discipline, schools without prayer, and courts without justice. ~unknown

"A general dissolution of the principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." ~ Samuel Adams 1779 to James Warren

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster

How much can you put in your signature before it becomes too long??

#24 FarmHand357

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Wow, first one is closer than I would like, we are getting smoked on the second batch of slips, and the opposition doesn't seem to care about the third...

Punish the crime, not the freedom

#25 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,558 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

I am guessing ARS sent out a notice asking for people to sign this, I got one from them last time they made a big push

#26 ScopeEye

• 1,294 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

I'm in as usual

#27 X Ring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Done X 2

Life member: NRA, Aurora Sportsmans Club
Member: GOA and ISRA
Remember when the enemy is within range so are you! When in doubt empty the entire mag!

#28 Nanook

• Members
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

I'm in again, also did them earlier this month. 

“A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices.” -- George Orwell

#29 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

Has the California law you mention been litigated?

Not that I'm aware of.

#30 snooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

Done