Trump to ban bump stocks within two-three weeks.

Raw Power

Trump doesn't truly love the second amendment as he has claimed in the past. This is plain for all to see. The statements he's made about it are like everything else he says/does. Just to gain support of the people he needs to put him in power.

I've been meaning to design (Inventor) and 3D print one of these stocks, and a ban might give me the kick in the pants needed to do so.

We have communicated IllinoisCarry's concerns about this 'news' with the White House.

Their response:

Valinda,

We hear this VERY valid concern. We are working with our policy folks on it and will touch base with you this week or early next week to discuss further.

Thank you for using your available channels to do this. I am hopeful you will hear positive news back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmmm ???

Written in such a way to surely get challenged AND overturned with even BROADER protections by the Supreme Court and it’s newly appointed Justices ?????

Like 3-D printed guns?

Maybe his is just not a big 2A guy?

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

And twice now Trump has flirted with an assault weapons ban. Once with Feinstein, and also during the last time he ran for POTUS.

Yeah, it's a "genius strategy" and Trump loves the 2nd Amendment. Whatever helps you justify your support for this guy, I guess.

That's my thought on it, too. Some people really love Trump and will not believe anything bad about him, no matter what. Trump is an immoral man in his personal life and a dishonest one in his business life. He said in one of his books in plain English that he supports AWB, so don't be too surprised to see that after the next lunatic shoots up a school and Trump decides he needs to burnish his image.

Hmmmmm ???

Written in such a way to surely get challenged AND overturned with even BROADER protections by the Supreme Court and it’s newly appointed Justices ?????

Like 3-D printed guns?

Maybe his is just not a big 2A guy?

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

And twice now Trump has flirted with an assault weapons ban. Once with Feinstein, and also during the last time he ran for POTUS.

looks like he's making good on that promise...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/luis-valdes/white-house-school-safety-commission-recommends-gun-confiscation/

If Obama was doing this, there would be a small, vocal group of people calling for armed rebellion... Trump does it, and they defend him.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/luis-valdes/white-house-school-safety-commission-recommends-gun-confiscation/

If Obama was doing this, there would be a small, vocal group of people calling for armed rebellion... Trump does it, and they defend him.

That is human nature. For people who supported him to admit that he did not do what they expected him to do would be to acknowledge their flawed reasoning and decision-making ability. That is a very hard thing for anyone to do.

Trump is a pathological liar and an immoral sleaze.

Hmmmmm ???

Wishful thinking. He is doing it knowing that it will open the door for other bans in the future. Ted Cruz was right about Trump. And he has no intention of building the wall and has been playing his supporters for two years.

“Either Trump never intended to build a wall and was scamming voters from the beginning or he hasn’t the first idea in how to get it done and no interest in finding out,” conservative author Ann Coulter told TheDC in an email, adding “my prediction is his support will evaporate and Trump will very likely not finish his term and definitely not be elected to a second term.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/19/trump-blowing-wall-opportunity/

I'm a Trump supporter and this is BS! I think in the end it's a political calculation. In the court of public opinion, bump stocks are like kryptonite. I think you'll find no politicians are willing to stand up and say "I SUPPORT BUMP STOCKS!!!" It's likely Trump just doesn't want to get beat up anymore over wanting "children to die". This was low-hanging fruit as a way to diffuse criticism.

I don't own any bump stocks and see no reason to own one. I think they're a novelty at best. And, you can still bumpfire your AR without one. I still think they should be legal (I think full auto should be legal). And there DEFINITELY needs to be some grandfathering for existing bump stocks. Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. The government can't require you to destroy your property that was legal to own when you bought it. If they want to take it, they have to compensate you. That's in the constitution.

Is Trump a lying immoral man? Yup. What's your point?

That is human nature. For people who supported him to admit that he did not do what they expected him to do would be to acknowledge their flawed reasoning and decision-making ability. That is a very hard thing for anyone to do.

Trump is a pathological liar and an immoral sleaze.

......and Hillary was a pro gun advocate.

I'm a Trump supporter and this is BS! I think in the end it's a political calculation. In the court of public opinion, bump stocks are like kryptonite. I think you'll find no politicians are willing to stand up and say "I SUPPORT BUMP STOCKS!!!" It's likely Trump just doesn't want to get beat up anymore over wanting "children to die". This was low-hanging fruit as a way to diffuse criticism.

I don't own any bump stocks and see no reason to own one. I think they're a novelty at best. And, you can still bumpfire your AR without one. I still think they should be legal (I think full auto should be legal). And there DEFINITELY needs to be some grandfathering for existing bump stocks. Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. The government can't require you to destroy your property that was legal to own when you bought it. If they want to take it, they have to compensate you. That's in the constitution.

While I'm not a Trump supporter, a lot of that was my take as well.

I find bump-stocks useless....and I can't see a single GOP politician wanting to stand up for bump-stocks.

I'm fine with them being banned, but I despise HOW this is going about. That was my whole point of defending the process, not the product.

If you want to look like a true gun-nutter ammo-sexual....go to your next town hall, stand up, and demand bump stocks.

This needs to be legislated, and IF this becomes a law, there needs to be compensation and a grandfather clause.

What I think needs to be done is that firearm instructors need to start offering "How To Bump Fire Any Firearm" classes, for a nominal fee that just covers the cost of teaching the classes, as a matter of protest. And then those of us who support Constitutional rights can make donations to those instructors. I'll gladly forego a couple of boxes of ammo to make the point.

Then, what shooters should do is have events like the Henry Repeating Arms' thousand-man shoot, where hundreds and hundreds of people get together and bump fire, without bump stocks, their firearms.

This needs to be done repeatedly, and the most amount of media coverage possible obtained, to highlight the stupidity of this kind of regulation.

I find bump-stocks useless....and I can't see a single GOP politician wanting to stand up for bump-stocks.

I'm fine with them being banned, but I despise HOW this is going about. That was my whole point of defending the process, not the product.

If you want to look like a true gun-nutter ammo-sexual....go to your next town hall, stand up, and demand bump stocks.

This needs to be legislated, and IF this becomes a law, there needs to be compensation and a grandfather clause.

Trump (a New York democrat) now has millions of run rights supporters defending gun control how ironic.

I hope you Fudds dont plan on having me defend sniper rifles being banned when they come for your bolt action with a scope on it. Because i dont see any need for a civilian to own a sniper rifle thats where i draw the line... good luck fellas.

9cf1419dde5508c7b4c7618ad18908da.jpg

Trump (a New York democrat) now has millions of run rights supporters defending gun control how ironic.

I hope you Fudds dont plan on having me defend sniper rifles being banned when they come for your bolt action with a scope on it. Because i dont see any need for a civilian to own a sniper rifle thats where i draw the line... good luck fellas.

9cf1419dde5508c7b4c7618ad18908da.jpg

LOL....so NOW Trump is a NY Democrat?

Every time I see one of these Fudd posts, I laugh. The definition seems to be "Anyone less pro 2A than me".

Like I said, next town hall, go there...stand up, state your name, and demand your bump stock while holding your "I heart bump-stocks" sign. Hopefully we will see you on TV.

The funny part is that no many how many times I say the PROCESS is a wrong.....you all want to jump to the product.

Outside of the most intense gun owner, there is ZERO support for the product. Why? Because it isn't a firearm. It is a part strictly made to get around machine gun laws. I know that. You know that. The Feds know that. Even non-gun owners know that. It has no practical application except to get around a law as a toy novelty.....or to spray bullets (at close range) because it is so inaccurate.

What I think needs to be done is that firearm instructors need to start offering "How To Bump Fire Any Firearm" classes, for a nominal fee that just covers the cost of teaching the classes, as a matter of protest. And then those of us who support Constitutional rights can make donations to those instructors. I'll gladly forego a couple of boxes of ammo to make the point.

Then, what shooters should do is have events like the Henry Repeating Arms' thousand-man shoot, where hundreds and hundreds of people get together and bump fire, without bump stocks, their firearms.

This needs to be done repeatedly, and the most amount of media coverage possible obtained, to highlight the stupidity of this kind of regulation.

Then the antis will use that against us and say semi automatic rifles can be converted into automatic. They already lie and blame them and classify semi automatic rifles as automatic "assault weapons" and want to ban them even though only 3% of murders are committed by them. Semi automatic pistols will be next for them to ban and they'll call them "assault weapons" just like the rifles. They already call and classify semi automatic shotguns and some pistols as "assault weapons" and have banned them in some cities and states with money from Bloomberg.

Then the antis will use that against us and say semi automatic rifles can be converted into automatic. They already lie and blame them and classify semi automatic rifles as automatic "assault weapons" and want to ban them even though only 3% of murders are committed by them. Semi automatic pistols will be next for them to ban and they'll call them "assault weapons" just like the rifles. They already call and classify semi automatic shotguns and some pistols as "assault weapons" and have banned them in some cities and states with money from Bloomberg.

No, what it will do is render their arguments of "just this" entirely moot and in non-compliance to the Supreme Court rulings in Heller and McDonald, as well as showing that Miller is fatally flawed, as well, in positing that there is a substantial benefit for clamping down on even actual full-auto weapons.

Bump stock is not a machine gun replacement. There is no such thing as a replacement for that. The bump stock is equivalent to a VFG, a flash suppressor, a 30 round mag. Just another gun part.

Come on man.....

This isn't the HuffPost message board where you are trying convince some "anti" that has never touched a firearm before. We all know what the sole purpose of a bump stock is. No one is replacing their adjustable stock/grips with a much more expensive bump-stock because it feels better.

Maybe they are out there, but I've yet to see a pro 2A House or Senate member stand up for bump stocks since the ban. I've checked the NRA website home page and.....nada.

Bottom line is that no one cares enough about them to bother defending them. Argue the process....but don't die on the hill defending this particular product.

This is about what I've found so far:

Why Isn’t the NRA Screaming About the Bump Stock Ban?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bump-stock-rule-771259/

NRA Distances Itself from Bump Stock Ban: Current Owners Should Be Allowed to Keep T

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/18/nra-distances-itself-bump-stock-ban-current-owners-should-allowed-keep-theirs/

Bump stock is not a machine gun replacement. There is no such thing as a replacement for that. The bump stock is equivalent to a VFG, a flash suppressor, a 30 round mag. Just another gun part.

Come on man.....

This isn't the HuffPost message board where you are trying convince some "anti" that has never touched a firearm before. We all know what the sole purpose of a bump stock is. No one is replacing their adjustable stock/grips with a much more expensive bump-stock because it feels better.

Maybe they are out there, but I've yet to see a pro 2A House or Senate member stand up for bump stocks since the ban. I've checked the NRA website home page and.....nada.

Bottom line is that no one cares enough about them to bother defending them. Argue the process....but don't die on the hill defending this particular product.

I'll tell you why it matters, because before the Los Vegas murders, the number of antis who knew what a bump stock was was about 0.01 percent. The sensationalism of the reporting following the murders is the only reason why antis know that these items exist, and they will ban them as fast as they can, just like the "shoulder thing that goes up" in regards to those "deadly" barrel shrouds.

The antis don't know what anything they want to ban actually does. They just know that they want all firearms and firearm parts banned. They don't care how, and they don't care if the acts are blatantly unconstitutional. Fudds, and people who say "I don't care about bump stocks" are missing the point. Martin Niemöller understood... and if you don't, read up on your history.

This whole Fudd thing is comical.

Right now the "Fudd's" would be the NRA and every elected politician in America....including POTUS.

Ya'll should probably direct your anger at them.....

Here is the NRA's comment on it all.

We are disappointed that this final rule fails to address the thousands of law-abiding Americans who relied on prior ATF determinations when lawfully acquiring these devices. As we recommended to the ATF in our comments on the proposed rule Congress made it possible for the Attorney General to provide amnesty for firearms regulated under the National Firearms Act. The Attorney General should have exercised that authority to provide a period of amnesty under this rule.

Come on man.....

Let's talk process a bit.

When Congress effectively banned civilian ownership of machine guns they did so in an environment that had included Gatling Guns for several decades. Yet, they wrote a definition of the term "machine gun" that does not apply to Gatling Guns, meaning rate of fire was not part of their intent.

You might argue that taking rate of fire into consideration in today's world makes sense to you, but since the law was written in a way that ignores rate of fire it would require new legislation to include it today.

I was a Trump supporter until now and it's not BS, even Obama didn't do that. Opinions don't matter, people's rights and the Constitution matters and you cannot calculate people's rights away one step at a time because of what one criminal did and punish 500,000 law abiding people and turn them into felons.

People have been brainwashed by the propaganda used for an agenda, bump stocks are not kryptonite but a piece of plastic that should not be blamed and banned. Nobody is beating him up about it, so if Trump gets beat up about AR-15 rifles he should do the same thing? It sets a bad precedent and we would have no rights left when a Democrat becomes president.

I agree with you about ex post facto and what they're doing is illegal and ignoring the constitution, Congress's authority, people's rights. Didn't the ATF already evaluate bump stocks in 2010 and decide it wasn't a machine gun? What happened to the rule of law, they're becoming a laughing stock and are showing laws can be ignored if you don't like them and turning this country into a banana republic.

Archived