Gerber Covert Automatics $109 shipped

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

I use the safety for locking it open.  Too easy to hit the tall release button while using.

#32 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Why can't I edit my previous post?

Need to be a supporting member ($25) otherwise can only edit a post for something like 5 minutes.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#33 SycamoreRuger

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

The Gerber Covert model (left) is a little big for EDC but it's a solid no-nonsense knife. Yes, it opens a little slower than some knives, but when it snaps open it does so with an authoritative "thunk" instead of a "snap" sound that smaller knives make.

The Covert Mini (center) is nice and lightweight, probably half the weight of my Kershaw 1810 and perfect for EDC. It would be nice to have an automatic knife between the size of the two Gerbers though.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180112_142308.jpg

Edited by SycamoreRuger, 12 January 2018 - 05:29 PM.

#34 QueenStiletto

• 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Sycamore ruger that’s a great picture.
Sounds like you need a Gerber Propel to round out your collection it’s 3.5 inches.
Maybe put a drop of oil on the pivot pin of the big Covert they come dry from the factory. They are really not known for their slow opening. Gerber tells me the covert is there number one selling knife with Law Enforcement.

Queen Stiletto Switchblades Hassle Free Sales to Illinois FOID, fast shipping.

www.QueenStiletto.com

#35 QueenStiletto

• 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

To answer your complaint:
You’re welcome! All you have to do is buy a new knife from me every time you plan to visit one of those “glitter establishments” and you have an instant alibi. For the record I am an actual girl and a little girly by nature.

For the slow opening try a drop of oil on the pivot pin.

Why can't I edit my previous post?

A couple add ins:  The opening is not as quick as I expected.  Maybe a little use and that will change.  Also, I could probably loosen the screw slightly to take off a little pressure.  Being new to this type of blade, do they all have safety's?  I prefer without.  No complaints here just things I'm quickly noticing.

OK onto my complaint:  The packaging was done much nicer than I have ever wrapped a gift.  There has to be some better paper you can use.  Preferably something that doesn't contain glitter.  I have 4 girls that I go home to.  Two of them are well aware what establishments like to go crazy with glitter.  If I'm gonna get in trouble for visiting one, I at least want to visit one.  Don't get me in trouble.

Queen Stiletto Switchblades Hassle Free Sales to Illinois FOID, fast shipping.

www.QueenStiletto.com

#36 Mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

Just want to say that this knife immediately became my favorite daily carry knife.  Great size/weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users