Marion, IL MDA community fair “safety” event

steveTA84

I stopped by for about an hour. The safety event was indoors but I didn’t go in. I stood outside and talked to three local 2A supporters for a while and hardly anyone went in or out of the building.

One of the 2A guys went inside earlier and said it was very slow inside. There was a local TV guy there, he came out of the building with his camera and got in his car without talking to us.

One of the Moms in a red MDA shirt stopped and chatted for a few minutes. She was pleasant and said she is pro-2A and a gun owner, but that she is just concerned about keeping guns away from children. Maybe she doesn’t know their full agenda, I’m not sure.

I stopped by for about an hour. The safety event was indoors but I didn’t go in. I stood outside and talked to three local 2A supporters for a while and hardly anyone went in or out of the building.

One of the 2A guys went inside earlier and said it was very slow inside. There was a local TV guy there, he came out of the building with his camera and got in his car without talking to us.

One of the Moms in a red MDA shirt stopped and chatted for a few minutes. She was pleasant and said she is pro-2A and a gun owner, but that she is just concerned about keeping guns away from children. Maybe she doesn’t know their full agenda, I’m not sure.

Many don’t know the full agenda, they break them in slowly (new members).

Start at 2:30

https://news.wsiu.org/post/local-group-plans-community-safety-fair#stream/0

Make sure you listen all the way through to where she talks about having the gun at the ready. She suggests storing ammo separate from the firearm, because you can have the gun ready in 30 SECONDS in an emergency.

Its also clear that she is the southern IL MDA lead. Heres your ace of spades for your area, S. Illinois

So when are we holding a pro-2nd event in Chicago?

Been there done that. SAFR several times at the Thompson Center.

That's more of a rally. I'm talking about pro-2nd amendment training classes and safety outreach. There used to be .22 ranges in the basements of several public schools in the city. There's no reason that can't happen again.

Start at 2:30

https://news.wsiu.org/post/local-group-plans-community-safety-fair#stream/0

Make sure you listen all the way through to where she talks about having the gun at the ready. She suggests storing ammo separate from the firearm, because you can have the gun ready in 30 SECONDS in an emergency.

Its also clear that she is the southern IL MDA lead. Heres your ace of spades for your area, S. Illinois

Left a comment on that page. :D

No real photo opportunities, event was spread out throughout the facility with only a smattering of people here and there, maybe a dozen or so. Metal detector at the entrance.

Program schedule different th an advertised.post-195-0-16764900-1562436935_thumb.jpg

A couple of dedicated souls defending our rights out front!! Thank you guys.

I’m sorry I missed you! Hopefully I will see you August 3.

Start at 2:30https://news.wsiu.org/post/local-group-plans-community-safety-fair#stream/0

Left a comment on that page. :D

Lol!!! Nicely done

So when are we holding a pro-2nd event in Chicago?

Been there done that. SAFR several times at the Thompson Center.

That's more of a rally. I'm talking about pro-2nd amendment training classes and safety outreach. There used to be .22 ranges in the basements of several public schools in the city. There's no reason that can't happen again.

The sheriff's department has done that for years, and they do a good job. Neither they, nor the state's attorney were apparently invited...hmmmm, I wonder why?

Archived