Get a Permit from another state threads

Chris

Where can I go to get printed for a Florida permit? Looking at their website it makes it seem like you need electronic finger prints that are taken in Florida.

Paper and ink are acceptable - you just have to find somewhere to do them. A lot of local Sheriffs and Police Departments will do them for a small fee, but not Chicago/Cook County. You can request fingerprint cards from the FL Dept of Agriculture website. They only accept electronic fingerprints from Florida sources.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and myself mailed our Az. applications on 03/01/2014. We chose not to include our social security numbers on the application. Our payment was with a money order so we have no idea when the payment was processed.

Still waiting.

Applied for Illinois ccw permit 01/19/2014, No prints (89 days but who's counting) .

Still waiting.

My parents, may they rest in peace, always told me that I would NEVER be good at anything.

I wish they were still around to see that at the very least I've gotten real good at "waiting".

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I go to get printed for a Florida permit? Looking at their website it makes it seem like you need electronic finger prints that are taken in Florida.

Paper and ink are acceptable - you just have to find somewhere to do them. A lot of local Sheriffs and Police Departments will do them for a small fee, but not Chicago/Cook County. You can request fingerprint cards from the FL Dept of Agriculture website. They only accept electronic fingerprints from Florida sources.

Note that the FL fingerprints must be done by a LEO. Then, the application must be notarized, something I've heard a lot of people neglect.

Just trying to help.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well, that sucks. The wife and I are very seriously considering to Philly for a year.

Edit: CCW is still showing Utah res and nonres permits good in Pennsylvania still. My Utah res permit is the only one I have that is valid in Pennsylvania.

Not any more, PA honors only resident permits and none (resident or non-resident) from Utah. http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Guys, where did you get your fingerprint cards done for Arizona or Florida? I might call the PD where my dad worked and see if they can hook me up but if there are other options in Chicago/Cook that would be easier.

Not any more, PA honors only resident permits and none (resident or non-resident) from Utah. http://www.handgunlaw.us/

The PA Attorney General is drafting a reciprocity agreement with UT. However, it will only apply to residents of both states. See here:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

"Utah and Pennsylvania are currently negotiating a formal reciprocity agreement (Category 1) that when agreed to would permit residents of Pa. and Utah to have their permits recognized in each other's states."

Kwc, can you do what you do with your state and I'm do what I can with my state. Utah's biggest problem with getting this going right is the illegal contribution scandal for the last 2 AGs. The current guy was just appointed instead of elected due to his boss being removed from office. This is the same scandal Harry Reid is tied up with. Feds are investigating Reid.

The following is what I experienced on the timing on my Florida License. I also posted this under the Florida License thread.

Mailed app on 3/28/14.

FL Website indicated receipt of app on 3/31/14.

FL Website indicated license was issued on 5/13/14.

Received license in mail on 5/19/14.

Woot! Total of 54 days from date of mailing application to receiving license in the mail.

Well, that sucks. The wife and I are very seriously considering to Philly for a year.

Edit: CCW is still showing Utah res and nonres permits good in Pennsylvania still. My Utah res permit is the only one I have that is valid in Pennsylvania.

Walk in to the Centre County Sheriff's office, walk out 20 minutes later with PA non-res license.

I was cruising this thread, and I want to verify something. I have my Illinois FCCL, Utah CCW and would like to add Florida to the collection (wife and I plan to go there in the future).

Am I correct that the training I have (IL, Utah, and Hunter's Safety) will satisfiy the training required by Florida? I can get the picture of myself, and am going to ask around local LE departments for the prints.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, something like that ........................

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Concealed-Weapon-License/Acceptable-Training-Documentation

Fingerprinting varies from pd to pd so call around.

Also let them know that you'll be bringing in your own fingerprint cards. Florida will supply you with the fingerprint cards when you request the Florida CCW packet from the dept. of agriculture.

I think I had the pd stamp the fingerprint card on the reverse side of the prints with the pd stamp before I got printed. There's youtube video's on this.

I'd bet your app. is already in the mail for a week or so ......... lol ......... good luck ! ! !

• 1 month later...

For those that applied for the AZ permit, did they accept your Illinois training certificate? I applied a few weeks ago and they just sent my application back because the certificate did not have the instructors NRA number on it. The default Illinois certificate only lists their curriculum ID and instructor ID#. I don't want to go take another class just to receive a document with a NRA instructor number on it.

With more and more states recognizing IL permits everyday, is there still are reason to get one from another state? Won't almost every state recognize IL soon?

A handful of states will never recognize the Illinois CCL unless Illinois reciprocates. As the FCCA is currently written, Illinois has no provision to reciprocate or to recognize licenses from any other state.

I think it is helpful to have a permit/license from another state or two to expand your travel options. Of course, if some form of national reciprocity is adopted, that would offer the best path to universal recognition.

With more and more states recognizing IL permits everyday, is there still are reason to get one from another state? Won't almost every state recognize IL soon?

Not without radical change in reciprocity/recognition in either Illinois, or all the other states. Or something like a Federal recognition law.

There are three, maybe four more states that are possibilities to recognize Illinois licenses (MN, VA, TX, remote possibility of NM). Other states require reciprocal recognition, and in some cases formal agreements neither of which are currently possible under the existing Illinois law.

There has been a trend the last few years for states changing to "recognize all permits" for non-residents - Kansas, Iowa and Alabama for examples. So there might be a few of those in the future.

Another thing to consider is that not everybody that enforces the law is aware of every state their jurisdiction recognizes or reciprocates. If you've been paying attention, then you'd see that recognition and reciprocity agreements tend to change also. You don't want to be some place and have them no longer recognize your permit/license and end up being accused of violating the crime because you have old info. Imo, if you are going to be in another jurisdiction for an extended amount of time you should consider getting that jurisdictions nonresident permit or license to avoid unnecessary problems.

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." -Norman Schwarzkopf

A student that recently completed a 16 HR CCL class with me and had an issue. He is moving to FL as a permanent resident. The statutes require him to notify the ISP with a notarized signed statement informing them of the new information. He is also required to pay the fee ($75). According to the ISP he must surrender his IL CCL and FOID and cannot be issued an out of state permit since FL is not an ISP approved state. At the present time only Hawaii, S. Carolina, New Mexico and Virginia are the only states where residents can apply for an IL CCL.

A student that recently completed a 16 HR CCL class with me and had an issue. He is moving to FL as a permanent resident. The statutes require him to notify the ISP with a notarized signed statement informing them of the new information. He is also required to pay the fee ($75). According to the ISP he must surrender his IL CCL and FOID and cannot be issued an out of state permit since FL is not an ISP approved state. At the present time only Hawaii, S. Carolina, New Mexico and Virginia are the only states where residents can apply for an IL CCL.

All true, and consistent with everything many of us have heard over the past couple of months.

I didn't know the statement had to be notarized though.

Wait, let me get this straight. He still has to pay the $75 address change fee? So, he pays the $75 fee only to get his license canceled? Uh, OK, only in Illinois!

Archived