Urgent Call to Action 4/26/2017 - Gun Dealer Licensing is On the Move!

mauserme

Just got an email from NRA. It said the IL senate passed this bill by a vote of 30-21.

I assume the governor can veto this travesty, if he's so inclined?

He sure can and not enough to votes override a veto.

Hopefully it can get stopped in the House and not have to worry about it getting to the governor.

Hi guys and gals,

I try to follow along in the political stuff here, but the wording in the bills is above my pay grade. LOL

Anyway, I sent a letter to my (D) senator about this one, urging her to vote against. Where can I find how she voted? I'm more curious than anything else, as I didn't vote for her anyway. She seems like a pretty nice lady, but I was so involved in the presidential race, I did not follow the local races close enough. That's my bad.

Another question, if I may? So this thing passing today, will Governor Rauner veto it, if it does make it to his desk? I swear, up until his recent commercials, I haven't heard a peep from this man. It seems oddly quiet for a state in such a financial disaster. I love Illinois, as I was born and raised here. We raised our children here as well. I doubt if I'll ever leave, so I have to always try and look on the bright side.

Thanks for any replies, and thanks for all you folks do too.

Archived