Gun confiscation France

chicagoresident

Supposedly leaked document to regional police offices instructing on temporary confiscation of guns. Translated.

> From: Minister of the Interior

> To: Prefects of the police in departments and regions, Prefects of the police

> Subject: Initiation of procedures of confiscation of firearms of categories B,C and D pursuant to legislation 2012-304 of 6 march 2012.

> Due to the gravity of the current situation and expecting a worsening of the insurrection please put into place without delay the necessary procedures to confiscate all firearms of aforementioned categories held by citizens on the national territory.

> Local police and gendarmerie forces will carry out the confiscation and deliver receipts mentioning the date of the confiscation, type and number of seized weapons, information of the identity of the legal owner and [his] corresponding [firearm] permit numbers.

> This confiscation will be applicable for a period of 6 months, which it can be renewed, and after which the firearms should be returned to their owners.

> Special categories[?] and agents of the State authorized to keep and bear firearms will be exempted from the confiscation of their service weapons. [service weapons of state agents will not be confiscated].

> Local police forces will be responsible for storage and security of the stored weapons.

> Operational orders will be given to you in the next communications.

> /signed/

> Christophe Castaner

DSstTiw.jpg

Edited to show original document, can't confirm or deny authenticity as it's a supposed leak.

"Things are about to get real in France."

That's a concise statement that reflects my thoughts. If they use anything other than French police the ugly gets smeared across more of Europe.

Keep in mind the Hungarian populace is filling the streets in Budapest protesting the new overtime without pay law passed by their government.

The German and Austrian elections tell us that there's serious discontent in those countries surrounding immigration policy.

I don't think it would take much pushing on the people between France and Hungary to get them to all rise up until unision and demand change by rioting in the streets.

The reddit post had the scanned document. I pasted a translation of the alleged document.

Can neither confirm or deny the authenticity.

Someone that has more then highschool French knowledge might be able to find some clues by reading it in its native language whether it's real or fake.

In the EU guns are a privelage, not a right, so I wouldn't doubt that they'd be doing something like that. Probably more of a volantary turn in under penalty of getting your permit yanked rather then a door to door confiscation.

While the Gendarmerie are armed (police branch of the armed service) only some towns allow local police to be armed. So if the uprising does start shooting in some areas the police might not be able to return fire.

Breitbart mentions this statement from a town banning transportation of guns and ammunition.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/12/08/improvised-explosives-molotovs-found-by-french-police-on-eve-of-yellow-vest-protests

The prefect of Tarn-et-Garonne and the local prosecutor issued a statement following the discovery strongly condemning any violence ahead of Saturdays protests.

The Haute-Garonne prefecture has also banned the transportation of flammable, chemical, and explosive products including fireworks and firecrackers until Tuesday, December 11th, with special exemptions for professional reasons. The carrying of hunting weapons and ammunition has also been banned along with the sale and transportation of jerry cans and other fuel containers over the same period.

The yellow jackets are a pretty diverse group of all types of political factions. Both far right and far left. We've already seen jihadis taking advantage of the chaos, which aren't tied to any French political faction.

It's good to share this information. It's also good to question it. I always tell my children, trust but verify.

It's good to share this information. It's also good to question it. I always tell my children, trust but verify.

In this day and age forum/social media posts/leaks are as credible as CNN, Fox, or other outlets. Forum/Social media members are also usually the first to discredit or prove authenticity. They approach everything with a healthy dose of skepticism and critical thinking. Or sometimes, like a broken clock the tinfoil types are right twice a day.

The mainstream media rarely investigates anything anymore, they just dig up and discuss what they find on forums and social media. Genuine leaks and fake manufacturered propaganda are way more effective at changing public opinion.

So yeah, interesting, plausible, but will wait for a direct quote from an official.

In this day and age forum/social media posts/leaks are as credible as CNN, Fox, or other outlets. Forum/Social media members are also usually the first to discredit or prove authenticity. They approach everything with a healthy dose of skepticism and critical thinking. Or sometimes, like a broken clock the tinfoil types are right twice a day.

The mainstream media rarely investigates anything anymore, they just dig up and discuss what they find on forums and social media. Genuine leaks and fake manufacturered propaganda are way more effective at changing public opinion.

So yeah, interesting, plausible, but will wait for a direct quote from an official.

Hmmm What can we start for the media to pick up? "Democrats Quit! Pelosi and Shumer say their party will no longer seek political offices. "It's just too hard..." says an unidentified informer. "As long as there is another party that disagrees with us, it just takes too much energy, and we have to, like, think of stuff."

Archived