Illinois General Assembly 6/2/2019

mauserme

Looks like I will be making weekly trips into Wisconsin for gas sooner than later.

Also just got back from a road trip to FL, paid on average of about 75 cents less a gallon for gas than back home (Lake County) some stations were selling it for 90 cents less (used my Meijer app to compare back home local price) that is probably about $2 less a gallon then what people are paying in may areas of Crook County.

And after this road trip it's confirmed, there is no need to convience the wife that TN (maybe KY) is in our very near future, it's now time to fast track our get out of taxation heck.

It looks like everything takes effect immediately?

I dont think so. I think gas tax .19 increase is July 1, but still challenged finding the amount, schedule and times for increased registration, DL and other fee changes.

Sec. 3-806. Registration Fees; Motor Vehicles of the First

10 Division. Every owner of any other motor vehicle of the first

11 division, except as provided in Sections 3-804, 3-804.01,

12 3-804.3, 3-805, 3-806.3, 3-806.7, and 3-808, and every second

13 division vehicle weighing 8,000 pounds or less, shall pay the

14 Secretary of State an annual registration fee at the following

15 rates:

16 SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION FEES

17 REQUIRED BY LAW

18 Beginning with the 2021 2010 registration year

19 Annual Fee

20 Motor vehicles of the first division other

21 than Autocycles, Motorcycles, Motor

22 Driven Cycles and Pedalcycles $148 $98

24 Autocycles 68

Thank you! So the license fee does not take effect until 2021? That almost sounds too good to be true ... Maybe Pritzker plans to do an amendatory Veto changing the date when he signs?

What I read now says $50 plate registration increase is in the 2020 registration year so it sounds like Jan 1 renewals.

Thanks for the information. We have an emissions place a few miles from us. I usually do the sticker online or go downtown to the DMV there. Have the Senior Discount thing and only pay $25, plus free train ride! Of course now, the price will probably be more.

What is the age for the senior discount? I can not find it online.

Thanks for the information. We have an emissions place a few miles from us. I usually do the sticker online or go downtown to the DMV there. Have the Senior Discount thing and only pay $25, plus free train ride! Of course now, the price will probably be more.

What is the age for the senior discount? I can not find it online.

disabled or 65

https://www2.illinois.gov/aging/BenefitsAccess/Pages/Eligibility%20and%20Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

Archived