All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. The federal charges in this case were only about possession, not carry, since there's no such thing as federal carry laws.
  3. The Bevis/Barnett precedent at CA7 is now that Friedman is good law under Bruen. That's what will matter.
  4. Doesn’t this also put a stick in the eye of the need for “permission slips to carry for self defense and or protection of personal property”?
  5. I have an NFA regulated "rocket launcher", and a pretty little tax stamp to go with it. As I have told certain powerful people, there is no law against same in Illinois.
  6. Euler, even if they go en banc, how likely would Easterbrook's influence be diluted or diminished? Or would it be reinforced by additional liberals in the full court?
  7. Don't forget "mini-shells" as you can load more than 5 of them and make that 930 illegal.
  8. A quick update - the hearing date has been changed from 3/20/2024 to 3/21/2024. Witness slips survived the change, but keep 'em coming!
  9. Yesterday
  10. I believe Rock Island Auctions is an FFL 10. IL legal baby for the privileged few...
  11. darn it, that's twice this month I've put updates in the wrong place.
  12. Oops? Harrel isn't Herrera. The Harrel topic is locked, though, since the case was consolidated with Barnett in the Southern District. Herrera is a Northern District case out of Cook County.
  13. If this is the click-through agreement, wherein you have to check a box or you can't continue, it used to say only that you give the state full access to all your medical records (i.e., you waive HIPAA, but without mentioning HIPAA). If so, they've changed the wording to extend beyond all your medical records. Welcome to the modern era, comrade. You can have your rights, but only after you trade something for them.
  14. The waiver is only for the purpose of the CC background check. It wasn't at first, but we kicked up a storm and the wording was put in that it was only for this purpose. DO I think they would abide it...? Dunno, also I haven't seen that clause in a long time, and am not looking for it. Perhaps someone else will chime in. JQ
  15. Try an oven set to 425F and toss an unloaded Glock in for 15 to 30 minutes per side and report back on how the plastic holds up. 😇
  16. Now I want a firearm made of niobium solely for its melting point... 4473° F.
  17. At what temperature does my Glock melt?? 🙁🙁
  18. Steel melts at around 2600 deg F. depending on type. At 4200 the car and any other steel in it would melt. Metal Melting Temperatures of Common Engineering Materials (engineersedge.com)
  19. That's really only a Tesla problem.
  1. Load more activity