Illinois 3hr Renewal Certification & New Forms

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 John Q Public

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

Well, it looks like they got the 3hr cert out along with a Roster, new CCL Cert for 8-16 and checklist.  Have at it people... thoughts?

#2 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

In
Have all boated who fish?

#3 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:05 AM

The normal certificate is new as well, and must be used starting in July

Ya, that could be interesting for those who put off sending their stuff in. I know that many don't get around to it right away.

#4 AuroraInstructor

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

Molly B, is there any word on how soon renewal applications can be submitted? I have some people who are itching to get it done asap, fearing a backlog in the Fall / Spring.

http://IllinoisGunPros.com
http://facebook.com/...ealedCarryClass
State Certified Concealed Carry Trainer / NRA Certified Instructor

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,997 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

No official word but some instructors were told they could teach the renewal course and issue the certificate later when it became available. I would expect anyone due to expire in the early part of 2019, can take the course any time now. There's is no statue or rule stating the time frame.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Ya, that could be interesting for those who put off sending their stuff in. I know that many don't get around to it right away.

I think they mean for classes going forward. If somebody just finished a class over the weekend, they will still have the old certificate. Some might take up to a year to apply, they may be saving money, or waiting because they are moving to a new address, etc.

#7 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

Im curious as to renewal for instructors too. Any word on that Molly?

#8 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

I think they mean for classes going forward. If somebody just finished a class over the weekend, they will still have the old certificate. Some might take up to a year to apply, they may be saving money, or waiting because they are moving to a new address, etc.

Ya i agree but the ISP can be less than accomidating sometimes. As long as the date is. Before July xx then they should be good, but that doesnt mean tbey will be...

#9 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

I will renew any instructor who needs the class for just $50.

We should be exempt but i dont havent heard how to handle that yet. Maybe just a checkbox and you intructor number or some such thing.

If and that seems remote, instructors need a class, they can sit in mine for free.

#10 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

Ok, count me in :)

Stupid speelchick

Edited by Mr. Fife, 01 May 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#11 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Members
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:47 PM

As far as the renewal goes, are they going to force us to wait 90 days or do fingerprints to get them back in 30 days again?  

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#12 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,997 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

As far as the renewal goes, are they going to force us to wait 90 days or do fingerprints to get them back in 30 days again?  

If fingerprints were submitted originally, they do not have to be resubmitted.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#13 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

Fingerprints should be in the system still no? They don't really change...

#14 DD123

Freedom Lover

• Members
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Sweet!  Thanks Molly!

I didn't want to have to pay for prints again.  

Hopefully these training outfits are able to start up these classes soon so that I can get the training done and submit my renewal before the rush.  

Force and intimidation are the tools of tyrants.  - Ron Paul

If Democrats quit shooting people, "gun violence" would go down by 80%.......

Taxation is theft

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

#15 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:12 PM

I

Sweet!  Thanks Molly!

I didn't want to have to pay for prints again.  

Hopefully these training outfits are able to start up these classes soon so that I can get the training done and submit my renewal before the rush.  

This isn't the place to advertise, but I have mine up and running. I'm in Rockford, anything more, please take it to PM.

#16 TRJ

Joyful Stoic

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

I didn't do prints first time around, and don't want to do them upon renewal. In my opinion, prints are for cataloging criminals and people with top secret security clearances. I am neither. I'd sure think that getting the class and certificate done six months early should make a renewal license come in way before March 2019.

#17 John Q Public

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

I didn't do prints first time around, and don't want to do them upon renewal. In my opinion, prints are for cataloging criminals and people with top secret security clearances. I am neither. I'd sure think that getting the class and certificate done six months early should make a renewal license come in way before March 2019.

This only applies to instructors. We have to have ours done to become and instructor.

#18 Bushy223

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Two questions please:

1. When can instructors start using the new forms,specifically the completion certificate? I see they’re mandatory on 1 July, but can they be used now?

2. There have been questions about instructor renewal. Are we talking about renewal of an instructor’s FCCL, or renewal of the instructor’s CCT number/license?

Thanks in advance

Bushy

"There is no explanation for evil. It must be looked upon as a necessary part of the order of the universe. To ignore it is childish, to bewail it senseless. "
— Somerset Maugham

#19 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

All this talk about renewals made me look and my license to carry expires in June of next year...I need to find a renewal course.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users