"Law Enforcement Objections" Question

RyanMB

I'm currently within the first 30 days of my application period and don't expect to have any issues, but I do have a technical question. I don't live anywhere near Cook, but I do have a pretty common name. Could Cook County object me, or only local PDs to where I've lived in the previous 10 years? I'm sure it's a dumb question I just couldn't find much info about it and am kind of regretting not applying with prints.

My understanding is any LE department can object. Also, dont assume you are clear on day 31. While, iirc, the law says submissions are to be entered into LE database within 10 days for the objection period, Molly has also reported the ISP will do the BG check first before looking at the objections.

..."For Concealed Carry Licenses with fingerprints to go with the applications, ISP said the average time is 129.9 days. Without fingerprints with the application, its 154.19 days."...

Doubtful, but I couldn't speak for Cook County.

I do these for an agency in another county. When you first apply, it is entered into the database immediately, and its 30 days from that point it disappears from LE screen.

My guess is you are safe after that point. LE uses zipcodes to find applicants who lived in their area the past 10 years.

I PM'd you for more information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
Is the LE objection period 30 calendar days?Yes. The 30-day clock starts when all LE agencies are notified of the application, which could take a day or so (for weekends, holidays, etc.) from when it's completed.And to forestall any questions, computers don't get COVID.
Its actually 30 days after the application is submitted by the applicant. LE aren't, so to speak, "notified". Its up to LE to search for applicants in their jurisdiction and its available to them right after its submitted by the applicant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived