GDL

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ddan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

Well, the letters showed up in the mail today from ISP.

Rules and requirements are up on ISP website.

This is bad stuff that is often internally inconsistent, unavailable, useless, and/or undefined.

Have a look at safe storage requirements as an example: https://www.isp.stat.../fdlc/forms.cfm

#2 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

Caveat - I am NOT an FFL beyond having a C&R license so I admit I am not educated on this topic.

Don't most FFLs, private home based or fixed box store, already follow and have in place most of the practices and protocols now defined at that ISP link?

Edited by RandyP, 23 May 2019 - 12:46 PM.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#3 ddan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

Not necessarily. But the real problem is the process and systems. Example: date FFL was issued on the FFL affidavit. There is no such thing on the FFL. No field for FOID expiration on he employee form. But it is a required field. I have t gotten very far into the process because the application requires me to certify 90 days of video being stored. Nope, and not required till January. There are also a lot of substantial stuff that was added. Additionally, who has a disaster recovery plan in their format? Who has a security plan in their format? And in and on. Best guess at his point is 40 hours to complete, plus two hours per employee to watch the stupid don’t lie for the other guy videos again. Signs throughout that these rules were written by someone with no depth of understanding of how business is done.

#4 davel501

• Supporting Members Team
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

Well they work in government so all they know is taxpayer money. People love to hate people on welfare but at least they don't do any harm with that taxpayer money.

#5 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,985 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:14 AM

There are also a lot of substantial stuff that was added.

Do you mean stuff added that is not in the law?

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#6 jagt48

• 1,509 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Stopped by my FFL today. He half jokingly said that I might be one of the last transfers he ever does. He only got his FFL maybe two or three years ago for something to do having just retired.

#7 Molly B.

• 15,985 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Where does the law say this:

d) If a retail location presents special security issues, such as exposed handling or unusual vulnerability to diversion, theft or loss, the Department may require additional safeguards, such as supervised watchman service.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#8 steveTA84

• 3,870 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

So now they gotta hire security?!?!?!???

#9 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,546 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

Where does the law say this:

d) If a retail location presents special security issues, such as exposed handling or unusual vulnerability to diversion, theft or loss, the Department may require additional safeguards, such as supervised watchman service.

I've been waiting for proposed rules to be issued to jcar and wondering what is happening. Then yesterday everything finalized. What the hey!!!? No checks and balances?

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#10 InterestedBystander

• 6,292 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:55 PM

Looked over last couple of meetings as well as items published to regster and saw nothing from the ISP

http://ilga.gov/comm...car/default.htm
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#11 Molly B.

• 15,985 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

Correct, Official rules have not been published per jcar rules and open for public comment. Looks like ISP has gotten way out over their skies by sending this out to dealers ahead of jcar approval.

#12 Onytay

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

Correct, Official rules have not been published per jcar rules and open for public comment. Looks like ISP has gotten way out over their skies by sending this out to dealers ahead of jcar approval.

Should we wait to apply or hope it will be straitened out in the end? So many questions and very little answers.......

#13 Hamish

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

At least 5 shops closing in Williamson county that I know of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users